LADIES FREE Skate | Page 47 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

StellaCampo

On the Ice
I honestly don't understand how this analogy applies to the Sato-Asada relationship.

Sorry if I was vague. I only meant that you are only as good as your most recent 50 jumps not the previous 1000. So if the recent 50 3As all failed you wouldn't trust yourself to do one (ie 3A). I wasn't referring to the Sato-Asada relationship. Also this is why I didn't mention the 2nd half of the article about Mao's practice in Japan going well. Because that's irrelevant for the reason I've given above.

verte76

On the Ice
You don't want to do that in front of the press. Also, since they have a couple year relationship, they now how and when to address those things and that was not the when nor the how. A little professionalism by coaches goes a long way!

She had a terrible Worlds! I feel terrible for Alissa!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Amelie Lacoste have lost a great opportunity to convince Skate Canada that she is the best.
Even Kaetlyn Osmond have better score than Lacoste in Junior Worlds. Next year, I think that Skate Canada will rooting for Kaetlyn Osmond. It would be a better choice for Canada.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I don't think Mao was injured . She said she has no idea what had happened to her. She said she still doesn't know what had happened to her when she was asked why on the next day. She said she was doing great while she was in Japan. She was nailing 3As. Everything started to go downhill when she arrived in Nice. I think she peaked too soon. She looked tired during her FS.

probably another vicim of the bad ice situation.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Amelie Lacoste have lost a great opportunity to convince Skate Canada that she is the best.
Even Kaetlyn Osmond have better score than Lacoste in Junior Worlds. Next year, I think that Skate Canada will rooting for Kaetlyn Osmond. It would be a better choice for Canada.

Very true. I wouldnt be surprised if we never see her at Worlds again. Osmond will be looked at seriously next year, Phaneuf will probably be improved under Orser. Also might Samson come back, with the wide open Canadian women she has every reason to want to. Then of course one cant ignore the possability of a Rochette comeback, in which case she waltzs back to the top based on anything the current Canadian women have shown. LaCoste did nothing to make her case at Worlds, and will have a hard time getting Canada's 1 spot to return next year.

geoffil

Spectator
For those of us who don't speak Italian could you translate it for us or tell us what made it hilarious? I did hear "mamma mia" when Alissa skated and it sounded very sympathetic. I bet it was 1000 times better than Scott Hamilton's grunts and same comments over and over.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Some comments. Carolina deserved the win here at Nice. Sad though to have a winner who can barely land a triple flip. I always felt Carolina was an extremely lucky skater but such is life timing is everything. She really should count her lucky stars she is so well loved considering all in respect to her skating. Alissa's skatess will have many yelling retire, give it up. She could pull a Maria Butyrskaya but after a bad competition Maria usually came back People complain about Patrick Chan falling but Alissa was like a human zamboni machine. It really marred the performances because she fell awkwardly often. As for Amelie Lacoste - how sad. NOthing to write home about and not even clean jumps. Canada needs to see if Phanuef re emerges as a star under Brian Orser, See if Kateyln picks up and best yet, Joannie returns. Bravo also Ashley Wagner - nice work leding the US ladies. You did great! On the sad note I am a little bored of Jenna McCorkell but she is the british champion - mainly because there is no competition. Poor Mao - maybe she needs tof igure otu if she wants to skate?

LeReveur

On the Ice
Leonova's presentation score was a disgrace. Her SP worked for her; her long program is one I have no desire to ever watch again. I love Carolina, but how is her technical elements score above Suzuki's? Do jumps really count that little in this system? Going along with that, how could Ashley Wagner's technical elements score be below Caro's as well? I found Murakami more endearing than earlier in the season. Asada still has lots of beauty in her skating. I think Kexin Zhang has lots of potential; how could her presentation score be 45.50? I thought she was very artistic and in synch with the music. She is behind Glebova's 46.98, something I cannot fathom.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Leonova's presentation score was a disgrace. Her SP worked for her; her long program is one I have no desire to ever watch again. I love Carolina, but how is her technical elements score above Suzuki's? Do jumps really count that little in this system? Going along with that, how could Ashley Wagner's technical elements score be below Caro's as well?

Yep, yet another course for endless frustration. :bang: Sometimes I wonder why I even care about this "sport"...

ETA: BTW, the nuclear meltdown of Czisny was FAR more frustrating to me than any potential mis-scoring at Wagner's expense...FWIW

Last edited:

FlattFan

Match Penalty

hurrah

Medalist
I apologize in advance for the trivial nature of what I am about to write, but it was one of the last things I saw in the ladies' competition, and has stuck in my mind and I need an outlet.
I wish Ksenia would learn to sit like a lady in the K&S. I saw her act like Marilyn on the ice, and then sit like a total man. It was so jarring, and her face is so beautiful I just wish she could keep up the image with a feminine posture.

brightphoton

Medalist
I apologize in advance for the trivial nature of what I am about to write, but it was one of the last things I saw in the ladies' competition, and has stuck in my mind and I need an outlet.
I wish Ksenia would learn to sit like a lady in the K&S. I saw her act like Marilyn on the ice, and then sit like a total man. It was so jarring, and her face is so beautiful I just wish she could keep up the image with a feminine posture.

You should apologise for that kind of comment. You shouldn't encourage sexist stereotypes. Do men get to have a monopoly on relaxed sitting postures, or is that only the privilege of "total" men? Ksenia should be able sit any way she wants without having her femininity put down.

hurrah

Medalist
You should apologise for that kind of comment. You shouldn't encourage sexist stereotypes. Do men get to have a monopoly on relaxed sitting postures, or is that only the privilege of "total" men? Ksenia should be able sit any way she wants without having her femininity put down.

I agree it's an awkward thing to say and it can be taken as a sexist comment, but if someone's fly is open or they've got hair hanging out of their nose, you'd have the compunction to point it out, wouldn't you? To me, it's the same sort of thing. I find Ksenia to be really beautiful, and it sort of ruins it for me when I see the way she sits.

But it's really a minor, trival point I've made.

Last edited:

brightphoton

Medalist
Having your pants zipper unclosed or spinach in your teeth isn't the same as someone saying you're less of a woman for the way you sit. There's no insult in the first two, and frankly, there's nothing wrong with the third that requires correction.