LADIES FREE Skate | Page 13 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

daphna

On the Ice
something is very wrong within USFSA, IMO. it's been going downhill ever since 2006. i can't believe i'm saying this, but the program is in a desperate need for a Martha Karolyi of some sort!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yretha was fantastic! She could perform a little more, and she desperately needs to straighten her neck/back, and could use better stroking/edges, but otherwise very strong. Although, I loathe the idea of packaging a black skater with vaguely tribal and totally inauthentic African music that has nothing to do with her ethnicity (wiki says she's of Togolese descent).

I was thinking that too about packaging, but I think she did sell it well- maybe she chose it/liked it?

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
By the way, doesn't Surya Bonaly look fantastic?! She doesn't look 40-something...

fairly4

Medalist
i feel bad for alissa, however is she done. i am not sure, but they really have to think about whether or not to push the U.S. Skaters, make them more pressure packed, to handle pressure and bad skating situations.

the only thing i wonder is this (not an excuse) but did alissa Lose too much wait. in other words is she too thin for her height to land her jumps, ankles.
that being stated.
the U.s team with except of danceas a whole doesn't have the mind set to compete when things really get bad to focus on job at hand. they make excuses like adam and lutz jump in short, alissa brohaha over 4cc, it seems we are sending as a whole skaters that arent able to compete mentally. they have the tricks of the trade but not the mind set to pull it off. i think caroline zhang might be the exception-i stated might.-have to wait and see.
i am holding off on ashley-why-she didn't try a triple/triple like the other top ten ladies in the short. once she fell out of her single jump-she gave up and skated to hang on.

katymay

Medalist
Oh well, Something was wrong with Alissa. Maybe she is going through a break up or something.

Well, for one thing, she has gained weight. The extra weight actually looks wonderful on her but....3 or 4 pounds can mean the triple becomes a double. Or a fall. Kwan, once upon a time, was thrown off by two extra pounds.

brightphoton

Medalist
Well, well, well, USFSA. You didn't learn your lesson from 2009 Worlds, and held up the pretty but technically deficient skater again. The skating gods decided to teach you your lesson harder this time around.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
You know what's off? Alissa fell 5 times and officially lost 5 points in total (although there would be some goe and ur points as well, I'm sure).

In another competition (not ladies) a skater beat another skater by, I believe, about 5 points in the PCS because some judges subjectively thought the better skater had cleaner lines, better edges, more interpretation, etc. I didn't mention any names.

Falling 5 times=judges liking your competitors "components" better. No, this system doesn't need to be fixed.

fairly4

Medalist
also due to the fact alissa bomb the short i was expecting this in the long, hoping it wouldn't happen but it did.
so we might have only 1 lady -which is what i think the usfsa wanted-all it takes is one, but we need one that fights -not one that skates.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Losing the second spot isn't going to happen. Ashley would have to finish 12th or worse.

Irishflip

On the Ice
I fell soooo bad for Alissa, no one deserves this :no:. I wonder what excuse Philip Hersh will use for last year being Rachael's fault but not Alissa's this year.

It would be torture (of Alissa) to ever send her back to Worlds. Alissa and Worlds don't get along. Please, if you have compassion, don't even think about it!

Didn't people read Hersh on the ladies short? He already wrote Alissa off.

ingofan1

Rinkside
The usfsa needs to have talk with Alissa and tell her she needs to retire....sasha had problems with consistencey ..this girl is unreal..