Hey PB for Yretha! Yay. I like her.
Ashley needs to be 8th or better to keep 3 spots. All the talk about her losing 1 spot a few years ago and now trying to gain one back, it would be ironic if she was on the team that lost another spot. See how taking ownership she will be after this or she will distance herself from being a leader.
Alissa's meltdown was heart breaking. This was worse than Nancy Kerrigan's Worlds disaster in 1993. I hope this is not the last we see of her. She cannot leave the sport like this.
why poor alissa how many times has she done this ...she just needs to quit...the us probably only going to send 1 person next b/c of her.
the usfsa saw how bad she was weeks ago, why did they still send her?
Oh well, Something was wrong with Alissa. Maybe she is going through a break up or something.
Position After 12 of 24
1. Yretha SILETE (FRA) - 148.18 (FS = 99.76 (TES: 55.85, PCS: 44.91, DED: 1.00))
2. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 144.28 (FS = 95.24 (TES: 50.94, PCS: 44.30))
3. Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP) - 140.24 (FS = 92.88 (TES: 50.04, PCS: 42.84))
4. Amelie LACOSTE (CAN) - 138.60 (FS = 89.23 (TES: 44.89, PCS: 46.34, DED: 2.00))
5. Natalia POPOVA (UKR) - 136.36 (FS = 89.76 (TES: 48.54, PCS: 41.22))
6. Juulia TURKKILA (FIN) - 135.56 (FS = 87.81 (TES: 46.59, PCS: 41.22))
7. Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA (RUS) - 129.98 (FS = 83.27 (TES: 42.53, PCS: 40.74))
8. Sarah HECKEN (GER) - 129.20 (FS = 82.81 (TES: 44.57, PCS: 39.24, DED: 1.00))
9. Kerstin FRANK (AUT) - 126.17 (FS = 80.37 (TES: 42.19, PCS: 38.18))
10. Alissa CZISNY (USA) - 124.11 (FS = 75.80 (TES: 33.13, PCS: 47.67, DED: 5.00))
11. Romy BÜHLER (SUI) - 116.21 (FS = 72.19 (TES: 35.12, PCS: 38.07, DED: 1.00))
12. Alisa MIKONSAARI (FIN) - 110.40 (FS = 66.24 (TES: 33.59, PCS: 33.65, DED: 1.00))
On account of Polina Korobeynikova's lame efforts in these championships, if Russia is going to retain its 3 sports at worlds for next year, Ksenia Makarova is going to need to perform her best long program of the year.
Czisny was just so slow and tentative around the ice, no wonder she missed all those jumps. Can't see her appearing at worlds again. She will probably finish 22nd!! She got FIVE deductions!! That was nothing less than a total meltdown
Last edited by Mao88; 03-31-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Yretha was fantastic! She could perform a little more, and she desperately needs to straighten her neck/back, and could use better stroking/edges, but otherwise very strong. Although, I loathe the idea of packaging a black skater with vaguely tribal and totally inauthentic African music that has nothing to do with her ethnicity (wiki says she's of Togolese descent).