Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Oh well, Something was wrong with Alissa. Maybe she is going through a break up or something.
    i doubt that would make u fall 5 times

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Ok, thanks for correcting me. Well, that's good to know for Team USA!
    Totally. I was freaking out that Spain lost a spot in men's but then someone corrected me.

Custom Title
    something is very wrong within USFSA, IMO. it's been going downhill ever since 2006. i can't believe i'm saying this, but the program is in a desperate need for a Martha Karolyi of some sort!

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Yretha was fantastic! She could perform a little more, and she desperately needs to straighten her neck/back, and could use better stroking/edges, but otherwise very strong. Although, I loathe the idea of packaging a black skater with vaguely tribal and totally inauthentic African music that has nothing to do with her ethnicity (wiki says she's of Togolese descent).
    I was thinking that too about packaging, but I think she did sell it well- maybe she chose it/liked it?

Custom Title
    My only comment: I hope Hersh was watching it live.

skating philosopher
    By the way, doesn't Surya Bonaly look fantastic?! She doesn't look 40-something...

Custom Title
    i feel bad for alissa, however is she done. i am not sure, but they really have to think about whether or not to push the U.S. Skaters, make them more pressure packed, to handle pressure and bad skating situations.

the only thing i wonder is this (not an excuse) but did alissa Lose too much wait. in other words is she too thin for her height to land her jumps, ankles.
    that being stated.
    the U.s team with except of danceas a whole doesn't have the mind set to compete when things really get bad to focus on job at hand. they make excuses like adam and lutz jump in short, alissa brohaha over 4cc, it seems we are sending as a whole skaters that arent able to compete mentally. they have the tricks of the trade but not the mind set to pull it off. i think caroline zhang might be the exception-i stated might.-have to wait and see.
    i am holding off on ashley-why-she didn't try a triple/triple like the other top ten ladies in the short. once she fell out of her single jump-she gave up and skated to hang on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    Oh well, Something was wrong with Alissa. Maybe she is going through a break up or something.
    Well, for one thing, she has gained weight. The extra weight actually looks wonderful on her but....3 or 4 pounds can mean the triple becomes a double. Or a fall. Kwan, once upon a time, was thrown off by two extra pounds.

Custom Title
    Well, well, well, USFSA. You didn't learn your lesson from 2009 Worlds, and held up the pretty but technically deficient skater again. The skating gods decided to teach you your lesson harder this time around.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    the usfsa saw how bad she was weeks ago, why did they still send her?
    I agree. As I said before usfsa needs and big hug and a slap in the faceat the same time. Enough!

Custom Title
    You know what's off? Alissa fell 5 times and officially lost 5 points in total (although there would be some goe and ur points as well, I'm sure).

In another competition (not ladies) a skater beat another skater by, I believe, about 5 points in the PCS because some judges subjectively thought the better skater had cleaner lines, better edges, more interpretation, etc. I didn't mention any names.

Falling 5 times=judges liking your competitors "components" better. No, this system doesn't need to be fixed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    He certainly was. He was tweeting each and everyone of her falls...

Custom Title
    also due to the fact alissa bomb the short i was expecting this in the long, hoping it wouldn't happen but it did.
    so we might have only 1 lady -which is what i think the usfsa wanted-all it takes is one, but we need one that fights -not one that skates.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    WOW! Alissa last in TES. This is just abysmal.

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast