Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

Custom Title
    Ashley certainly could fall to 13th. In fact, I'm expecting it, after what I've seen of our esteemed men and Alissa. If that happens---

Good. Get em down to only 1 spot, send improved Caroline or Gracie or another up and comer, and be done with the rest of them. Bye Ashley, Alissa, Rachael, Mirai! Good luck in your new careers.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Plus Sasha didn't just give up when she screwed up. She would fight till the end. Not so now with some of these girls.
    they can't fight. their feelings were critically and irrevocably hurt.

Custom Title
    Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision. Even if your injury is not overly serious, it can still be very detrimental to your performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by daphna View Post
    something is very wrong within USFSA, IMO. it's been going downhill ever since 2006. i can't believe i'm saying this, but the program is in a desperate need for a Martha Karolyi of some sort!
    I agree. USFSA needs a national team system like USA gymnastics and select athletes for WC competition after a verification camp and not after nationals. This is the 3rd time I felt that USFSA should have sent Caroline Zhang to Worlds. 2007, 2010 (despite her 11th place finish at nationals) and now 2012.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Alissa as well as any of the current US girls could only wish to have the consistency level of Sasha Cohen. Sure, Cohen could have 1-3 mistakes in the LP, but she pretty much always skated a clean SP under pressure cooker situations and she had highlights to her skating that international judges loved and she pretty much always managed to finish 2nd - 4th in major events.
    Sasha made 21 straight podiums and was still crucified on this board and elsewhere as inconsistent and lazy.

Custom Title
    Phil Hersh's twitter reaction to Czisny's performance (so far):-

For the 2d time in 3 seasons, Czisny has to decide whether or not she should keep skating. And now the US could lose the 2d spot....Has anyone ever seen that many falls by an elite skater in one program?....So maybe if Alissa continues she should try Kostner's coach, who turned her around after the painful 2009 and 2010 seasons.
    http://twitter.com/#!/olyphil

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision.

when will hersh write his column DEMANDING that a concealed injury be investigated, hmmm?

Custom Title
    Regardless of her performance today, I still love Alissa.

Custom Title
    Well if Alissa was injured and didn't tell anyone and her coaches knew it i say fine them all and ban them for a year. This nonsense has to stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Poodlepal View Post
    Ashley certainly could fall to 13th. In fact, I'm expecting it, after what I've seen of our esteemed men and Alissa. If that happens---

Good. Get em down to only 1 spot, send improved Caroline or Gracie or another up and comer, and be done with the rest of them. Bye Ashley, Alissa, Rachael, Mirai! Good luck in your new careers.
    are you Ok??? Wagner has great chance to win gold if she skate like she does in practices. Are you on sleeping pill or something?

this happened two weeks ago with jeremy and alissa, they fell all over the place. i wonder if the usfsa ask them at all to find out if they were injured? that would be interesting to know. it's the same thing that happened last year rachael was injured at the gpf, and the usfsa knew. now this year alissa was injured at the gpf and the usfsa knew about it.

So, let's say the US goes down to one spot this year, and that one spot goes to someone like Gracie or Caroline next year. How would they have to place in order to get the USA back up to two or three spots for the Olympics?

Man, this is abysmal.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I was thinking that too about packaging, but I think she did sell it well- maybe she chose it/liked it?
    She obviously agreed to it. That doesn't change how I feel about it, though. I know figure skating LOVES to do ethnic drag. Every skater eventually attempts a tango program, or flamenco, or some other style that comes from a well established tradition in another culture. That is fine and can even be wonderful. But in order for it to be truly good, the skater and the choreographer really needs to study that tradition of movement and properly draw from it, not just skim it superficially. It just seems like things like tango get so much more respect from choreographers (who are probably a lot more familiar with tango). Chucking some generic tribal Cirque du Soleil music for Yretha is just... not enough.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Regardless of her performance today, I still love Alissa.
    same applies for me. her performance would have zero impact on my feelings towards her. you know, like the emo phillips joke, i love you a thousand times that?

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    If Alissa skated injured after the Rachael incident last year and the red flag of the International Challenge, then I have little respect for her or her team.

Page 19 of 65 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast