Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    Oh and from my Dad last night after seeing that hideous costume of Mao's...

It *is* hideous, but I don't think poor Tarasova deserves quite *that* for it. LOL!!
    I have to say I'm not particularly fond of Mao's SP costume and feel that the pants costume was much better, but somehow, it doesn't bother me that much because its hideousness is normal in nature, if that makes any sense, as opposed to Tat's unique hideousness. Mao's costume is very much like Joannie's Delilah and Miki's Cleopatra costumes at Vancouver, which were equally hideous. And, if we can agree that Mao, Joannie and Miki's costumes are hideous, we can extrapolate further and say that in fact, upon close inspection, women's costumes in general tend to be categorically hideous.

Within this sea of hideousness, I always considered Tat's hideousness to be unique (which might actually be a merit). But then, when I saw Elizaveta's green slime outfit this season, I saw that Tat's taste might not be so much unique as culturally informed.
    Last edited by hurrah; 03-31-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Custom Title
    Interesting observations about the ice! I arrived Wednesday night and it was really hot for that time of day! On Thursday I noticed it was indeed pretty hot in the arena, as I'd read in tweets before. Basically it was really hot everywhere in Nice. It was hotter in the practice rink that it was outside at night! The temperature has dropped quite a bit though, inside and out.. So hopefully the quality of the ice is better now!

Custom Title
    Memo to ISU: no more Senior Championships in Nice. Was Coupe de Nice held at same venue and if so, were there ice quality complaints then?

^^ETA ice quality is more a function of the chiller equipment and refrigerant distribution under the rink's ice surface, followed by general humidity level, rather than the air temperature per se. Properly designed and maintained, the system should be able to be adjusted to compensate for unusually warm air temperatures.
    Last edited by bigsisjiejie; 03-31-2012 at 01:18 AM.

Custom Title
    1. Kostner
    2-3-4 - Asada/Suzuki/Wagner
    5 - Murakami
    6 - Leonova
    7 - Elene

Can Polina and Alissa climb in the top 10?

Banned
    hopefully Caro wins this , if she doesn't make to many erros in LP
    she has this in the bag

The title definitely has to go to Europe this year,because since 2005 Slutskaya only Asia got it,so I'm pretty tired of japanese ladies wining this!So please Carolina or Alena win this!

I really pray that Mao wins this one, after all she has been through she really deserves it... carolina has already won euro and GPF now I just want Mao to winn it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raress View Post
    The title definitely has to go to Europe this year,because since 2005 Slutskaya only Asia got it,so I'm pretty tired of japanese ladies wining this!So please Carolina or Alena win this!
    ikr, its long overdue
    its like the Oscars waiting for Meryl Streep to get another best actress award
    Carolina should win this easily if she is not disastrous in LP

It's not the Oscars. It's a sports event. The person whom the CoP judges impartially judge to have done best should win.

Custom Title
    I am hoping Mao wins too, by for once listening to advice and not attempting 3A. As long as she lands 3Lz (in whatever form, 2 ft, U/R) and doesn't double 3S, she will.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    As for Amelie...As much I would love for her to prove me wrong and end up in the top 10, after hearing her say in an interview yesterday her goal for later today is a four triple program, well... I enjoy her skating, but only four triples at this level isn't going to cut it sadly.
    Tigger, I certainly don't know Amelie, but from past statements, it seems she sets her expectations on herself too high and then crumbles to deliver those expectations. Wasn't she saying that her goal dream here was to make top 5? Maybe she is taking the opposite approach now in hopes that she will surprise herself and her mind and do better. Just a guess, who knows?

Custom Title
    Just checked the schedule and it states Alissa will be skating in group 2, and Ashley the last one in group 3. Fudge, this PO's me, I was hoping both would skate right away, Alissa 1st group and Ashley 2nd, and be done with it.

Just get it over with you two, bombs away, I hope you two earn 1 spot next year because none of the Americans deserve anything better.

Americans are just talk, blah blah blah, no action. No wonder skating has died in this country. COI, and SOI next. Pathetic. Truly pathetic. Geeze.

Go down in flames. Go down in flames. Go down in flames.

Custom Title
    ps: the next Olympics can't come soon enough, as that's when I won't have to see this pathetic magtag of American skaters anymore. Unfortunately I've had to watch them upon my return two years ago, though I only had and have eyes for Zhenya. Thank God for Zhenya!

Carolina will win this like Patrick Chan--propped by PCS even with mistakes and maybe even a fall, which are not quite as costly as say Mao's jumps being downgraded. Mao is skating under the scrutiny of Amano...she'll have at least one DG in the free even if she goes "clean".

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Carolina will win this like Patrick Chan--propped by PCS even with mistakes and maybe even a fall, which are not quite as costly as say Mao's jumps being downgraded. Mao is skating under the scrutiny of Amano...she'll have at least one DG in the free even if she goes "clean".
    and we will see booing again if carolina skate like 2008, i can't see judges give her a world title. not after chan.

Page 2 of 65 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 52 ... LastLast