Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

Custom Title
    Same note, can we investigate yuka and jason. They commit the same mistake Tom z did. They be banned from coaching, yes?

What is wrong with the judges,such low score for the components in the World Championship..!!!This is crazy!!!

Next group are now warming up. Ashley Wagner skates last in this group

The interview Universal Sports did with Alissa after her short was heartbreaking and even more torturous for her I think... watching her LP now, it's devastating.

Custom Title
    If Alissa is injured, we'll never find out about it. Everyone is going to keep mum. Yuko and Jason know what happened to Rachael.

Custom Title
    What happens if Alissa is again the best performer through the GP circuit again next year? Although it's unlikely with the expected Gracie domination and perhaps a revitalized Caroline.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision. Even if your injury is not overly serious, it can still be very detrimental to your performance.
    In fairness, the only triple jump that Alissa was close to landing today was the 3flip - she didn't fall on it, but I suspect it was underrotated.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Well if Alissa was injured and didn't tell anyone and her coaches knew it i say fine them all and ban them for a year. This nonsense has to stop.
    USFS might be aware of it though. They were certainly aware of her being injured at GPF. She is still not doing 3Fs, so something has to be wrong with her. USFS may have given her the okay to compete. Perhaps they don't have the nerve to actually pull skaters from Worlds who want to give it a go.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    Phil Hersh's twitter reaction to Czisny's performance (so far):-

http://twitter.com/#!/olyphil

BS!!!!

How tame, yet he literally crucified Rachael Flatt. STOP CODDLING YOUR FAVORITE!!!!

By the way, this has nothing to do with Alissa the person, but rather Alissa the skater, but more than anything else Phil Hersh's totally biased articles for those he likes and those he doesn't.

Diablo!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    So, let's say the US goes down to one spot this year, and that one spot goes to someone like Gracie or Caroline next year. How would they have to place in order to get the USA back up to two or three spots for the Olympics?

Man, this is abysmal.
    Top 2 to have 3 spots.

And I think top 10 for 2 points?

Custom Title
    The next warm up group is on the ice. I have my fingers crossed for Ashley. All I can do right now is hope that she does well after Alissa's meltdown.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    are you Ok??? Wagner has great chance to win gold if she skate like she does in practices. Are you on sleeping pill or something?
    I did buy and Advil PM last night, but fortunately I didn't need to take it, LOL. So you think she'll win? Out of your mouth and into God's ears. Hope you're right. But ice is a slippery sport.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gold12345 View Post
    Alissa is clearly still suffering from the injury she suffered at the GPF (or an injury similar to that). The fact that she is still not attempting triple flips, which is by far one of her better jumps, is all the proof we need to see that. Alissa is inconsistent, but she's not completely incompetent. She is skating like an injured person.

And as an athlete, I'm sure she wanted to fight through it and hope she could pull something off, but I wonder if her camp will end up questioning this decision. Even if your injury is not overly serious, it can still be very detrimental to your performance.
    I agree!! Inconsistent but not incompetent! Some of her previous problems in involved falling and underrotating. This was a can't land anything situation! If it is nerves it is nerves caused by injury! THinking about injury. No way is this all nerves. Not in her case have they been this bad! This was off the charts. Not even Czisny. If you look at her from the past she seems also to have gained weight. It is something with ier body not her mind in my view. Maybe she ate a lot while injured or it is something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Gymfan15 View Post
    So, let's say the US goes down to one spot this year, and that one spot goes to someone like Gracie or Caroline next year. How would they have to place in order to get the USA back up to two or three spots for the Olympics?

Man, this is abysmal.
    Top 10 for 2
    Top 2 for 3.

take off the oven mitts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilshorty View Post
    The next warm up group is on the ice. I have my fingers crossed for Ashley. All I can do right now is hope that she does well after Alissa's meltdown.
    ashley is a tiger. i have hopes.

to be honest i too prefer the wussy princessy type to fangs bared saliva dripping down predator-mode skaters, but... clearly, we have no princesses who pack a dagger in her garter in our armamentarium... or at least we refused to place her top 2.

Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast