LADIES FREE Skate | Page 24 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

In the K&C Mr Nicks wanted her to kiss him. She was embarrassed (but she did it)! He looks like a little roast chicken ("about 18 billion years old," as Ashley put it). But they are a great team.

jan

On the Ice
2Axel+2footed 3toe was the only major mistake I saw. Will they catch a wrong edge on the 3Lutz entry too? Still, she showed fire and passion out there, not timidness and doubt.

There was nothing to "catch". It was quite obvious.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Why such a low score for Ash?! :scratch:

I think he score was fine. Definite edge call on the lutz, and the program overall was not as strong as 4CC though Ashley herself was a TIGER. I am happy for her. She will surely be in the top 5; she has made a true fan of me this year.

macy

Record Breaker
Well, for one thing, she has gained weight. The extra weight actually looks wonderful on her but....3 or 4 pounds can mean the triple becomes a double. Or a fall. Kwan, once upon a time, was thrown off by two extra pounds.

she GAINED weight? i don't see it...she lost between 2010 nats and 2010-2011 season and more in between seasons this year. she's looked the same to me all season, which IMO is too skinny.

mateusp1

On the Ice
Ashley!! Amazing!

For me, the PC's were VERY underscored. She deserved 60-62. Only 57? Come on judges.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Ashley's relatively low score may be a matter of reputation (in which case a podium is out of reach), or it's the new PCS regime after judges have been reeducated on scoring such things, in which case Ashley has a chance.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ashley was FANTASTIC! way to bring it, girl.

whod've thought a year ago that Ashley would carry the USFSA's singles skating program here in Nice?!

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Now that is how an american lady skates with pressure at Worlds. Not puke face or Kerrigan face for Ashley.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Ashley's relatively low score may be a matter of reputation (in which case a podium is out of reach), or it's the new PCS regime after judges have been reeducated on scoring such things, in which case Ashley has a chance.

I believe it's the second. We will see shortly :)

Selene

On the Ice
Ashley did have some little mistakes, but I thought the score was low for her. I guess that is what was to be expected with the European judging panel.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Great skate from Ashley, but she was low-balled in the marks. I guess the ISU has spoken and really gotten back at U.S. daring to have top teams in ice dance. :laugh:

lilshorty

On the Ice
There is nearly a 20 point gap between first and second right now. Ashley could very well podium. She has set the standard for this last group.