LADIES FREE Skate | Page 25 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well regardless of the score, Ashley should be proud of herself. She went out there and did the best she could.

Oooohhh I love Akiko's new dress. She looks GORGEOUS!

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Finally! An American who comes to win. I was never really a fan of Ashley's before, but I love her competitive spirit. And her long program this year is one of the best.

skfan

Final Flight
Score not as high as 4CC, but 120 is still respectable given that she got an edge call + the two foot on the 2A-3T.

wasn't there at least one other 2-foot?

nonetheless, here is the attack, the aggressiveness the USFSA has been seeking... and the outcome, too.

lavender

Record Breaker
It's a lot of inconsistent skaters before Ashley in the standings so who knows and it's a bad competition for the ladies all around.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley would have received higher PCS had she been skating in the final group with the same performance.

Medusa

Record Breaker
she GAINED weight? i don't see it...she lost between 2010 nats and 2010-2011 season and more in between seasons this year. she's looked the same to me all season, which IMO is too skinny.
I actually thought the same. She was really thin during the last season and this season it seemed that she gained that weight back. Note please that I thought / think that she looks absolutely fine, skater-thin and everything. But it might have influenced her jumps that she gained that weight back she lost before the last season.

Art&Sport

Medalist
At least Ashley's skate is at last something good to write home about for the U.S. (D/W skated great but were taken down by the judges for whatever reason).

Not so sure Ashley will be allowed to podium, as that could be why the low-balling in PCS.

My Ice Network feed is crap -- I've not had this problem before, but it might be due to the location of the event, but I'll have to rethink purchasing Worlds viewing from them next year.

Last edited:

waltzjump

Rinkside
The 3 Toe in combination with Double axel was actually downgraded, as said Italian broadcasters, who can look at the protocols in progress.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
Can't get enough of Mao's lovely Aphrodite-like lavender toga dress :love:

Oreo

On the Ice
she has made a true fan of me this year.

Yeah, me too. I was neutral before, but I have huge respect for someone who changes everything to fight back (like Caroline Zhang). I hope she does even better next year!

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Final flight, Please I wish that Kostner doesn't win. Her jump content is ridiculous.
I wish that Ksenia skate to her best, maybe the music cut of her free skate is bad, but this cannot affect her ability. She can be so good when she is on :)
Good luck to Akiko, Kanako and Mao also.
I'm not fan of Leonova but if it her year, I will accept her win.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
Sunderland has annoyed me ALL WEEK with his stupidity... Peter Carruthers corrected him several times in the pairs and mens event.

I hate Sunderland as well. It's obvious that he's just reading from prepared bios. Couldn't they spring for two commentators that know something about dancing....I mean skating.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Leonova's LP so far is completely void of any choreography. Just stroking and crossovers setting up into jumps. Messy 3Lutz.

Nadine

Record Breaker
No, Ashley won't podium, but she did a darn good job, FABULOUS in fact, she can be very proud of herself and hold her head high! :love: :love: :love: :love:

Lol so happy & excited & overjoyed for her that I'm not even bothering to watch the rest. Just keep seeing Ashley pumping her fist directly in front of Princess Caroline & Princess Alexandra and them giving her a standing ovation. Could barely type....ahhh....memories.....sweet precious tender memories..... :love: