Medalist
i am gonna call it, not hard
great job world champ carolina kostner

good job silver alena leonova

good job bronze medal akiko suzuki

i think ashley will finish 4th--i hope

daphna

On the Ice
so happy for Carolina. after all those years of being there and ther abouts, she's done it with a simply goregeous skate. i hope she has a consistent Lutz by Sochi, and can finally have a super olympics. she deserves it.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
89.67. That is the score Ksenia will need to place 11th and keep 3 spots for Russia.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Ksenia MAKAROVA (RUS)

Music: 20th Century Fox Fanfare by John Williams,
Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friends by Jule Styne
I Wanna Be Loved By You by Herbert Stothart and Harry Ruby

6th after SP

3Lz << - stepout
3T - hard fall
3Lo
ChSp
LSp
3Lo+2T
3S - fall
1A
2A - hangs on
FSSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Not a good skate from Makarova, but that was to be expected...

JeffyJosephNCA

On the Ice
Congrats to Carolina on her first World Title & Akiko for her first world medal though I would've given her the silver and Leonova the bronze. :)

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dang, I was hoping Ashley would get the bronze. But is was certainly within her reach. She did the job she set out to do. Too bad about Alissa.

Nadine

Record Breaker
I'm very pleased with the results. Ashley finishes right up there with Mirai, Alissa, and Rachael with their best showings at Worlds. :cool:

And best of all Miss Carolina Kostner is finally World Champion. :bow: She's finally realized the potential she showed looooong ago, and like other long-time posters can relate to, we've been there every step of the way. :love:

Akiko's PCS should have been the second best one in the whole competition. I just don't get how Mao received 60 points for PCS. Talking about "gifted".

christinaskater

Medalist
I am so proud of Akiko! She deserves it! Had it been flawless-she would have won this :( So happy she got her 1st medal!

Becki

Medalist
aleona as a world silver medalist.....man she needs a better choreographer (and for that matter - coach) 'cause she's a decent skater.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
But the good news is that Ashley will be 3rd in the LP, which means she'll at least get a small medal! :thumbsup:

hurrah

Medalist
Makarova has lost alot of weight and she's really a pretty girl/woman. On par with Kiira Korpi in looks.