Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

Custom Title
    I remember from watching Europeans back in 2003 that I thought Carolina would one day become world champion. Its taken her 9 years, but she has done it!! Well done CAROLINA!!

Carolina's English is quite good! And she is so classy! Love her.

ETA: And her little line in French was adorable too!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mao88 View Post
    I remember from watching Europeans back in 2003 that I thought Carolina would one day become world champion. Its taken her 9 years, but she has done it!! Well done CAROLINA!!
    GOLD - 25 years old age
    SILVER - 22
    BRONZE - 27

no teens

Custom Title
    Carolina is very well spoken. Congrats to her and all of the ladies on the podium!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    I really, really wanted Ashley to podium, and finally break both the medal drought for the US ladies and just for herself. But then I realized I actually wanted it for Akiko more when I noticed I was nearly falling out of my chair during her skate 'cause I was rooting so hard.

Akiko, IMO, is possibly the best performer on the ladies side in skating right now. She has never gotten her due in that regard in the PCS. But she made up for it by working so very hard on her technical elements, learning a 3/3 and a 2a/3t at her relative late age (and she gets better and better at them, too). If the judges won't give it to her in the PCS she'll just have to win it with TES.

Really, anyway you look at this Worlds, the bronzes in every discipline were the highlights. All 4 bronzes went to first time world medalists, all of them at varying stages of their careers, but all of them delightful skaters with lots of supporters who wanted the best for them. I will say, though, that Akiko's win is the most satisfying and touching for me.
    Yup. I feel Akiko is my favorite especially in the performance aspect of FSing. And she has the tech too. I wish she could have been a step higher on the podium but a medal is a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    I really, really wanted Ashley to podium, and finally break both the medal drought for the US ladies and just for herself. But then I realized I actually wanted it for Akiko more when I noticed I was nearly falling out of my chair during her skate 'cause I was rooting so hard.

Akiko, IMO, is possibly the best performer on the ladies side in skating right now. She has never gotten her due in that regard in the PCS. But she made up for it by working so very hard on her technical elements, learning a 3/3 and a 2a/3t at her relative late age (and she gets better and better at them, too). If the judges won't give it to her in the PCS she'll just have to win it with TES.

Really, anyway you look at this Worlds, the bronzes in every discipline were the highlights. All 4 bronzes went to first time world medalists, all of them at varying stages of their careers, but all of them delightful skaters with lots of supporters who wanted the best for them. I will say, though, that Akiko's win is the most satisfying and touching for me.
    I completely agree with you. For the life of me, I can't understand Akiko's PCS scores. I feel like I'm missing something...can someone offer at least a plausible explanation?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Yes! Even though she might be disappointed, 4th is a fantastic result considering she hasn't been among the world's elite AT ALL as recently as 2 months ago. You really have to build up your reputation to get good marks and so she is definitely on the right path to better results next year! So proud of her!
    This - it is about building momentum and gaining experience. Next stop WTT for Ashley and then she joins the cast of SOI for the Canadian tour. I personally think that having the opportunity to skate with the likes of Kurt Browning, Jeff Buttle, Joannie Rochette, V/M, Jeremy Abbott etc in group numbers can only improve her presentation skills...my two cents...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    GOLD - 25 years old age
    SILVER - 22
    BRONZE - 27

no teens
    Yes, congratulations to the 3 mature ladies on the podium!!!!
    Shame about Ashley. I thought she might have gained more points...
    Worried about Mao. Was that 1A meant to be 2A or 3A? She seemed to totally lack energy.

Custom Title
    So proud of Wagner, almost got that third spot.

Akiko you rock. Glad you got a medal

Great for Leonova, for not falling apart.

Carolina, you finally did it. How many times did people say you should quit. Well this win was a big FU to their face.

Alyssa, you went for every jump no matter what and that shows how strong you really are. Don't listen to the haters, you hang in there and come back strong next year.

GOLD - 25 years old age
    SILVER - 22
    BRONZE - 27

no teens
    luv this!

Custom Title
    Final thought: Carolina was able to do this year what Alissa will never be able to do even if she skates her best because the real Russians are coming next year. And that means this year was the best shot for everybody, especially Alissa. No Yuna, no Miki, a fragile Mao, the door was wide open for the artists to step through, and Carolina did just that! As I said waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when I first saw her she reminds me of my all-time favorite Oksana Baiul, both classified as *diamonds* when they first hit the scene.

Rinkside
    Coincidentally, ice dance aside, the new bronze medalists were all Japanese!

A bronze is worth a gold as these Championships The bronze medalists in all disciplines were more enchanting than the other two medalists

Custom Title
    Alyssa, you went for every jump no matter what and that shows how strong you really are. Don't listen to the haters, you hang in there and come back strong next year.
    Why are people considered haters when they only talk about what happened right infront of our eyes? The girl bombed, not just a couple mistakes, but she bombed, and did it for the 2nd competition in a row. There is nothing to praise in Alyssa's performance today.

Custom Title
    Congrats to Carolina, and Akiko (Wish you won sliver)

Alena as well (for exceed my expectation)

To be honest, the standard of ladies skate right now is very low. Kesnia bomb like that and she still in top ten - that tell something.

I am the biggest Akiko fan and I also agree she earned that silver.
    Alena just earned enough points thanks to her SP and the block voting.

1. Carolina Kostner
    2. Akiko Suzuki
    3. Ashley Wagner for me

Page 50 of 65 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast