Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 826 to 840 of 965

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

  1. #826
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,690
    Miki Ando is not some punk you can push down the podium just because you'd like to.
    She'd put up a fight for her spots.
    Her 2 programs at last year world are enough to win again.
    Kostner repeated herself, flawed short, 5 triple LP. Miki also had 5 triples, but 2 were lutzes with big GOE.

    I doubt some new Russian girls will threaten Kostner or Miki right now. Who are consistent among them? None. And they haven't even grown yet. Adelina can kiss her 3flutz-3loop good bye. Liza has so much trouble with ice coverage. Her PCS will not improve until she skates more than half the rink. The others are still too young. Polina K? Look at her here. Polina S? her PCS will be in the 40s.

    If Kostner put out another 6 triples lutz-less LP, she would win again unless Miki steps in. No way some young Russian can come in and spoil it unless they have the skate of their life and WITH triple axel/quad something.

  2. #827

  3. #828
    Custom Title alexeifan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    289
    the young russians weren't that impressive this year, they could be worse next year who knows

  4. #829
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,199
    That would be too depressing that two skaters who failed to medal at the last two Olympics would be on the podium at Sochi. Does not say much for Ladies skating right now.

  5. #830
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,077
    ^Thanks for the try, Stella, unfortunately that one's blocked for the U.S.

  6. #831
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Akiko's LP! Most musical skater! Undermarked in the PCS. She deserves the silver medal for me for that inspired performance.

    But she has earned a Silver medal for the Free skate!

  7. #832
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4,903
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Miki Ando is not some punk you can push down the podium just because you'd like to.
    She'd put up a fight for her spots.
    Her 2 programs at last year world are enough to win again.
    Kostner repeated herself, flawed short, 5 triple LP. Miki also had 5 triples, but 2 were lutzes with big GOE.

    I doubt some new Russian girls will threaten Kostner or Miki right now. Who are consistent among them? None. And they haven't even grown yet. Adelina can kiss her 3flutz-3loop good bye. Liza has so much trouble with ice coverage. Her PCS will not improve until she skates more than half the rink. The others are still too young. Polina K? Look at her here. Polina S? her PCS will be in the 40s.

    If Kostner put out another 6 triples lutz-less LP, she would win again unless Miki steps in. No way some young Russian can come in and spoil it unless they have the skate of their life and WITH triple axel/quad something.
    Since everything you predict ends up right you only confirm I am right so thanks. Your Ando predictions will bomb as badly as your statement Takahashi & Tran skating cleanly could beat Volosozhar & Trankov, hahaha. Well they would have I should say, fortunately for you Ando probably isnt returning so there is a good chance you will be spared on this instance.

    No Ando's peformance last year wouldnt have won this year. She barely beat a sleepwalking Kim at her worst ever last year, and barely won last years Worlds which everyone would agree was far worse in quality than this years (this years wasnt great, but atleast over 2011 which set the sport back 30 years). Kostner would kill her on PCS and both landed basically the same jump content (or marginally more for Miki).
    Last edited by pangtongfan; 03-31-2012 at 05:05 PM.

  8. #833
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,690
    Miki clobbered Kostner in the SP.
    In the LP, she had 2 lutzes. Her scores were 130+. Kostner with huge PCS couldn't beat Miki's flawed program last year.
    Miki's LP at the 2011 4cc got 135 or something, right?

    Are you arguing with logic? Miki would win again and again if she compete. No Russians can beat her unless they fix all of their issues.

  9. #834
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    33
    a little statistics (as I just checked): Caro, Alena and Akiko is the oldest women's singles podium (sum of the ages of the top 3) since 1912!!!

  10. #835
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Weir had a quad-triple-double at one point, that's more than Even ever had in terms of quad combos.
    And when did Weir land it in a competition program

  11. #836
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    the young russians weren't that impressive this year, they could be worse next year who knows
    Oh, they were pretty impressive, alright! Tukt won 2 gps, won junior olys, and got 4th at gpf. Sot got two gp bronzes, was 1st at nationals, and 2nd at olys. Julia won EVERYTHING except for nationals and without falling once. Korobeynikova was 4th at Euros. Shelepen got some medals. Yes, we were hoping for more from Adelina, and Tukt messed up at gpf but we can't expect them to win everything their first senior year. They did a great job.

  12. #837
    Custom Title DianaSelene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by christinaskater View Post
    Akiko's LP! Most musical skater! Undermarked in the PCS. She deserves the silver medal for me for that inspired performance.

    But she has earned a Silver medal for the Free skate!
    She was SO BEAUTIFUL.

  13. #838
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,425
    Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    a little statistics (as I just checked): Caro, Alena and Akiko is the oldest women's singles podium (sum of the ages of the top 3) since 1912!!!
    And I think Akiko may be the oldest medalist ever?

  14. #839
    skating philosopher
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    7,425
    Tweet from Ashley:

    4th in the World?! Totally speechless, don't know what to say. Thank you 2 friends and family as well as my team who helped me get here!!!!
    She is so excited.

  15. #840
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,100
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Shouldn't a Ladies champion do the triple lutz though. The men are now doing quads again but the ladies champion will have won with watered down content. Champions should do the hard jumps to if they are true champions.
    How many ladies are really doing a 3Lz? Leonova didn't either...she did three flips

Page 56 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •