LADIES FREE Skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

LADIES FREE Skate

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Sonia's dress is beautiful, she looks great and skated lovely. Good for her.

Nadine

Record Breaker
yawn, I'm not bothering to watch, but good that she did great. :) Though I peep in every now & then to see Princess Caroline & Princess Alexandra. :love:

Nadine

Record Breaker
there seems a lot chemistry there when they smile at eachother

That's what I mean, Alissa's big starry eyes staring into Jason's (her own personal "horse whisperer"). :rofl:

And then during practice the way he looks at her. Reminds me of the way that Angelina used to look at Brad when they first got together.

Anyhow, Yuka better watch out! And that's all I have to say about that. Didn't mean to offend anyone. :eek::

This Finnish baby diva.Turkkila, is quite something. A couple of stumbles but "fall" is not in her vocabulary yet. Beautifully packaged too. I hope she continues to develop and stays healthy!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Juulia TURKKILA (FIN)

Music: Sheherazade by Nikolai Rimski-Korsakov

17th after SP

3T+2T
3S+2T
2Lo - 'tano
2A+2T+2T - stepout
FCSp
ChSp
3S - stepout
3T
2A
FCoSp
SlSt
CCoSp

Solid skate

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
My IN feed is acting up, keeps freezing. I can't tell if any jumps are being landed.

100yen

You can't explain witchcraft
Medalist
yawn, I'm not bothering to watch, but good that she did great. :) Though I peep in every now & then to see Princess Caroline & Princess Alexandra. :love:

Really lovely girls! :) I'm enjoying the camera shots, too.

EDIT: It looks like Elena Glebova dyed her hair to match her costume!

tulosai

Record Breaker
This Finnish baby diva.Turkkila, is quite something. A couple of stumbles but "fall" is not in her vocabulary yet. Beautifully packaged too. I hope she continues to develop.

Me too. There is a really lovely quality to her skating.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Juulia needs more range and dynamics in her movement. She stays very upright, with her limbs all closed in most of the time. It's not conducive to expressing oneself through dance.

Nadine

Record Breaker
My IN feed is acting up, keeps freezing. I can't tell if any jumps are being landed.

ditto, I'm having the same problem, but will only get upset if I miss Alissa's program.

Dang it, Alissa, come on, skate your heart out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SKATE YOUR HEART OUT, YOU CAN DO IT, DANG IT!!!!!!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elena GLEBOVA (EST)

Music: Spartacus by Aram Khachaturian

14th after SP

3Lz - "e"
3Lo
2A+3T
3S+2T+2T
LSp
SlSt
ChSp
2S+2T - close to the boards
2A
3T - hand down
FSSp
CCoSp

Last edited:
Good job by Glebova. Now there's a committed Spartacus program. Lori Nichols, hang your head.

ETA: Turkilla is older than I thought -- 17.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Glebova needs more commitment to the performance. The move where she mimed shooting an arrow looked more like a flick of a rubber band. But otherwise, really, very good for this stage of the comp.