Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast
Results 901 to 915 of 965

Thread: LADIES FREE Skate

  1. #901
    leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,580
    I didnt remember Carolina before Worlds 2005 but now I read it was her tenth worlds
    I went back and watched her lp from worlds 2005 with the amazing combo at the start and her 2a-3s, even flawed thats one of my fav combos.

  2. #902
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Michelle's coach had to take the 3T-3T out of her 1998 Olympics prpogram because Michelle was recovering from a broken foot. She substituted an eight jumping pass (allowed in those days) and still gave a seven triple performance. (3Lz+2T, 3Lo+half-loop+2T, 3F, 2A, 3Lo, 3S, 3Lz, 3T)

    In 2002 she attempted 3T+3T, but she two-footed the first jump and could only do a 2T after. (3Lo, 3T+2T, 3Lz+2Lo, 2A, 3F (fall), 3LS, 3Lz)

    In all she did 3T+3T successfully 11 times in major competition, including 5 times at the World Championships.




    Anyway, She didn't do 3T-3T in two olympics. Right?

    No ''would, could, should''



    Arakawa could execute 3-3, but she played safe in olympics.

    She didn't do 3-3 in Torino.


    Twenty years ago, Yamaguchi tried 3Lz-3T in olympic free..

    Yes, she Did, not ''would, could, should''




    If '''would, could, should'' possible , Plushenko would be 3 OGM now....
    Last edited by johnny 80; 04-01-2012 at 06:54 PM.

  3. #903
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4
    Thank you mathman for the nice welcome. Do you have any inside info about what happened to Alissa being that you are from Michigan?
    I don't understand why she didn't double her jumps or just withdraw? During the kiss and cry neither Jason nor Yuka were talking to Alissa. If I were a coach I would have been rapid firing questions as to what happened unless I already knew the problem.

  4. #904
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Akiko Suzuki won this World Championships, IMO. Her PCS should have been at the level of Kostner's (less on skating skills but higher on others) and she definitely beat Kostner on the jumps in the LP. It was lovely to see Kostner so well composed, though. Very happy for her too.
    Me too. She would have been at par in terms of PCS with Carolina in the SP. Her triple-triple was a cracker!

    In the LP she landed 6 triples, had the best transitions, command and musicality. She was not given the PCS she deserves. She deserved 8's in all PCS.

    This is Worlds in Europe after all and France is near Italy, so all Carolina fans trooped to watch her. Caro also deserves the gold for all her dedication and improvement through the years! This was meant for her. With Yu-Na and Miki out, surely it was Caro's title for the taking since the beginning of the season.

  5. #905
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 80
    Anyway, She didn't do 3T-3T in two olympics. Right?
    The post I was responding to is this one:

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 80
    She did not try 3-3 in two Olympics, played too safely.
    No, I don't think she played it safely. I think she went all out both times. Didn't work out for her, but that's skating.

    Do you have any inside info about what happened to Alissa being that you are from Michigan?

    I don't understand why she didn't double her jumps or just withdraw? During the kiss and cry neither Jason nor Yuka were talking to Alissa. If I were a coach I would have been rapid firing questions as to what happened unless I already knew the problem.
    No, I do not have any inside information. I am as baffled as anyone.

    About deliberately doubling her jumps or withdrawing, that's not Alissa's style. She always goes for everything she has planned and practiced for, no matter what. I assume that Alissa's coaches were as numb in the kiss and cry as we all were -- what was there to say?

    I have seen Alissa do some really fine programs in practice and in local shows and competitions, and I have seen her do some stinkeroos. Oh well. I like her, rain or shine.

  6. #906
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Who knows Akiko may win in the future and beat Maria's record.
    Akiko , Shizuka, Maria are all late bloomers of the sport!

  7. #907
    Custom Title christinaskater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia, Australia
    Posts
    1,467
    Michelle in the 1998 Olympics recently had an injury so she was not able to do the 3-3 .
    In the 2002 Olympics she also had an underlying injury-she just did not say it.

  8. #908
    :) aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,340
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny 80 View Post
    but Michelle had no 3T-3T.. Yuka neither..
    They got no 3T-3T even in free..

    Even Kostner and Leonova did 3T-3T in short.

    Last year Ando ,, no 3-3

    All podium members in this worlds got 3T-3T in LP this year..


    In COP era, Female athletes make many mistakes because they are trying difficult tricks such as 3Lz-3T,
    3F-3T, 3loop-3loop, 2A-3T etc.

    Since Yamaguch tried 3L-3T in 92 Olympics' Free, Only Few women has succeeded..

    ...
    Quote Originally Posted by johnny 80 View Post
    Anyway, She didn't do 3T-3T in two olympics. Right?

    ...

    If '''would, could, should'' possible , Plushenko would be 3 OGM now....

    So are you talking about Worlds or the Olympics?

    Because you started your argument with Worlds but ended it with the Olympics and I'm a little confused as how to respond. o___O

  9. #909
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    The post I was responding to is this one:



    Oh well. I like her, rain or shine.
    Mathman, you have made me come out of my lurker-dom to say---I completely agree with you.....

  10. #910
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by ayayukiituka View Post
    Besides,Japanese TV shows her nosebleed during Leonova's skate. Not sure it was a reason of her luck of fucus though.
    If she had a sudden nose bleed, it might have been due to her having taken pain killers, like aspirin.

    More I think about it, more nutty and admirable this seems. If Mao was injured and took painkillers simply to do put in a subpar performance, she must have done that to preserve Japan's third spot. And she risked further injury not for herself but for someone else because next year, she's not gonna be the third spot. She's gonna be the first spot.

    So I think that's just Mao all the way and I am left in disbelief yet again.
    Last edited by hurrah; 04-02-2012 at 01:42 AM.

  11. #911
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,101
    Welcome, susanf. Thanks for posting. Poster's who agree with me are always welcome around here! (They are so few and far between. )

  12. #912
    Custom Title dwiggin3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    765
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I wish it was more than salt!
    Moderators, you really should remove this person from posting. This goes beyond simply expressing ones opinion tastefully.

  13. #913
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    If she had a sudden nose bleed, it might have been due to her having taken pain killers, like aspirin.

    More I think about it, more nutty and admirable this seems. If Mao was injured and took painkillers simply to do put in a subpar performance, she must have done that to preserve Japan's third spot. And she risked further injury not for herself but for someone else because next year, she's not gonna be the third spot. She's gonna be the first spot.

    So I think that's just Mao all the way and I am left in disbelief yet again.
    I don't think Mao was injured . She said she has no idea what had happened to her. She said she still doesn't know what had happened to her when she was asked why on the next day. She said she was doing great while she was in Japan. She was nailing 3As. Everything started to go downhill when she arrived in Nice. I think she peaked too soon. She looked tired during her FS.

  14. #914
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    67
    A bit off topic...but I was sooooo disappointed in Amelie Lacoste's performance in both programmes. Her expression at the end of her long says it all. And no, I don't think Cynthia would have done much better...but really folks, what's up with Canadian ladies..I'm afraid once again Skate Canada will put all their eggs in one basket with the bronze medalist, Kaetlyn Osmond. She's has tons of talent, yes, but is far from a "star". Too much pressure can destroy a skater's mental strength. Just sayin'..any thoughts?

  15. #915
    Custom Title hurrah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by joy k.k View Post
    I don't think Mao was injured . She said she has no idea what had happened to her. She said she still doesn't know what had happened to her when she was asked why on the next day. She said she was doing great while she was in Japan. She was nailing 3As. Everything started to go downhill when she arrived in Nice. I think she peaked too soon. She looked tired during her FS.
    That she had peaked a bit too early might have occured, but there's Youtube video of her nailing her jumps solidly in the morning practice a day after the short. Also, if she wasn't injured, why would Shizu offer the comment that Mao 'seemed hesitant in a way that was not related to nerves'? (Shizu was basically saying that she thought Mao was not in her best shape not due to a mental but physical, i.e., injury problem.) Or what would account for the sudden nose bleed? It's not like she crashed into a wall. She was just sitting there and her nose just started to bleed. Also, Mao's now been replaced by Miki or Kanako to participate in World Team Trophy, which is kind of disappointing for me as I'd bought tickets to that event because they had announced that Mao would be participating, but it makes sense if she needs to recover from an injury.

    Mao keeping mums about injuries is nothing new. She never reveals her injuries, and they only come out years after the fact through her biographer or someone like that.

    But I'm guessing that it was something like a sprain. Otherwise, her Federation would never have risked it. They know that Mao's long term health is far more important than securing next year's third spot. And I'm sure they still felt ambivalent about putting Mao in any danger, and it must have been Mao who said that she would do it. I think they would have preferred for her to just stroke about the whole four and a half minutes, rather than attempting and succeeding three triples (flip, flutz and sal)!
    Last edited by hurrah; 04-02-2012 at 09:26 AM.

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •