Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairs free skate

Rinkside
    I doubt T/T can stay on the podium,if S/S and P/T skate relatively clean, they should hang on to their positions with V/T in third place. I do think S/H could manage to be in top 5 if they skate similar to their 4cc performance.

Guys, really, how hard is it to follow the guidelines. Especially the one where we DO NOT ATTACK FELLOW POSTERS!? Take your issues off the board.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    I hope T/T can hang on for a medal. They are way more interesting than P/T can ever hope to be. At their best, they are just so much better than P/T, B/L, D/C, S/H, D/R. I think they're even more interesting than K/S and V/T. S/S are better skaters, and have some interesting programs over the year, but She S looks wild and tacky and cheap vs. how polished T/T are.
    gees, you are a fan of T/T does not mean that you have to downplay P/T in every post. P/T will not disappear because of your bad mouth.

Custom Title
    For Narumi T and Mervin T, it's only their second year on senior circuit.
    Great job done. I am happy for them getting their very first small medal in the Championships.

We all agree that their technical level is nowhere near other top teams yet.
    But, please do not get too hard on Narumi and Mervin.

Their programs this season appear polished and well-choreographed, look lovely together with better unison. While Narumi is still tiny, they look very 'senior' now, and they must have worked so hard coming to this Worlds, especially Narumi on her jumps, I suppose.

Now they face the fact they have to skate last in the Free, too nerve-recking (a pimp spot, do you say?), I doubt they could have even got to sleep last night...

A podium finish is not likely to happen, but here is my hoping for Narumi and Mervin:
    You should feel proud of yourselves to get to skate in the final flight of the Worlds for the first time, enjoy skating in front of huge audience with lots of cheers for you, do not be afraid of making mistakes and go all for it!

For Pairs free skate later today, here is my hoping:
    No more wierd falls, skating god, PLEASE.
    Fair judging, judges, PLEASE.
    My very best wishes for all the teams, and may the best team win!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    Great job done. I am happy for them getting their very first small medal in the Championships.

Their programs this season appear polished and well-choreographed, look lovely together with better unison. While Narumi is still tiny, they look very 'senior' now, and they must have worked so hard coming to this Worlds, especially Narumi on her jumps, I suppose.

Now they face the fact they have to skate last in the Free, too nerve-recking (a pimp spot, do you say?), I doubt they could have even got to sleep last night...

A podium finish is not likely to happen, but here is my hoping for Narumi and Mervin:
    You should feel proud of yourselves to get to skate in the final flight of the Worlds for the first time, enjoy skating in front of huge audience with lots of cheers for you, do not be afraid of making mistakes and go all for it!

Agree.
    It's splendid achievement to have finished SP without a mistake for them.
    I'm surprised and impressed with even it.
    But, of course I'm glad if Narumi & Marvin get any medal in FP too.

After seeing more falls in both parts of the Dance event than I have in Dance over a five year period, all I want is for everyone to get through the LP's tomorrow safe and sound!!

Custom Title
    cool down ...

everything is sooooooooooooooo close.....

i think if u take risks (D/R 3Lutz, S/S 3ATh, B/L 3FTh) u can make some mistakes or falls... they re still valueable...

my dream podium

1. S/S
    2. D/R
    3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
    2. V/T
    3. P/T

chinese + russian fed would have 3 spots for next worlds
    germany with H/W (15th) and V/vC (16th) i don t think so.... can u help me?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigger View Post
    After seeing more falls in both parts of the Dance event than I have in Dance over a five year period, all I want is for everyone to get through the LP's tomorrow safe and sound!!
    So many falls in pairs and dance.....Is it because of the bad ice or are the skaters encouraged to skate a program more difficult than they can perform with consistency?

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post

Couldn't agree with you more--it makes the viewing of the competition so much more enjoyable if there are few falls and other errors (and no inexplicable scores).

I'm just pulling for T/T since Mervin was born in my hometown, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. LOL

Good luck to all the Pairs teams today!!

Rinkside

Question

Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    cool down ...

i think if u take risks (D/R 3Lutz, S/S 3ATh, B/L 3FTh) u can make some mistakes or falls... they re still valueable...

my dream podium

1. S/S
    2. D/R
    3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
    2. V/T
    3. P/T

I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their entries wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?

Quote Originally Posted by diane044 View Post
    I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their competitors wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?
    You are correct, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Whippet Good!
    I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their entries wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?
    Only if they're the sole entry. It does matter how the rest of the team places. Canada lost a men's spot last year even though Chan won gold.

Medalist
    Nope - to get 3 spots, with 2 skaters at this championships, their total must be 13 or less (so 8th and 5th or 1st and 12th or...). If you have one skater only and they finish top 2 or 3 (can't remember - haven't used this one in a while!), then that country could send 3 the next year!

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    cool down ...

my dream podium

1. S/S
    2. D/R
    3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
    2. V/T
    3. P/T

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dream podium, but I agree that your second podium is more realistic but what about B/L? They're in 4th now and could easily move up.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbyskates View Post
    Nope - to get 3 spots, with 2 skaters at this championships, their total must be 13 or less (so 8th and 5th or 1st and 12th or...). If you have one skater only and they finish top 2 or 3 (can't remember - haven't used this one in a while!), then that country could send 3 the next year!
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'll remember it for the rest of the competition but will probably have forgotten it by next year--it's so complicated!! I'll just have to write it down, I guess.

Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast