Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Pairs free skate

glad sui/han were scored correctly, they are so young need more time to fix stuff

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    STanding "O" why? Because of a successful trick. S/H are quite good, but still need time IMO to develop maturity to go along with their tricks.
    Let others do the same tricks then.

People appreciate what they appreciate and it's up to them.

Custom Title
    Some comments about pairs. I do like the Italians B and H but they aren't at the top tier maybe in the bottom of second tier. Very sad about K and S missing the lift they would have been in the top 5 with the lift. Russia could be out a team next year or down to two if B and L can't hold up and V and T don't move up enough. Well let me rephrase that the worst scenario is that Russia ends up 7, 8th and 9th. So they need to move up essentially two spots (someone needs to be in fifth at least) B and L from Russia are in 4th and Russia's third team; they have limited tricks; fortunately Japan is in third and are wildly inconsistent. V and T if they skate well could win bronze. Its a slim possibility but P and T could crash and burn as they haven't skated a fs in a long time in a major competition but we'll see. The Germans look deeply in trouble actually I think 3 spots are already gone short of a drug scandal.

Dube did have a great partner in Bryce Davison. IN 2008 they won bronze at world's. They were dating and their personal relationship effected their skating when they broke up. They never were the same; Bryce was deeply hurt. THen Bryce got badly injured and that finished them off essentially. She tried to skate on her own but doesn't have the jumps.

M and B brought it ; good for them real big score so US is looking good maybe even 3 teams - probably not because they needed to beat D and R from Canada probably and that won't happen with DandR's skate. M and B are develoing along nicely.

D and R - what in the world. They are not skating singles so why switch from 3Lutz in the short to triple flip. They need to find two triple jumps they can land consistently and stick with them not play around. Unless they were singles skaters and really what lady is consistent with the lutz and or flip (triple) other than maybe Mao for the flip (but no lutz) and perhaps some of the japanese but those are singles skaters.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Of course, and I TOTALLY agree, but the tricks are impressive nonetheless. I'd have stood too.
    They've had a great season, no argument. Will be interesting to see how they continue to develop. I wonder what it is like to be 13/ 14 and skate like that with that singular focus and mindset honed by the impressive Chinese figure skating federation. Bravo, Bin Yao!

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Music: Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini

7th after SP

3FTw - nice height
    3LoTh
    3T
    2A+2A+SEQ - she singles first?
    FCCoSp - ok unison
    PCoSp
    Li
    3FTh - holds on
    BoDs - not very low
    Li
    ChSp - his leg i barely above hip level
    Li - I hate this lift, not pretty

Custom Title
    D/C nessun dorma by the e-guitar.....mmmmhhhhhhh... i don t like it ... but very good elements...

that brought tears to my eyes. SO beautiful! they did amazing! caydee is such an artist.

Strong from D/C. Last lift is truly hideous I desperately wish they would change it. Not their best but very solid. Good for them.

Medalist
    The positions on that last lift are not attractive.

On the Ice
    As far as I know, Sui/Han and all Chinese junior skaters are coached by Luan Bo.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    I think Caydee and John need to rethink the way they intro... lol it's just too much
    Most hilarious and overly dramatic entrance ever. By her, he just looks kinda confused by what she's doing lol.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Very solid apart from her singled jump, but not magical at all.

Halter tops should be banned from skating. I've only ever seen one good one, and it was stunning -- Miki Ando's from her first World-gold-winning FS (the dark red one). No one else looks good in it.

And the Americans get low-balled again. ***!

go trankov!!!

Custom Title
    Sui and Han didn't do so hot today for them; so much for the huge leap (I thought they were T and T - bronze threats). Enough though for China to easily get three teams next year. K and S now have moved up three spots at least. Russia is looking good to hold on to 3 spots barring diasaster by both remaining teams.

Custom Title
    D/C is so trashy looking...I really like S/H. Their artistry is there, and at least better than D/C. Nobody ever complains about juniorish ladies routines (or at least it isn't that huge of a problem) but somehow pairs is about maturity? Give me a break.

Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast