Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast

Thread: Pairs free skate

Custom Title
    Oh my god! I'm so thrilled for Narumi and Mervin! Exquisite pair!

Banned
    T/T podiumed !!!
    good for them, first japanese pair to medal at worlds pair ?

Custom Title
    I don't think anyone, not even T/T, expected them to actually medal.

On the Ice
    3rd place for T/T!!! Yay! And Narumi's so cute. How can she be so refined on the ice and have that kid-like reaction afterwards?

Custom Title
    so exciting.....they are both so cute but her reaction is priceless! loved it! Way to bring it when it counts!

M/T should get a special prize for a beautiful LP that they nailed when it really counted....many, they almost came back all the way to first....so close. Personally, I think with the SP, S/S deserved to win, however, hands down M/T 'killed' the LP and really are likely to be on top next year and thereafter. Congrats to ahem today and all the skaters!

Custom Title
    I think so (that they are the first Japanese pair to podium at world)!

Has someone record their reaction, I can't wait for replay.

Thrilled for Takahasi/Tran!!!! Loved them in the K&C.

Congrats to Aliona and Robin for their 3rd World title (it is 3 right)

Custom Title
    It's actually S/S's fourth world title.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thrilled for Takahasi/Tran!!!! Loved them in the K&C.

Congrats to Aliona and Robin for their 3rd World title (it is 3 right)
    4th honey

Custom Title
    I wonder if this might push Tran to give up citizenship? Such a hard decision. First pairs medal for the country should give these two a huge career boost in figure skating crazy Japan.

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I think she was just joking around. I also did not think it was toward the judges but more like ka-pow we did it.
    I agree it was a shot up in the air, which is a sign of celebration

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking it was more like we shot down our nerves. We won the battle and triumphed!
    I think they knew who the favorites were even before the competition began.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    I really, really hope this convinces the Japanese federation and media to invest and promote pairs more. With so many (too many) strong single skaters in the country, it's ripe for some good pairs to develop.

Custom Title
    I don't disagree with it being close between V/T and S/S in the fp, but it wasn't according to the judges. Yes, S/S showed nerves but they overcame nerves to hit everything and that is a difficult program. V/T do classic style/ performance with panache, but are not the second coming, or are they? I like V/T and S/S, but don't like the way S/S were so low-balled for this performance/ boundary-pushing program despite hitting everything. Their IN, SS, PCS, and most definitely their CH should have been scored higher. Truthfully IMO, V/T were slightly over-scored to make sure they pulled up to challenge S/S.

The judges are likely just as surprised S/S won by .11 -- S/S keep upping the ante and don't rest on their laurels; other pairs learn from watching them, and emulate some of their moves and technique, but still the Russians are boss, which tells us that S/S hope for a gold Olympic medal appears to be dashed again, especially in Sochi, Russia -- and it's still 2 years away. Of course S/S age is also going against them for two years out.

Happy for Mervin and Narumi! Great competition for them. They finally show what they can do and triumph over their young rivals, S/H.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    so exciting.....they are both so cute but her reaction is priceless! loved it! Way to bring it when it counts!

M/T should get a special prize for a beautiful LP that they nailed when it really counted....many, they almost came back all the way to first....so close. Personally, I think with the SP, S/S deserved to win, however, hands down M/T 'killed' the LP and really are likely to be on top next year and thereafter. Congrats to ahem today and all the skaters!
    It's V/T now! M/T was Maxim's old partner..

But I'm so happy for T/T!!

Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 LastLast