Pairs free skate | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Pairs free skate

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stefania BERTON / Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA)

Music: Adagio in G minor for Organ and Strings by Tomaso Albinoni and Remo Giazotto

9th after SP

3T+2T+2T - very nice start
3FTw - very low, shaky landing
Li
ChSp
3S - she doubles
CCoSp - good unison
Li
2STh - should have been triple
PCoSp
3LoTh - ok, a bit forward on landing
Li - a bit unsteady
BoDs

B&H -- such a beautiful team, but her jumps were off today. And she could use a little more gynecological coverage. Technical q: if she doesn't rotate her throw jump, can it be his fault as well? People always seem to talk about throw jump issues as the ladies' mistake.

tulosai

Record Breaker
B&H -- such a beautiful team, but her jumps were off today. And she could use a little more gynecological coverage. Technical q: if she doesn't rotate her throw jump, can it be his fault as well? People always seem to talk about throw jump issues as the ladies' mistake.

Haha it is true about the gynecological coverage.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I adore Berton/Hotarek and Universal Sports better televise their performance or I'll be one unhappy camper! :mad:

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
GO MARY BETH & ROCKNE! Please skate your best and make the push to be the #1 US team here in the overall standings!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Mary Beth MARLEY / Rockne BRUBAKER (USA)

Music: Piano Concerto No. 2 in C Minor by Sergei Rachmaninov

10th after SP

3T+2T - good start
3FTw - a bit low catch
2A - she falls
CCoSp - off unison
BoDs
3FTh - nice
Li
ChSp
Li - nice, on one foot
Li
3STh - twofooted
PCoSp

Not too bad, a couple of mistakes

tulosai

Record Breaker
That whole skate was so frantic. I was worried for them during parts. Overall not bad. She really fought for the last throw jump. Unfortunate mistake on the 2A. I DO think MB has come a long way in her interpretation of the first part; though maybe they were just really that frantic it was hard to tell.

paircheck

Final Flight
mmhhhh

Rachmaninov for a 16 year old constantly smiling girl... what a bad choice of music....

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh dear, how does Mary Beth, who has a singles background, miss the 2Axel? She's going to be kicking herself for that big time!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Oh dear, how does Mary Beth who has a singles background, miss the 2Axel; she's going to be kicking herself for that big time!

It's not the first time this year :( I think Rockne missed it during US nationals actually.

I like MBM's position in the DS. Usually that type just looks like a mistake, in the same way as Yu Na's broken leg camel, a spin I loathe except in very rare cases.

Lots of mistakes but a lovable team.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Merry Bath and Rockne were off. Very shaky lifts at the end on Rockne's part, then there's the fall on the SBS 2a, the SBS spins that were way off, and the two-foot on the throw 3sal. Nothing too costly on their own, but it all adds up.

tulosai

Record Breaker
AW MB looks so happy with the score/placement. It is very easy to like her.