Pairs free skate | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Pairs free skate

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
STanding "O" why? Because of a successful trick. S/H are quite good, but still need time IMO to develop maturity to go along with their tricks.

Let others do the same tricks then.

People appreciate what they appreciate and it's up to them.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Some comments about pairs. I do like the Italians B and H but they aren't at the top tier maybe in the bottom of second tier. Very sad about K and S missing the lift they would have been in the top 5 with the lift. Russia could be out a team next year or down to two if B and L can't hold up and V and T don't move up enough. Well let me rephrase that the worst scenario is that Russia ends up 7, 8th and 9th. So they need to move up essentially two spots (someone needs to be in fifth at least) B and L from Russia are in 4th and Russia's third team; they have limited tricks; fortunately Japan is in third and are wildly inconsistent. V and T if they skate well could win bronze. Its a slim possibility but P and T could crash and burn as they haven't skated a fs in a long time in a major competition but we'll see. The Germans look deeply in trouble actually I think 3 spots are already gone short of a drug scandal.

Dube did have a great partner in Bryce Davison. IN 2008 they won bronze at world's. They were dating and their personal relationship effected their skating when they broke up. They never were the same; Bryce was deeply hurt. THen Bryce got badly injured and that finished them off essentially. She tried to skate on her own but doesn't have the jumps.

M and B brought it ; good for them real big score so US is looking good maybe even 3 teams - probably not because they needed to beat D and R from Canada probably and that won't happen with DandR's skate. M and B are develoing along nicely.

D and R - what in the world. They are not skating singles so why switch from 3Lutz in the short to triple flip. They need to find two triple jumps they can land consistently and stick with them not play around. Unless they were singles skaters and really what lady is consistent with the lutz and or flip (triple) other than maybe Mao for the flip (but no lutz) and perhaps some of the japanese but those are singles skaters.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Of course, and I TOTALLY agree, but the tricks are impressive nonetheless. I'd have stood too.

They've had a great season, no argument. Will be interesting to see how they continue to develop. I wonder what it is like to be 13/ 14 and skate like that with that singular focus and mindset honed by the impressive Chinese figure skating federation. Bravo, Bin Yao!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Caydee DENNEY / John COUGHLIN (USA)

Music: Nessun Dorma by Giacomo Puccini

7th after SP

3FTw - nice height
3LoTh
3T
2A+2A+SEQ - she singles first?
FCCoSp - ok unison
PCoSp
Li
3FTh - holds on
BoDs - not very low
Li
ChSp - his leg i barely above hip level
Li - I hate this lift, not pretty

paircheck

Final Flight
D/C nessun dorma by the e-guitar.....mmmmhhhhhhh... i don t like it ... but very good elements...

macy

Record Breaker
that brought tears to my eyes. SO beautiful! they did amazing! caydee is such an artist.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Strong from D/C. Last lift is truly hideous I desperately wish they would change it. Not their best but very solid. Good for them.

Very solid apart from her singled jump, but not magical at all.

Halter tops should be banned from skating. I've only ever seen one good one, and it was stunning -- Miki Ando's from her first World-gold-winning FS (the dark red one). No one else looks good in it.

And the Americans get low-balled again. ***!

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Sui and Han didn't do so hot today for them; so much for the huge leap (I thought they were T and T - bronze threats). Enough though for China to easily get three teams next year. K and S now have moved up three spots at least. Russia is looking good to hold on to 3 spots barring diasaster by both remaining teams.

noidont

Final Flight
D/C is so trashy looking...I really like S/H. Their artistry is there, and at least better than D/C. Nobody ever complains about juniorish ladies routines (or at least it isn't that huge of a problem) but somehow pairs is about maturity? Give me a break.

emma

Record Breaker
I must confess that I love S/H...yes, tons to work on, like unison, but they not only have big tricks and obviously great stamina, I think they have really pizzazz, a really flair, charisma....

I thought D/C skated realy great - amazing how well they skate together and how much she has improved or refined in such a short time.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I'm actually stunned that D/C scored as well as they did. I guess the judges see a lot in them that I don't.

CassAgain

On the Ice
I thought D/C might be scored higher, but if the lower scores motivate them to work on positions and refinement, it would be very good for them.