Pairs free skate | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Pairs free skate

Tigger

Final Flight
After seeing more falls in both parts of the Dance event than I have in Dance over a five year period, all I want is for everyone to get through the LP's tomorrow safe and sound!!

paircheck

Final Flight
cool down ...

everything is sooooooooooooooo close.....

i think if u take risks (D/R 3Lutz, S/S 3ATh, B/L 3FTh) u can make some mistakes or falls... they re still valueable...

my dream podium

1. S/S
2. D/R
3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
2. V/T
3. P/T

chinese + russian fed would have 3 spots for next worlds
germany with H/W (15th) and V/vC (16th) i don t think so.... can u help me?

skatinginbc

Medalist
After seeing more falls in both parts of the Dance event than I have in Dance over a five year period, all I want is for everyone to get through the LP's tomorrow safe and sound!!
So many falls in pairs and dance.....Is it because of the bad ice or are the skaters encouraged to skate a program more difficult than they can perform with consistency?

diane044

Rinkside
For Narumi T and Mervin T, it's only their second year on senior circuit.
Great job done. I am happy for them getting their very first small medal in the Championships.

We all agree that their technical level is nowhere near other top teams yet.
But, please do not get too hard on Narumi and Mervin.

Their programs this season appear polished and well-choreographed, look lovely together with better unison. While Narumi is still tiny, they look very 'senior' now, and they must have worked so hard coming to this Worlds, especially Narumi on her jumps, I suppose.

Now they face the fact they have to skate last in the Free, too nerve-recking (a pimp spot, do you say?), I doubt they could have even got to sleep last night...

A podium finish is not likely to happen, but here is my hoping for Narumi and Mervin:
You should feel proud of yourselves to get to skate in the final flight of the Worlds for the first time, enjoy skating in front of huge audience with lots of cheers for you, do not be afraid of making mistakes and go all for it!

For Pairs free skate later today, here is my hoping:
No more wierd falls, skating god, PLEASE.
Fair judging, judges, PLEASE.
My very best wishes for all the teams, and may the best team win!

Couldn't agree with you more--it makes the viewing of the competition so much more enjoyable if there are few falls and other errors (and no inexplicable scores).

I'm just pulling for T/T since Mervin was born in my hometown, Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada. LOL

Good luck to all the Pairs teams today!!

diane044

Rinkside
cool down ...

i think if u take risks (D/R 3Lutz, S/S 3ATh, B/L 3FTh) u can make some mistakes or falls... they re still valueable...

my dream podium

1. S/S
2. D/R
3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
2. V/T
3. P/T

I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their entries wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?

tulosai

Record Breaker
I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their competitors wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?

You are correct, at least to the best of my knowledge.

Tesla

Final Flight
I could easily be wrong, but don't the countries get 3 spots if one of their entries wins first or second? Does it matter how the rest of their team places?

Only if they're the sole entry. It does matter how the rest of the team places. Canada lost a men's spot last year even though Chan won gold.

thumbyskates

Rinkside

Nope - to get 3 spots, with 2 skaters at this championships, their total must be 13 or less (so 8th and 5th or 1st and 12th or...). If you have one skater only and they finish top 2 or 3 (can't remember - haven't used this one in a while!), then that country could send 3 the next year!

diane044

Rinkside
cool down ...

my dream podium

1. S/S
2. D/R
3. T/T

realistic podium

1. S/S
2. V/T
3. P/T

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dream podium, but I agree that your second podium is more realistic but what about B/L? They're in 4th now and could easily move up.

diane044

Rinkside
Nope - to get 3 spots, with 2 skaters at this championships, their total must be 13 or less (so 8th and 5th or 1st and 12th or...). If you have one skater only and they finish top 2 or 3 (can't remember - haven't used this one in a while!), then that country could send 3 the next year!

Thanks for clearing that up. I'll remember it for the rest of the competition but will probably have forgotten it by next year--it's so complicated!! I'll just have to write it down, I guess.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker

Which is crazy that T/T is in medal contention. Because basically they will have two extra spots that Japan won't be able to use...unless there are teams out there I don't know about...

paircheck

Final Flight

mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh

but germany has 3 spots, not 2!!!!

S/S (1st)
H/W (15th)
V/vC (16th)

i think my question isn t answered yet... sorry...

paircheck

Final Flight
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your dream podium, but I agree that your second podium is more realistic but what about B/L? They're in 4th now and could easily move up.

cross your fingers for.. OUR... dream podium

B/L have superb pair elements (fighting with V/T for the best 3LTw in competition) but their programms are ... sorry ... bloodless and boring....

Tesla

Final Flight
mmmmmmmmmmmhhhhhhhhhhh

but germany has 3 spots, not 2!!!!

S/S (1st)
H/W (15th)
V/vC (16th)

i think my question isn t answered yet... sorry...

If S/S stay 1st and either H/W or V/vC doesn't move up to 12th, then Germany will lose a spot and only have 2 pairs for next year.