Pairs free skate | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Pairs free skate

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Without the lift mistake, they would have score over 130 (maybe get a SB)
Looks like they will be Russia #3. A shame because B/L are the worst. They are so lifeless that I always fast-forward all of their programs.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
From the angle shown Jessica was thrown like a sack of potatoes and fell like one.

So now she has fallen 3 times already. Does Canada has to worry about the number of entries for next year?

It's getting scary with their late lift.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jessica DUBE / Sebastien WOLFE (CAN)

Music: Sense of Doubt from "Heroes" by Philipp Glass
Neuköln from "Heroes" by Philipp Glass
VS Schneider from "Heroes" by Philipp Glass

12th after SP

3FTw
3S - she falls
Li
2A+2A+SEQ - clean
BiDs
FCCoSp - ok unison, a bit off in the end
3LoTh - hard fall
ChSp
3LzTh - fall again
Li
Li
PCoSp

3 falls, not their day

What was the good Lord thinking when he created pairs girls? They are insane! Jessica Dube just got hurled into the ice on her butt twice and came up smiling.

You gotta admit this girl is a trooper.

tulosai

Record Breaker
From the angle shown Jessica was thrown like a sack of potatoes and fell like one.

So now she has fallen 3 times already. Does Canada has to worry about the number of entries for next year?

No I'd say their two entries are safe. Their hopes of 3 are gone, but those were slim anyway.

paircheck

Final Flight

D/R have to save everything... uuoooohhhh canadaaaaaa

Bue

Rinkside
The Eurosport guys are total ninnies. They didn't even notice that K/S missed an entire lift. They are trying to figure out the score right now! Really, these guys should not be able to commentate on figure skating.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Considering [K/S] errors, that score was generous. They've received generous LP scores all year, but it helps that they rotate their elements while the Italians popped a throw.

I disagree, I thought the score was fair. Outside of the two mistakes, K/S's performance was exceptional. Superior quality on every element. It'd be a 130-140 program without the errors, so 122 is about right.

Ouch, Cougar and Wolfe (she's older than him, a shocking rarity in pairs) melted down. Endangered animals.

tulosai

Record Breaker
The Eurosport guys are total ninnies. They didn't even notice that K/S missed an entire lift. They are trying to figure out the score right now! Really, these guys should not be able to commentate on figure skating.

I actually think that is hilarious :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
WOW Jess looks upset. She dramatically dropped her flowers and everything.

ETA: Sorry about all the double posts. I will try to tone it down. I'm just really excited.

emma

Record Breaker
Just got home and am finally watching worlds (have missed all of it so far...); caught K/S LP - what a gorgeous LP, truly divine right down to the costumes. It surprised me when she stepped out of the axel....then that lift was too weird...for a second, I was afraid something was wrong with one of them (as in seriously hurt or something)...but they finished strong. Too bad it wasn't perfect, but good effort - can't be easy to bounce back from what must have been a dreadful SP!

Bue

Rinkside
I actually think that is hilarious :)

It is, actually. I love them for the pure entertainment value. They actually thought the random skating around trying to get back into the program was choreography.