Pairs free skate | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Pairs free skate

tulosai

Record Breaker
I like MBM's position in the DS. Usually that type just looks like a mistake, in the same way as Yu Na's broken leg camel, a spin I loathe except in very rare cases.

Lots of mistakes but a lovable team.

yes, I also liked the DS :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
what=?????

M/B better than B/H????:bang:

Their tech content I think in the end was much higher even with the fall. B/H doubled two jumps and I don't think their lifts were level 4 but I will need to see the protocols.

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
That skate from Mary Beth and Rockne will pretty much solidify their hopes of a top 10 placement as they had a pretty substantial lead over Dube/Wolfe after the SP. Good for them!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Yuko KAVAGUTI / Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS)

Music: Claire de Lune by Claude Debussy

11th after SP

3T - nice
3FTw - crashy (as usual)
3STh
BiDs - nice and low
FCCoSp - good unison
ChSp
2A+2A+SEQ - she twofoots last jump
3LoTh - nice
Li - aborts lift before she gets up, what was wrong?
Li
Li - difficult on one leg
PCoSp

They should be able to move up, but that lift mistake will cost them...

tulosai

Record Breaker
One of my favorite free skates of all times even with the mistakes. SUCH a lovely program.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Merry Bath and Cockney actually had a very robust score, which I actually don't disagree with given the difficulty of their program, which had lots of little nice touches (I particularly like the side by side Russian splits) and was reasonably well performed.

Kavaguti and Smirnoff were mounting an epic comeback, until she stepped out of the second 2a and then... the botched lift. That's going to cost points. But everything else very good.

gold12345

Medalist
Merry Bath and Cockney actually had a very robust score, which I actually don't disagree with given the difficulty of their program, which had lots of little nice touches (I particularly like the side by side Russian splits) and was reasonably well performed.

Kavaguti and Smirnoff were mounting an epic comeback, until she stepped out of the second 2a and then... the botched lift. That's going to cost points. But everything else very good.

Cockney! lol, I love it. Considering their errors, that score was generous. They've received generous LP scores all year, but it helps that they rotate their elements while the Italians popped a throw.