Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    Spain has two spots. As long as Fernandez stays within the top 12, the second skater doesn't count.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Yes, but Chan's PCS skills are waayy over-rated. Sorry, that's JMO. Quads I don't care. I just don't care. Daisuke was not rewarded for his superior artistic skills, and he put out enough technical expertise to have been rewarded more. A lot of judges and ubers, and even neutral fans seem to be rating Chan in the same league with Dai artistically. That is simply not true. My stating it over and over has nothing to do with trying to keep it from being true. It just is hands-down, in my estimation very obvious that Daii is at the top of his game artistically, while Chan is NOT!
    Seriously, and it isn't only about the pcs. Chan DID NOT HAVE higher difficulty. In fact, Chan's difficulty was almost SIX POINTS LOWER than Takahashi's (and they downgraded dai's 3F). This is such a joke. And I'm happy the french crow tried to do something about it, even if they don't know the numbers, they simply know how crazy was the fact that Patrick's won the FS over a skater who performed so brilliantly in every way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by coolboogie22 View Post
    I'm so happy that Canada have 3 spots next year Congratulation to Patrick and Kevin, both of them did a great job.
    Canada has 3 spots? Talk about a country that doesn't have the skaters to fill them. After Chan it's a big falloff.
    Last edited by Jammers; 03-31-2012 at 10:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by carignan View Post
    Figure skating died tonight??
    If figure skating died with all the great skating today, then I really have no clue what the word "died" means.

Custom Title
    I think, with a majority vote, most people would give at least PE and IN no doubt to Daisuke. And yet, the judges are consistentgiving them to PChan, as if he truly is in another league, which he isn't. There must be a reason for that. Such unexplainable things don't happen without a reason. Either politics, or judge circle favoritism (as in between Dai and Patrick, coz I think other people's PCS were more or less correct on today), there's someting going on we don't know about.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by carignan View Post
    Figure skating died tonight??
    Chan is so great that he can miss an element and still get the highest score in PE. What a wonderful world.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Canada has 3 spots? Talk about a country that doesn't the skaters to fill them. After Chan it's a big falloff.
    So what? I'd watch Jeremy Ten's beautiful skating without jumps in full appreciation of its beauty any day of any week.

Banned
    I thought Reynolds was underscored in both programs he is now a top 10 skater in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFigures View Post
    If figure skating died with all the great skating today, then I really have no clue what the word "died" means.
    I agree with the poster who said skating survived tonight. Chan was sent the message loud and clear that he cannot rest easy at the top. If Hanyu continues on this path, he is on the rise to knocking Patrick off the top pedestal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by NMURA View Post
    Spain has two spots. As long as Fernandez stays within the top 12, the second skater doesn't count.
    That's great to know. I don't want Fernandez to blame himself for losing one spot for Spain.

Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    And the problem too is the judges aren't even consistent. Look at Contesti's higher PCS than Denis Ten. Or how Kozuka's PCS drop big time (and many say Kozuka's basics are probably the closest to Chan). The judges aren't even consistent.
    This may be an unpopular view, but I find Kozuka's basics to be right up there with Chan's.

Anyway, I think Koz's PCS also show that if you skate in the earlier group, your PCS marks are automatically going to be lower than those skating in later groups. That's why we have skaters with low technical content - but stunning basics for example - recieving SS marks that say the opposite because they can never get into later groups in competition. How can judges be consistent if this is how things roll?

That being said, Takahiko's PCS scores have always been contradicting, and more often than not, too low for what he puts out there, IMO. I just don't get it. Is it just my bias kicking in?

Quote Originally Posted by periperi View Post
    This may be an unpopular view, but I find Kozuka's basics to be right up there with Chan's.

Anyway, I think Koz's PCS also show that if you skate in the earlier group, your PCS marks are automatically going to be lower than those skating in later groups. That's why we have skaters with low technical content - but stunning basics for example - recieving SS marks that say the opposite because they can never get into later groups in competition. How can judges be consistent if this is how things roll?

That being said, Takahiko's PCS scores have always been contradicting, and more often than not, too low for what he puts out there, IMO. I just don't get it. Is it just my bias kicking in?
    It's not an unpopular view at all. I find Kozuka superior over Chan in PCS. It's really a shame that he couldn't get the job done technically here because he is sheer brilliance when all the pieces of the puzzle come together beautifully.

Custom Title
    At least Chan didn't win by an ridiculous amount of points today. 7 points is not a dominating win and a 3 point win in the LP shows he's not invincible.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Grand Prix Final 2.0!

I think the overall outcome should have been very close here between Patrick and Daisuke... I'm fine with Chan winning, but if Dai would have gotten the gold - fine too.
    But just as in the GPF, Chan shouldn't have won the FS. Should have been Takahashi, and then Chan and Hanyu (don't care so much about the order). Takahashi's PCS are a bad joke, a bad, bad, bad, baaaaaaaad joke - and he looked so disappointed to me. Hope this isn't duscouraging him or something :/

The booing was just unfair, but I have to admit I can understand it perfectly. I feel so sorry for Chan, because he doesn't deserve it, but the judges actually do.
    What is the ISU doing there...? :/

Glad baby Yuzu is there to lift my spirits up - his smile during the medal ceremony - cutest thing in the world!!<3

Custom Title
    I like Chan's response when asked about 2013 and the Olympics. He said 2013 may be better or worse, but the most important thing is to keep the passion.

Page 51 of 85 FirstFirst ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... LastLast