Men Free Skates | Page 27 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

evangeline

Record Breaker
I am a little disappointed with Dai's PCS. I just think for this brilliant program, jumps out of nowhere, part of the music, the jumps actually go with the music, all of Dai goes with the music - for this performance, that was very stable, no typical Dai-saves all around - I'd have given >90 PCS. How else do you encourage programs that are so well choreographed, that are one with the music? And that are performed exceptionally.

Yeah, me too. I love Hanyu, but I felt Daisuke deserved MUCH more than 2 extra points ahead of Hanyu. I think they may be saving the PCS for someone else....

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think Dai is assured a silver at least now.....what a great skate from him, my hands are still shaking hard!!!! I think the quad was either a little underrotated or slightly two footed and as awesome as he was I think either he didn't just go all out in the straight line step toward the end or watered it down a little - will be interesting to see the protoocols. Regardless his is such a champ and such a skater and such an artist. Love his hair cut and costume too!

Yeah, Dai will definitely need to work on his TES if he wants to beat Patrick. But still, if Patrick trumps both him and Yuzuru, he will still have the 3rd highest TES for the night...so nothing to be ashamed of!

But yeah, I love his style and will enjoy his skates regardless of how he places. :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I wouldn't necessarily predict that Chan has this one in the bag. Remember, he only had like a 4 point lead over Takahashi in the SP, so he still has to skate REALLY WELL to win this again.

emma

Record Breaker
Technical score was fair, but only 85.78 in PCS for that program?!

Yeah....I can see the tech, but I'm confused about the PCS....still shaking and trying to watch Michal, so will have to think about this later. Regardless, though, what a moment for Dai and us!!!!

lavender

Record Breaker
Dai behind Hanyu in the long??? I miss Hanyu's skate so I don't know what he did but I know Dai's pcs should be higher than that over Hanyu imo.

Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if this is Abbott's last competition. I'm actually preparing myself for it. He keeps saying he couldn't have prepared better for it and with the outcome, he has to feel lost and bewildered. "What more could I have done?" and sheer frustration are the vibes I am getting from him.

I agree.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Phil Hersh's twit:
Replay shows Daisuke may have 2 footed quad. Lot of ice flying.
And I assume that comes with a mandatory PCS deduction??

Nope, the judges weren't generous in PCS-department here. This little figure skating fan is not a happy camper.

Becki

Medalist
Yeah, Dai will definitely need to work on his TES if he wants to beat Patrick. But still, if Patrick trumps both him and Yuzuru, he will still have the 3rd highest TES for the night...so nothing to be ashamed of!

But yeah, I love his style and will enjoy his skates regardless of how he places. :)

Look at Yuzuru's TES...91.99. Dai will need to work on his TES if he wants to beat YUZURU...

treeloving

Medalist
I am a little disappointed with Dai's PCS. I just think for this brilliant program, jumps out of nowhere, part of the music, the jumps actually go with the music, all of Dai goes with the music - for this performance, that was very stable, no typical Dai-saves all around - I'd have given >90 PCS. How else do you encourage programs that are so well choreographed, that are one with the music? And that are performed exceptionally.

I totally agree. I expect much higher.

my feed always die when Patrick skate. :scowl:

lavender

Record Breaker
Dai's pcs should be much higher than Hanyu.

Brezina remnds me of Jeremy. Once again he comes undone in the long. Does he not have the stamina for the long program?