Men Free Skates | Page 22 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

Art&Sport

Medalist
I don't like Amodio's skating under Nikolai and I feel he was gifted on PCS, but that's figure skating these days. Amodio and Joubert were really geared up for Worlds taking place in Nice. Guess we'll see the lesser talented British skaters (not that there are any in the men's) doing well in London next year.

I think the scoring is off the hook. This is not figure skating. It is CoP skating, but Oh Well. At least the last group is loaded for bear and skating relatively clean.

Oreo

On the Ice
Fantastic for Brian (I hope Jeremy sees that comebacks are possible). However, Brian should get at least a 1-point deduction for using the Matrix music for four different years.

fairly4

Medalist
yes canada controls figure skating and cheats.

the u.s men really arent that good, they just think they are and held up too much at nationals.
for me regarding so called quad lutz at nationals they gave it to adam --should have down graded /ur it . he might have cleaned it up, but i doubt it.
the u.s. men don't have the mental toughness to do what needs to be done-in my opinion.
so i expect other countries to bypass U.s. men, they have already.

emma

Record Breaker
I missed Amodio...computer freeze :( but so happy he could skate well in front of his home crowd!I'm so thrilled for Brian....he probably needed that 4 sal to medal as he doesn't seem, to me, to have high level on footwork or spins.....but, I'm so, so thrilled for him. Way to bring it a worlds at home!!!!

Javi's opening was great, but then he just fell on something...hope he finishes the rest strong.

Becki

Medalist

I am so happy for Yuzuru!

Kind was hoping Joubert will medal 'cause he's a sentimental favourite of mine after all his injuries and hardship, I was really hoping he'll medal at home. Oh well, but Yuzuru for BRONZE NOW :D OMGG I am so happy that this might be possible...omg....and that I wasn't dellusional for predicting this earlier on....

jan

On the Ice
Brian Joubert scored higher in transitions than Kozuka? His score was more than generous!

CassAgain

On the Ice
I was so distracted by 1. Brian's stupid, too-literal costume. 2. His scruffy hotness, that it took me a while to realize Brian was having a good skate.

Agree with 1., BUT, those side pockets must be very convenient.

Medusa

Record Breaker
I will say, Brian is VERY classy. He gestured to the audience to calm down. I think he's proud of himself regardless of how he places. And really, he should be after all these tough years he's had!

I think so, too. I really think he just wanted to give it his all and he did.

Nadine

Record Breaker
Chan 1st
Hanyu 2nd
Daisuke 3rd (or Brezina to break the Japanese hold and put a European on the medal stand).

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Javier FERNANDEZ (ESP)

Music: La Traviata by Guiseppe Verdi
I Vespri Siciliani by Guiseppe Verdi
Nabucco by Guiseppe Verdi
Rigoletto by Guiseppe Verdi

5th after SP

4T - nice!
4S - messy landing
3A - hard fall
CiSt
CSSp
3A+3T - holds on
2Lz - stepout
3S+2T - stepout
2F+2T+2Lo
2Lo
CCoSp
ChSt
FCSSp

Too many messy landings and pop... he wil fall in placement, sadly

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
Hanyu still has the highest PCS so far... :eek:
He beat Abbott, I really wouldn't have thought that...
The judges really seem to love him! (and so do I)

Becki

Medalist
Did PJ just suggest Javier does not have enough time for the 2014 Olympics, might do well in the 2018 Olympics??? Is she kidding me...Javier will be 27 by then, and if Yuzuru continues to improve, he will be megaforce!