Men Free Skates | Page 10 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Pluschenko the sole entry to the rescue by 2013
who would have thought Voronov would rank higher,

Sjs5572

Final Flight
The Russians are down to one spot unless four skaters in the last two groups implode in a big, big, kaboomsky, atomic bomb way. It looks like Plushy will be under pressure next year to place first or second to get three spots for Sochi.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
Pluschenko the sole entry to the rescue by 2013
who would have thought Voronov would rank higher,

The problem here is that, with only one spot next year, they will only get 2 entries to the Olympics, unless the Russian bombs in London too. :think:

Russian Men's front is like Korean Ladies' front now. Well, only the latter had chronologically hopeless weak field before and after Yuna. Now only Plushy and Yuna could save these crises for them.

seniorita

Record Breaker
I wonder what Rf will do if Arthur wins Plu at nationals, I know it is naive question but he almost did this year, and chased him at euros.
Arthur had more difficult task at last year worlds as a sole entry, I dont understand what happened now..

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Compared to Gachinski´s PCS Song was VERY much robbed!!! Hopefully Song will get a better choreography for next season, because the PCS holds him back in EVERY competition.

Sjs5572

Final Flight
The problem here is that, with only one spot next year, they will only get 2 entries to the Olympics, unless the Russian bombs in London too. :think:

The Russians can still get three entries for Sochi. If a single entrant places first or second at Worlds, then three entries are earned.

gmyers

Record Breaker
It's very strange. It's not like Gachinski got higher PCS than Kozuka last year. But sometimes Kozuka just gets horrible PCS for his skill level. Last year he beat Chan in TES but was way lower on PCS. This is such a frequent occurence that he is low on PCS but not below Gachinski! That is strange! I haven't seen Kozuka just reading but maybe his performance was just bad. It is written all the time about Kozuka looking down and not having big performance skills so maybe that was worse than usual?

spikydurian

Medalist
I wonder what Rf will do if Arthur wins Plu at nationals, I know it is naive question but he almost did this year, and chased him at euros.
Arthur had more difficult task at last year worlds as a sole entry, I dont understand what happened now..
I think winning the bronze at Worlds 2011 put too much spotlight and expectations on him.

evangeline

Record Breaker
This is such a frequent occurence that he is low on PCS but not below Gachinski! That is strange! I haven't seen Kozuka just reading but maybe his performance was just bad. It is written all the time about Kozuka looking down and not having big performance skills so maybe that was worse than usual?

Gachinski wasn't doing much performing during his LP either. And Kozuka's SS >>> Gachinski's SS.

ILoveFigures

On the Ice
The Russians can still get three entries for Sochi. If a single entrant places first or second at Worlds, then three entries are earned.

That's correct. I forgot. :bang: There are so many rules to keep track of. lol! I still think it's going to be hard though. :eek:hwell:

About Sasha's Malaguena, Wikipedia says Morozov co-choreo'd it with Tarasova in 02-03, but Tarasova alone in 03-04 (they removed Morozov's parts?). So you can at least strongly dislike him. : )

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Poor Russia down to one dude. I hope Plushy will still return though only one chance to go to World's. That means Plushy will have the pressureof medalling to earn three spots. Possible as we have seen but just so many good men. Look at silver/bronze medallist Verner and heck Kozuka. The pressure is on Rippon and Abbott to earn enough points to gain three spots; ditton Kevin Reynolds really can't leave it to Patrick -not only must he hold on to 12th but realistically move up to 1oth or 11th. But with such great skaters behind him it doesn't look great.

Becki

Medalist
Not going to lie, I am so nervous for every single skater....I dunno why I keep thinking they will slip or fall in the middle of their program :S *TOUCH ON WOOD*