Men Free Skates | Page 31 | Golden Skate

Men Free Skates

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
wow, i'm gonna say, that Chan made me a little nervous today. Awesome opening and wow, he is just so well trained and such a fierce competitor that he was able to 'absorb' some notable errors and still dominant the field. Very impressed. My favorite 'outing' of his LP remains nationals and it is too bad we didn't get that super perfect record breaking version here, but again, congrats, congrats, congrats!

I'm over the moon for Dai and Hanyu - these will be performances I watch again!!! Way to go guys!!!
I wouldn't say winning the LP by only about 3 points over both Hanyu and Dai is dominating.

Nadine

Record Breaker
All Asian sweep.

And there is gorgeous Gwendal Peizerat (boy do I miss him and his equally gorgeous partner Marina Anissina). :)

museksk8r

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
And Evan Lysacek always skated clean. This is a joke. Well, onto Carolina's coronation next. Hanyu, Daisuke, I'm officially in your fan clubs now.

Lysacek had NOWHERE near Chan's difficulty either, so he should have been able to skate clean. Abbott always had much more difficult programs than Lysacek too.

Becki

Medalist
Hanyu is a future World Champ and perhaps Olympic Champ too. The kid is beyond amazing!! :love:

YUZURU FOR 2013 WORLD CHAMPION and 2014 OLYMPIC CHAMPION.

People thought I was dellusional for predicting Yuzuru as bronze this year, but he did it. So I have total faith he can win next year with a boost in PCs.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Yeah I don't think Patrick is four and a half points better in PCs than Takahashi but he still would have won so whatever. Clearly some tech errors in the latter's program.

russell30

Final Flight
Shame Patrick did not go clean it would have been a phenomenal afternoon.....

Apart from Gachinski, Abbott, Fernandez, Brezina

I thought the guys did well today.

Congratulations to Italy = 2 spots gained, Kazakstahn = 2 spots gained, France = 3 spots gained, Canada = 3 spots gained

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
see thie sthe problem with the new CoP
ordinary audience will not get it , most will think a clean or popped jump is better than a fall
a difficult jump content and a fall with base value they won't get

Leonardo

Final Flight
I was surprised at Chan's marks, because he doubled the salchow, didn't do the triple toe near the end, and missed the double axel. I don't think he underrotated anything, but I think he should have been much harder on PCS for having multiple mistakes and for being behind the music the entire time.

Crowd knows what they see. No wonder why they were booing him so much. That result was a slap in the face of everybody in that building. 4 points ahead w/ all those mistakes... Incredible.. The ISU has to do something about it!

Florian

On the Ice
Country
Germany
The three best are on the podium, so I am satisfied, although of course I am sad for Javi, Michal and Brian.

evangeline

Record Breaker
YUZURU FOR 2013 WORLD CHAMPION and 2014 OLYMPIC CHAMPION.

People thought I was dellusional for predicting Yuzuru as bronze this year, but he did it. So I have total faith he can win next year with a boost in PCs.

You aren't the only delusional one! I picked Yuzuru for bronze too :)

noidont

Final Flight
Oh well. What do we do if Patrick Chan keeps skating for another 10 years...Honestly I don't mind him as long as his PCS is in line with others. This program is not interesting in any way. PE IN CH scores are jokes.

Ravensque

On the Ice
:clap: Yeh Patrick.....2012 World Champion......great skate....too bad about the slip, but just great anyway. He throws his heart and soul into that program.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congrats to Patrick, Dai and Hanyu.

No words to describe Dai's skate it was just incredible, loved it.

Great skating by the Men today, totally enjoyed it.

Now I am going to leave this thread because I suspect it is going to get heated.