Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Yuzuru gets the loudest cheering, Dai, second loudest, and Patrick third loudest.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I think it was a bit rude of the audience to boo Patrick during the kiss-and-cry interview. They didn't really bother to applaud him either except at the end.....I feel bad b/c it should be the judges that deserve the booing!
    They certainly booed at the wrong time. I like Chan's skating overall and it's not his fault. I don't want him to be booed and made to feel bad.

Custom Title
    I think it was a bit rude of the audience to boo Patrick during the kiss-and-cry interview. They didn't really bother to applaud him either except at the end.....I feel bad b/c it should be the judges that deserve the booing!
    That's the way they have to show those judges how unfair was the FS result.

Rinkside
    I agree. The booing is very poor sportsmanship. Everyone knows that Patrick is the best skater in the world.

Custom Title
    Well, so much for the "Lakernik effect." Chan gets super PCS even with all those mistakes....

Always supporting skaters :) 100yen's Avatar
    Yuzuru just looks happy beyond words!! He's soaking up the love of the audience!

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    They certainly booed at the wrong time. I like Chan's skating overall and it's not his fault. I don't want him to be booed and made to feel bad.
    I agree. Just because Chan doesn't move my soul doesn't mean he doesn't deserve respect for being such a hard working champion who has learned to be a much more consistent competitor and you've got to respect all of the difficulty in his programs!

And the referees are booed.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Preciousbubs View Post
    I agree. The booing is very poor sportsmanship. Everyone knows that Patrick is the best skater in the world.
    Except those people watching live and so many members here? Maybe he is the best in the world, but he wasn't the best on the FS here. Now they are booing the judges.

Custom Title
    OMG the crowd is booing during the medal ceremony O_O

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by russell30 View Post
    Spain still qualifies 2 spots Javi finished in top 10.
    yes, I mistyped it
    Spain gets 2

1 spot for China should be given to Han Yan !
    1 spot for Russia give it to Zhenya !

ETA: A wake up call for the judges
    It was just a matter of time before they will notice it
    stop being generous, Chan is no better than Hanyu !

Custom Title
    I totally agree, if audience are not sastified it's judge not Patrick to deserve the boo.

Even I don't agree with his PCS (compare to Dai) I admire him for having a great nerve.

Banned
    Chan deserves this if it wasn`t for the slip at the end there would be no question, dai did not land his quad clean and hanyu also had a lapse in concentration.

Custom Title
    My final thought:

Canada, Japan, and Russia have the Olympic Medals locked up without a doubt. That's the honest to God truth. They have the best skaters. But I'm trying to decide which one will win the Team Event? Japan has a slight edge, also they've been putting on this other type of team event for the past two years or so, but then Canada & Russia are equally good. So the only thing I'm sure about is that gold, silver, and bronze is between those three, but unsure of what order.

Americans are dead. This Worlds solidified the nail in the coffin. It's a New World Order, and has been for some time now. Fact. After the 2014 Olympics (crossing my fingers & praying that Zhenya is able to compete) I'm not going to watch American skating any more. As I've always said these past two years I only came back for Zhenya.

Custom Title
    Well, boo patrick, boo you. boo boo boo.
    Judging is so nuts. FS is done. After Dai's performance, I want to see straight 6.0 for artistic mark. Now it's 85.293 or whatever.
    And then after Chan's performance, I want to see 5.6 5.7 with the Canadian judge giving 5.9 or 6.0. Now it's 90.99. Urgh. Doesn't make any sense and math is my favorite subject.

Page 44 of 85 FirstFirst ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... LastLast