Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadine View Post
    My final thought:

Canada, Japan, and Russia have the Olympic Medals locked up without a doubt. That's the honest to God truth. They have the best skaters. But I'm trying to decide which one will win the Team Event? Japan has a slight edge, also they've been putting on this other type of team event for the past two years or so, but then Canada & Russia are equally good. So the only thing I'm sure about is that gold, silver, and bronze is between those three, but unsure of what order.

Americans are dead. This Worlds solidified the nail in the coffin. It's a New World Order, and has been for some time now. Fact. After the 2014 Olympics (crossing my fingers & praying that Zhenya is able to compete) I'm not going to watch American skating any more. As I've always said these past two years I only came back for Zhenya.
    oh Nadine, no worries
    Zhenya will earn that 1 spot from Russia for next worlds

American skating is not dead, Ice Dance is still great
    and teh ladies, Gracie Gold will be there and maybe Karen Chen
    and there is Jason Brown after 2014

Banned
    he only had one mistake come on he deserves this dai`s program is laughable.

Custom Title
    What is classless about it? They are vocal about the sport and they see what everyone at home see. What a crap load of judging panel!
    And they are French, by default, they are classier than you.

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Honestly I am not very surprised by the reaction of the French audience. They are widely known for booing other players at other events besides figure skating. They speak their mind and its obvious to see that they dont agree with Chan's LP score. IMO Chan should have come 3rd in the LP behind Dai and Hanyu, but it is what it is and Chan always seem to come out on top. Overall, the men gave quite a display and I can only hope that the ladies can do the same.

For me the best performance was Hanyu's LP which left me literally at the edge of my seat. 173+ and he is only 17 and probably has not reached his peak yet?!?! Yeah, he will be a factor in Sochi and the next upcoming seasons!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    he only had one mistake come on he deserves this dai`s program is laughable.
    Chan only had one mistake? Were you watching the same competition as everyone else?

Medalist
    The crowd was also booing when Joubert did not surpass Yuzuru to take the bronze medal...which shows just how unreliable crowd opinion really is.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by medusa View Post
    oh please, the crowd also goes nuts for kvdp - would you want him as world champion? If this was a sport where the crowd decides who wins - welcome to american idol on ice.
    lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    The booing is the most direct way for fans to express their opinions. It's up to ISU if they take them seriously.
    Exactly. French crowd was so brave to show how the judges (they booed the crowd and the judges) how wrong were they. If they keep it classy, no one will ever know how unfair people felt this result was. And it happens time after time, 1 fall, 2 falls, 3 falls, it doesn't matter. It's time to do something, and they are trying! Booing the judges when they could and booing Patrick to show what they thought about his score.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poodlepal View Post
    you know who did quads AND didn't fall on a jump at least?) Daisuke and Yuzuru. Did either of them win? No.
    Did you even watch the SP? Hanyu singled a Lutz. Dai fell out of and put hands down on a 3toe. Patrick wasn't perfect either, but his mistakes in the SP were not as major as those made by the Japanese.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    The crowd was also booing when Joubert did not surpass Yuzuru to take the bronze medal...which shows just how unreliable crowd opinion really is.
    I certainly wouldn't mind Joubert getting the bronze. So that wasn't totally random. Joubert brought it both phases of the competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    I thought they were booing 'cause Joubert was underscored? lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeko666 View Post
    The booing is the most direct way for fans to express their opinions. It's up to ISU if they take them seriously.
    if ordinary audience have reacted, now something is fundamentally wrong with the system or the judging
    I hope the judges or ISU finally listens

Custom Title
    PCHAN got 90 for PCs? Daisuke 85...are you kidding me. are you kidding me......

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Did you even watch the SP? Hanyu singled a Lutz. Dai fell out of and put hands down on a 3toe. Patrick wasn't perfect either, but his mistakes in the SP were not as major as those made by the Japanese.
    And he beat them in the LP, too. What's the excuse?

Custom Title
    anyone watching IN....did they 'show' the booing and the interview and the medal? I hate this kind of thing but do want to see, that's why I'm asking.

I hope this thread doesn't get mean spirited, but I think we could debate fairly and kindly the results without bashing the skaters who, after all, don't judge themselves. I think my gut reaction without a rewatch, which often changes my mind, is that the placements were fair and the results were close, by which I mean - the top three, combining both short and long, were very close together and I could see the numbers being closer as a result. I can also imagine reasons to flip these results without accusing anyone of overt favortism or 'cheating.' Meaning, a different panel may have found a different result.

So, I only have gut reactions right now, and again gut reaction, I do think that Dai brought the most performance and interpretation of all three in both segments, and I do think that hands down, Chan has significantly higher skating skills, after that, I really need to read the protocols and rewatch to feel clearer on anything. I was so stunned by Hanyu that I didn't really take in his LP - i just jumped up and down and screamed.

So anyway, just looking forward to reading your analysis and hope we can learn from each others 'take' on the event!

Page 46 of 85 FirstFirst ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... LastLast