Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Quote Originally Posted by UnChosen View Post
    The crowd was also booing when Joubert did not surpass Yuzuru to take the bronze medal...which shows just how unreliable crowd opinion really is.
    They were booing in general to Brian's score, not because he didn't beat Yuzuru. Hey, Yuzuru just got the loudest cheer from the same French crowd out of the three. I was kinda surprised that Brian's score wasn't higher. His performance was clean, and I thought he was going to get home advantage.

Custom Title
    PLease someone please record the video of medal ceremony, I can't wait to see Yuzuru happy face.

Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Wow, this crowd is certainly opinionated. I can't remember hearing so much booing EVER during the champion's scores, his interview AND the medal ceremony.
    Their French. They are known to be rude..

Anyway, I am SOOOO happy the 3 best men in the world are standing at the podium. Hands down to all of them!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh please, the crowd also goes nuts for KVDP - would you want him as World Champion? If this was a sport where the crowd decides who wins - welcome to American Idol on ice.
    It's obviously not the point of my post. Even the crowd is tired of Patrick winning time after time with so many mistakes over an incredible and almost "perfect" performance. The judges are always right? Yeah, 9 for PE for Patrick and 8.6 for Daisuke. So fair.

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    anyone watching IN....did they 'show' the booing and the interview and the medal? I hate this kind of thing but do want to see, that's why I'm asking.

I hope this thread doesn't get mean spirited, but I think we could debate fairly and kindly the results without bashing the skaters who, after all, don't judge themselves. I think my gut reaction without a rewatch, which often changes my mind, is that the placements were fair and the results were close, by which I mean - the top three, combining both short and long, were very close together and I could see the numbers being closer as a result. I can also imagine reasons to flip these results without accusing anyone of overt favortism or 'cheating.' Meaning, a different panel may have found a different result.

So, I only have gut reactions right now, and again gut reaction, I do think that Dai brought the most performance and interpretation of all three in both segments, and I do think that hands down, Chan has significantly higher skating skills, after that, I really need to read the protocols and rewatch to feel clearer on anything. I was so stunned by Hanyu that I didn't really take in his LP - i just jumped up and down and screamed.

So anyway, just looking forward to reading your analysis and hope we can learn from each others 'take' on the event!
    ITA on every point. Incredibly well spoken!

Custom Title
    The french have changed skating in the past. Lets hope it happens again. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzvtjbcv-Cs

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Did you even watch the SP? Hanyu singled a Lutz. Dai fell out of and put hands down on a 3toe. Patrick wasn't perfect either, but his mistakes in the SP were not as major as those made by the Japanese.
    Actually, I didn't see it, as Universal Sports demanded money from my cable provider that it wouldn't give them, and I can't miss work to watch streaming videos. But PC won the long program. If the other two had messed up on the short but beat Patrick in the long, it would be, oh well. But they didn't.

Custom Title
    I am watching on IN and they showed everything till the end of the medal ceremony

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    They were booing in general to Brian's score, not because he didn't beat Yuzuru. Hey, Yuzuru just got the loudest cheer from the same French crowd out of the three. I was kinda surprised that Brian's score wasn't higher. His performance was clean, and I thought he was going to get home advantage.
    ^

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Chan only had one mistake? Were you watching the same competition as everyone else?
    So, I saw three - the jump sequence, a spin (I forget which one, a change of leg spin that seemed terrible on centered in the second, outside edge portion), and the double axel....I have not yet read the protocols (just can't yet), but wonder if a) you saw other tech errors, b) think on the tech the errors were adequately scored, and c) wonder what you think of the pcs side of things..

ETA thanks on the IN information, I'll to see if I can watch the last segment again later!

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Doesn't really change my point. Too many people without knowledge in PCS operates on a "Clean + Appealing" = High Score, otherwise low score type of judging when it is not that way.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I think people tend to forget that Chan does 2 quads in the LP vs. Dai's 1 quad. That is a very big difference in TES points! Chan nailed both quads in the LP perfectly and I'm sure amassed mega +GOE for doing so. Wasn't Takahashi's quad in the LP 2-footed?

Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    anyone watching IN....did they 'show' the booing and the interview and the medal? I hate this kind of thing but do want to see, that's why I'm asking.
    They showed the interview and the ceremony. The booing was hard to ignore.

Custom Title
    Yeah the French will definitely boo you in tennis. Wow think the fs fans are fed up. This is crazy.
    Last edited by lavender; 03-31-2012 at 10:29 AM.

Custom Title
    Well perhaps Dai's edges weren't as deep on his footwork.

Page 47 of 85 FirstFirst ... 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... LastLast