Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    I sense that Chan was really nervous today... there was a tentativeness that usually isn't there and he was really behind in his music... it reminded me of what he said about the olympics... that he was so nervous he couldn't hear the music. That said, the judging was completely fair. Hanyu won the LP. Chan deserve his score because he had two beautiful quads and a triple axel. I really wanted him to knock it out of the park today like he did in nationals, but though it wasn't meant to be he still held it together and he deserve the win.

The audience is just upset joubert didn't medal.

Edit: Oops... Hanyu didn't win the LP. mea culpa (late night + early morning = hazy short term memory). however, i still stand by what i said
    Last edited by flaneur; 03-31-2012 at 10:37 AM.

Custom Title
    They could impose greater penalties on visible mistakes. It would kill technical progress in the sport dead, but it's the only way to satisfy neophytes.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I think people tend to forget that Chan does 2 quads in the LP vs. Dai's 1 quad. That is a very big difference in TES points! Chan nailed both quads in the LP perfectly and I'm sure amassed mega +GOE for doing so. Wasn't Takahashi's quad in the LP 2-footed?
    It is not the TES that seems unfair it is the PCS.

Custom Title
    Je t'aime Hanyu

(just want to be clear)
    (& you too Daisuke + Jeremy made this WC worth watching)

Custom Title
    I think people tend to forget that Chan does 2 quads in the LP vs. Dai's 1 quad. That is a very big difference in TES points! Chan nailed both quads in the LP perfectly and I'm sure amassed mega +GOE for doing so. Wasn't Takahashi's quad in the LP 2-footed?
    But it's the PCs I am furious about...

Custom Title
    Chan does deserve the highest PCS, his overall skating quality is above the rest by quite a bit. Some people here talk like real amateurs, a fall in the program does not negate everything in the program. This is why the new scoring system was created. The French are just a bunch of cantankerous sore losers, as Brian really does not match up to the top three or four.

Custom Title
    The issue here is that Chan virtually tied Takahashi on TES, but received almost 5 more PCS points than Takahashi.

Well there's also Daisuke's 2 triple axels to Chan's- ONE triple axel. Nobody's complaining about Chan's tech scores they are complaining about the PCS. And there's more too it than Daisuke was clean Chan wasn't. Daisuke had the better performance.

Chan does deserve the highest PCS, his overall skating quality is above the rest by quite a bit. Some people here talk like real amateurs, a fall in the program does not negate everything in the program. This is why the new scoring system was created. The French are just a bunch of cantankerous sore losers, as Brian really does not match up to the top three or four.

Its fine to give Chan higher SS skills than Daisuke. But I think even when both are clean Daisuke is the better performer AND has better interpertation. Surely Daisuke deserved higher P/E mark. I think Chan IS the best skater in the world, but it doesn't mean he's the best at everything. Or that others don't deserve to get rewarded for what they do better.

And the problem too is the judges aren't even consistent. Look at Contesti's higher PCS than Denis Ten. Or how Kozuka's PCS drop big time (and many say Kozuka's basics are probably the closest to Chan). The judges aren't even consistent.
    Last edited by bekalc; 03-31-2012 at 10:31 AM.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    Hanyu won the LP.
    But he didn't. P Chan did.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Je t'aime Hanyu

(just want to be clear)
    (& you too Daisuke + Jeremy made this WC worth watching)

I am so glad I sacrificed sleep for this. Hanyu made it worthy of my time.

I am really okay with the results, it could have gone either way and I prefer Dai's program by far - but I can live with the result.

I have a question concerning Dai's jump GOEs. I know his jumps are not high, and that among all the boys he is one who underrotates easily, together with Reynolds, Denis Ten and Kozuka. And even during this freeskate some of his jumps looked a little tight. But I also thought that he had some nice transitions into those jumps - shouldn't he get more GOE on them, even if the rest of the execution was rather average? The only jump that resulted in good GOE was his 3A, no other jump got more than +1. His jumps weren't that average, were they?

Medalist
    They should really just allow the PCS categories to be scored with greater differences. Then they can give Daisuke higher IN/CH mark, but then Patrick's SS/TR should be 9.5+ across the board if he has mistake and perfect 10 if he's clean.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Emma, yes, IN did show the interview and medal ceremony with the booing.

I'm sorry Patrick got booed, but that's what audiences do in sports. Maybe the referee and tech caller getting booed will give the ISU some food for thought.

Hanyu was just like Narumi - two little puppies who are overjoyed with their unexpected medals. This is a great Worlds for Japan, hope it continues to be so with the ladies!

Custom Title
    But in the end their tes score is the same, what put them apart is PCS.

Protocol breakdown:

Jumps (top 10):
    Yuzuru: 73.29
    Patrick: 67.70
    Daisuke: 66.55
    Kevin: 64.91
    Brian: 63.67
    Florent: 63.47
    Samuel: 59.62
    Michal: 58.43
    Denis: 58.39
    Jeremy: 52.34

Nonjump elements
    Daisuke: 21.61
    Patrick: 20.86
    Denis: 20.39
    Yuzuru: 18.70
    Florent: 17.94
    Jeremy: 17.44
    Michal: 17.43
    Samuel: 16.22
    Brian: 15.50
    Kevin: 14.95

+GOE:
    Patrick: 14.45
    Yuzuru: 12.74
    Florent: 9.05
    Daisuke: 8.25
    Brian: 7.49
    Denis: 6.52
    Samuel: 5.25
    Kevin: 3.58
    Jeremy: .33
    Michel: -2.70

Interesting dynamics here..Yuzuru wins on jumps, Daisuke won on non-jump elements and Patrick won on +GOE.

And what dismal jump score for Jeremy. :( And Brenzia gets clobbered on execution.

Page 48 of 85 FirstFirst ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... LastLast