Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Fact remains, Patrick and the referees were loudly booed. Yuzuru and Dai were not. Food for thought, no??

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CassAgain View Post
    If the crowd was booing Joubert's absence on the podium, wouldn't they have booed all three medalists and not just Chan?
    Makes sense to me.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Patrick had 5 points less in Base Value than Takahashi. He fell, doubled jumps, and still got more TES than takahashi. And let's not forget the PCS: 5 points over, including performance and interpretation....
    Yes, but Chan's PCS skills are waayy over-rated. Sorry, that's JMO. Quads I don't care. I just don't care. Daisuke was not rewarded for his superior artistic skills, and he put out enough technical expertise to have been rewarded more. A lot of judges and ubers, and even neutral fans seem to be rating Chan in the same league with Dai artistically. That is simply not true. My stating it over and over has nothing to do with trying to keep it from being true. It just is hands-down, in my estimation very obvious that Daii is at the top of his game artistically, while Chan is NOT!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    *sigh* I'm just ready to have this season be over and then have Hanyu dominate mens' skating straight to the 2013 World title and 2014 Olympic title.
    Agree!! I am so glad other ppl feel the same way =] Yuzuru for 2013 and 2014 Gold!

skating philosopher
    Spots for 2013:
    Three spots: Canada, Japan and France
    Two spots: USA, Kazakhstan, Italy and Czech Republic
    Lost spots: Russia and Spain (down to 1 spot)

Custom Title
    Maybe the crowd was not booing at the overall results but the placement of the FP. I think Chan deserves his gold but should have been 3rd in the Free, with the presentation scores behind Dai's. In that case, the crowd would have thought the judging was fair and attributed the final placement to the SP. It is hard to convince the viewers that someone finished behind the music (i.e., not skating to the music) with a poker face throughout could score that high in the artistic marks. The first half of Chan's performance was good though, with big jumps and all that. I thought he was going to have a perfect skate. All in all, the podium placement was right--just my opinion. Congratulations to Chan. He won it with hard work and points (even taking away the supposed inflation). He is a well-deserved champion.

Custom Title
    Wow Russia with only spot?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    Fact remains, Patrick and the referees were loudly booed. Yuzuru and Dai were not. Food for thought, no??
    Not really. They booed the program with visible errors that beat the "perfect" 2nd place performance. It's exactly what you'd expect from any audience that has no informed working knowledge of the scoring system. What's troubling is that that would be every crowd anywhere.

Custom Title
    Btw, anyone have Yuzuru's K&C footage? I missed it 'cause I was too nervous haha

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by adamlondon View Post
    I still think P Chan deservess higher PCS because he strokes more efficiently, has better flow and power through the ice and has more sophisticated movements than Daisuke. I like him, but it's sometimes a bit too in your face.
    Worked for Plushy and Dai is no where as in your face as he was. I like confidence in a performance. I enjoy watching Dai skate when he is on. Also watching Joubert was like watching men's skating precop. The difference is glaring.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Protocol breakdown:

Jumps (top 10):
    Yuzuru: 73.29
    Patrick: 67.70
    Daisuke: 66.55
    Kevin: 64.91
    Brian: 63.67
    Florent: 63.47
    Samuel: 59.62
    Michal: 58.43
    Denis: 58.39
    Jeremy: 52.34

Nonjump elements
    Daisuke: 21.61
    Patrick: 20.86
    Denis: 20.39
    Yuzuru: 18.70
    Florent: 17.94
    Jeremy: 17.44
    Michal: 17.43
    Samuel: 16.22
    Brian: 15.50
    Kevin: 14.95

+GOE:
    Patrick: 14.45
    Yuzuru: 12.74
    Florent: 9.05
    Daisuke: 8.25
    Brian: 7.49
    Denis: 6.52
    Samuel: 5.25
    Kevin: 3.58
    Jeremy: .33
    Michel: -2.70

Interesting dynamics here..Yuzuru wins on jumps, Daisuke won on non-jump elements and Patrick won on +GOE.

And what dismal jump score for Jeremy. :( And Brenzia gets clobbered on execution.
    Thanks, very nice analysis. This was pretty much confirmed that judges favored Chan because the +GOE are in judges' hands, not skaters'. I kinda feel sorry for Chan in a way that he prob. the only skater that got the most booing.

Tripping on the Podium
    Figure skating died tonight??

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Spots for 2013:
    Three spots: Canada, Japan and France
    Two spots: USA, Kazakhstan, Italy and Czech Republic
    Lost spots: Russia and Spain (down to 1 spot)
    I'm so happy that Canada have 3 spots next year Congratulation to Patrick and Kevin, both of them did a great job.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Maybe the crowd was not booing at the overall results but the placement of the FP. I think Chan deserves his gold but should have been 3rd in the Free, with the presentation scores behind Dai's. In that case, the crowd would have thought the judging was fair and attributed the final placement to the SP. It is hard to convince the viewers that someone finished behind the music (i.e., not skating to the music) with a poker face throughout could score that high in the artistic marks. The first half of Chan's performance was good though, with big jumps and all that. I thought he was going to have a perfect skate. All in all, the podium placement was right--just my opinion. Congratulations to Chan. He won it with hard work and points (even taking away the supposed inflation). He is a well-deserved champion.
    I agree with this. I never said I agreed with the judges' scoring, but I do agree with the final placement.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by carignan View Post
    Figure skating died tonight??
    No, I think it survived tonight! It shows that PChan is not invincible...but he did win on a less than stellar LP..

Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast