Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    That's a total surprise. Chan's did more quads than Dai did. Since when has Elvis valued artistry more than jumps?
    I can't find the actual interview/comment (only the enraged reactions to Elvis' comments in the CBC chatstream), but I think it was about all those mistakes Chan had? Not sure though.....trying to find the actual interview.
    Last edited by evangeline; 03-31-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Canada has 3 spots? Talk about a country that doesn't have the skaters to fill them. After Chan it's a big falloff.
    Well you could say that about almost any other country other than Japan. I mean France has 3 spots too...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Apparently Elvis Stojko just told CBC NewsWorld that Daisuke Takahashi is the best skater in the world, not Patrick Chan.

The CBC figure skating chatstream is blowing up at this comment....
    He is entitled to his own opinions. I,too, think Daisuke is the best 'overall' skater in the world. But since I am not a former World Champion and OSM, my words don't matter much :P

But let's face it, even as a two time WC, Patrick is not going to get as many sponsors as Daisuke :P FS' popularity in Canada is unfortunately going down the drain :'(

Banned
    I find Dai overrated i`m glad the judges agreed with me, his quad did not look clean to me, chan had two quads and one with a triple toe combo, i feel the rest of the world is just jealous of Chan and want to see him lose at any cost.

Custom Title
    Elvis must feel insecure of his status in Canadian figure skating. Heroes don't envy. Browning, Cranston, etc, are not afraid to gush over Patrick.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by romanoff81 View Post
    i feel the rest of the world is just jealous of Chan and want to see him lose at any cost.
    Nay, Chan doesn't deserve his high presentation scores he received today. Plain and simple.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Elvis must feel insecure of his status in Canadian figure skating. Heroes don't envy. Browning, Cranston, etc, are not afraid to gush over Patrick.
    Another possibility might be he doesn't like Patrick's skating.....

Banned
    Judges disagreed with you they are the experts you are not, Dai was just doing a palid imitation of Plushenko with his hip swiveling nonsense.

Custom Title
    Judges disagreed with you they are the experts you are not, Dai was just doing a palid imitation of Plushenko with his hip swiveling nonsense.
    This is the funniest comment I read this weekend so far.

Custom Title
    Umm....can you name a moment in Daisuke's programs in which he actually swivels his hip?

I find Dai overrated i`m glad the judges agreed with me, his quad did not look clean to me, chan had two quads and one with a triple toe combo, i feel the rest of the world is just jealous of Chan and want to see him lose at any cost.
    De-lurking to say this: I really hope you do realize that 2-quad Patrick has only .4 in TES over 1-quad Daisuke. And also, Yuzuru (also with one quad) beat them both on TES. So, sorry, but Patrick's win in the LP was not really based on TES, but on PCS, which is a problem, because to have (at least) the highest PE and IN of the night when in some places he was clearly behind the music is a bit ridiculous, IMO.

Banned
    Good to see the crowd booing Chan's win then booing him on the medal podium to boot. Well deserved. The judges can continue their fixed scoring but fans are not fooled and are flocking away by the dozens. Chan's legacy when he retires will only be the most held up champion in history who had his wins protected before ever setting foot on the ice, and the entire Chan era in mens skating will just be viewed as the farce nearly everyone already views it as.

I was also proven right in my statement the Chan vs Takahashi thread was a total joke. Chan can do lame performances with multiple falls and still 120% lock to be marked over a perfect Takahashi or a perfect anyone else. ROTFL at Chan beating Takahashi by 5 points in PCS today, it should have been the other way around and that alone would have flipped the result.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Seriously, you think it takes guts for a Canadian to gush over Patrick, whereas it's cowardly to criticize him? Because criticizing Canada's champ is going to bring Elvis so much love?

Custom Title
    I think everyone is not complaing about Chan TES, its about their PCS difference. TES wise, Chan got what he got fair and square. No one can deny his two quad and 3A are just well done, and rightly deserve the +GOE mark. Dai did gives up points here and there with his two footed quad, and 3A+3T where the back end triple got two footed too.
    But PCS wise, both Dai and Chan should have been tie, at least. Overallm the placement was right, coz Chan did have 4 points cushion from SP.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Another possibility might be he doesn't like Patrick's skating.....
    Because Patrick can do what Elvis could and Elvis could not do what Patrick can. IOW, Patrick can jump like Elvis and Elvis could not skate a fraction of what Patrick can. No, he doesn't like it at all.

Page 56 of 85 FirstFirst ... 6 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... LastLast