Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    Apparently Elvis Stojko just told CBC NewsWorld that Daisuke Takahashi is the best skater in the world, not Patrick Chan.

The CBC figure skating chatstream is blowing up at this comment....
    Wow, if that's true it goes against what was written in a recent Canadian article where it claimed that "Canada's past champions marvel at Patrick." Toller Cranston was even quoted in that article as saying: “I don't think I could watch him skate live, I'd commit suicide out of depression at how good he is.” Maybe some of Patrick's competitors (not Dai, btw) might be a bit depressed over how much the judges are in love with Chan's SS.

Elvis is pretty brave... oh, but he lives in Mexico these days.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    De-lurking to say this: I really hope you do realize that 2-quad Patrick has only .4 in TES over 1-quad Daisuke. And also, Yuzuru (also with one quad) beat them both on TES. So, sorry, but Patrick's win in the LP was not really based on TES, but on PCS, which is a problem, because to have (at least) the highest PE and IN of the night when in some places he was clearly behind the music is a bit ridiculous, IMO.
    ITA. Chan was clearly rushing on the last half, and maybe thats why he flubber on his 3-3 sequence. Wasn't expecting his freak fall on 2A thou... When S. Russel ask him about the freak fall, he said something like 'it wouldn't be exciting without a little touch of Patrick'....clearly stating that a fall here and there is no big deal for him, coz he knows will be held up no matter what.
    Last edited by wonderlen3000; 03-31-2012 at 02:08 PM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Art&Sport View Post
    Wow, if that's true it goes against what was written in a recent Canadian article where it claimed that "Canada's past champions marvel at Patrick." Toller Cranston was even quoted in that article as saying: “I don't think I could watch him skate live, I'd commit suicide out of depression at how good he is.” Maybe some of Patrick's competitors (not Dai, btw) might be a bit depressed over how much the judges are in love with Chan's SS.

Elvis is pretty brave... oh, but he lives in Mexico these days.
    LOL maybe thats why he said it. He knows he wouldn't be thrown to death by mapel surup candy. lol

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    Well you could say that about almost any other country other than Japan. I mean France has 3 spots too...
    You mean other than Japan and the U.S. The U.S. field is quite deep too with lots of guys fighting for an opportunity. That could be why it takes so much out of guys. But no excuses, Jeremy and Adam needed to deliver in Nice better than they were able to do.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Because Patrick can do what Elvis could and Elvis could not do what Patrick can. IOW, Patrick can jump like Elvis and Elvis could not skate a fraction of what Patrick can. No, he doesn't like it at all.
    Well depends on what he defines as "best" - perhaps he thinks Daisuke has the overall package, and Patrick is still lacking in some areas?

*shrugs* people are entitled to their own opinions, and I give him props for expressing what his rather unpopular opinion.

Custom Title
    Because Patrick can do what Elvis could and Elvis could not do what Patrick can. IOW, Patrick can jump like Elvis and Elvis could not skate a fraction of what Patrick can. No, he doesn't like it at all.
    Let's give him the benefit of doubt, assuming Patrick is not his cup of tea. But, does what he say matter? Not at all. See, I stop arguing with Chan-haters on this board now that the gold is already in Patrick's bag. Why add salt to someone's wound? I am a kind person!

Having said that, I want to remind them that Dai was overscored by at least one point, he didn't get the deduction for his fall. (Yeah, Patrick deserved it too in 4CC, I don't need to be reminded of that.)
    Last edited by Boeing787; 03-31-2012 at 02:14 PM.

i'm surprised elvis would find dai better as chan is the better jumper, thought elvis would go with the better jumper

Custom Title
    I'm looking forward to the next entry of Sonia Bianchetti's blog.
    Last edited by mikeko666; 03-31-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Oh, hello there, Elvis!

No, seriously though, I'm looking at the protocol for the Mens' free skate, and about 13 out of the Top 15 skaters attempted quads.

Perhaps it's not really about the quads anymore since Elvis might be satisfied everyone's trying them nowadays.
    Last edited by aftertherain; 03-31-2012 at 02:18 PM.

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Let's give him the benefit of doubt, assuming Patrick is not his cup of tea. But, does what he say matter? Not at all. See, I stop argueing with Chan-haters on this board now that the gold is already in Patrick's bag. Why add salt to someone's wound? I am a kind person!
    LOL. Very wise as well.

Custom Title
    I just want celebrate!
    Last edited by Boeing787; 03-31-2012 at 02:30 PM.

Custom Title
    You're awesome Patrick Chan. Congratulations on your well-deserved victory! Onwards and upwards.

Custom Title
    Patrick can now put the experience and success of defending a Worlds title in his pocket, pulled out as he needs it next times.

He can use the booing like he used the Olympics experience. Onwards and Upwards indeed.

Gan bei.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Hanyu clobbered Patrick in TES! Patrick's TES was almost the same as Dai!
    Yes, 3.43 is what I call clobbering

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    I'd just really like it if he managed to develop further, adapt his skating to different genres. But then again, Plushy never did that and is doing / did just fine with that.
    Plushenko didnt have an artistic vision or didnt explore it but has the in your face skating, which is popular to CoP uneducated audience who pays for a ticket I dont think Chan is there yet.
    Anyway thats irrelevant, Russia has one spot next year, boo-hoo.:( I feel sorry for Arthur mostly cause I dont think anyone expected Voronov to do better and he already finished ahead of Gatsi. It 's sad if they wait for the 30 year old grandpa to finish in top ten next year to bring spots back.

Quote Originally Posted by flaneur View Post
    Well you could say that about almost any other country other than Japan. I mean France has 3 spots too...
    Chafic will go to next WorldsAnd I hope Brian doesnt retire.

* i have an hour till the broadcast of ladies free here and I m trying hard not to enter the ladies thread
    Last edited by seniorita; 03-31-2012 at 03:20 PM.

Page 57 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... LastLast