Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    Thank you SO MUCH! I got gooseflesh from the beauty of his program. How he uses his arms...how he uses the music! There's never a moment when you think, "There, he's going into his footwork section." It all seems to spring naturally from what the music is doing at that moment. That demonstrates not just the inspired choreography but the musicality of this skater. I feel so privileged to be a fan of his. I hope that long after he leaves competitive skating, he continues to skate professionally, because this guy was born to be on the ice.

And thanks, Jtsmith, for the link to the medal ceremony. I love that both Japanese skaters cheered when Patrick skated out onto the ice, and that Patrick and Daisuke behaved so graciously to each other. Golly, Hanyu looks so young. May he continue to grow and progress, and Patrick also. But my heart belongs to Daisuke. What an exceptional performance.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by emma View Post
    it sounded like Peter Curuthers (sp?) to me and, I hate to say it because he is so informed, but his commentating grated badly on my nerves in this and many other examples.
    I am referring to this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&fe...&v=QK3PZc1FY6g

The commentator was horrible.....he was like "the hands over your head thing, it's very very rare"

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    The crowd booed at Chan to indicate that they were angry with the unfair results. What other way could they find to indicate to those judges that they didn't agree to the score given to Patrick Chan? They booed at one judge when they could, but there was no other way to show them that it wasn't fair. Sometimes you have to do something that is not very polite to show disapproval. The crowd has the right to show those judges that they don't agree with the cheating and pre-determined results. Congrats to them to have the guts and not pretend everything is OK with this result.
    Just want to remind you that Bruno was burnt to death because he didn't believe the Earth was the center of the universe, against the mass belief in that era.

Custom Title
    Blades, I called you out on predicting Hanyu for bronze.

I like my crow burnt and heaping.

Custom Title
    I don't know if this applies in your state but if you have Directv there's a free trial for Universal Sports going on. Just found out.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Just want to remind you that Bruno was burnt to death because he didn't believe the Earth was the center of the universe, against the mass belief in that era.
    Oh great, so most of the people here, the crowd, most of the fans, blogs, commentators, everybody is wrong, Patrick did deserved higher PCS, actually 5 points more than Dai, and did deserve the victory in the FS by 3 points, falling, with a 2S, and uninspiring performance over an almost perfect one. Well, only Patrick and his fans know the truth about this. Ok.
    I think I'm done here, let the cheating go on forever and ever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by lavender View Post
    I don't know if this applies in your state but if you have Directv there's a free trial for Universal Sports going on. Just found out.
    Oh so that's why it was working for me. I was so confused b/c I didn't think that I was paying for USN.

what's with yuka telling jeremy he did a 'good job'

was he worse in practice?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by alexeifan View Post
    what's with yuka telling jeremy he did a 'good job'

was he worse in practice?
    She tells everyone that...she's a very positive person. She even told Adam he did a good job, and some of her jumps were very good.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    Oh so that's why it was working for me. I was so confused b/c I didn't think that I was paying for USN.
    Good weekend for it to be free.

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Just a thought as I am watching the ladies on tv now, this is the same audience who cheered and applauded throughout the program when V/T fell, when K/S fell, when Hanyu fell etc etc from the very first groups till the stars,, it made a big impression to me in Alissa Lp when she kept falling that there was extra applause and encouragment..I ve seen it before but not in every single skater, I thought the audience was warm, so many standing ovations, I dont know why you think audience is a bunch of people irrelevant to fs, btw many people from the internet boards are there.
    I m waiting Trewyn to write her impressions.

Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtsmith12 View Post
    Here is the men's medal ceremony:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHHMNZ4j60A
    Hate 'em or love 'em, it's nice to see them being happy for each other. Thanks for posting!

Custom Title
    Patrick Chan: Because of the hilarious and wierd axel error, this program felt worse than it actually was. It was his least expressive Aranjuez in a while, though. He was clearly rushing to get to the end. Disappointed he won the long program with it, but those quads? Wow. The trickiness of the entry (as explained to me by gkelly, so thanks), the ice coverage and height, the beautiful explosiveness.

Daisuke Takahashi: Solid skate. Not quite the orgasmic joy people are asserting, but a great program well skated. He was very focused throughout, and I thought it lost some of the sly eroticism the piece can have, but it's Dai. He's still the most expressive skater out there. Would've had it in first.

Yuzuru Hanyu: Well, that was a demonstration of grit. So glad he didn't go to 4CC this year. Probably would've had him behind Dai and Patrick. Still don't quite get him though. He's expressive and soulful, but there's a bit of clunkiness next to the top men. Love his fight

Glad for Contesti and van der Perren - probably my favourite journeyman. Disappointed for Song, Fernandez and Kozuka - was really hoping for more. Overall, though, a solid competition.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Oh great, so most of the people here, the crowd, most of the fans, blogs, commentators, everybody is wrong, Patrick did deserved higher PCS, actually 5 points more than Dai, and did deserve the victory in the FS by 3 points, falling, with a 2S, and uninspiring performance over an almost perfect one. Well, only Patrick and his fans know the truth about this. Ok.
    I think I'm done here, let the cheating go on forever and ever.

Exactly. But I really hope that this judging trend should stop by Sochi. We, fans do not know what is really going on in the background. Maybe it is time to do something about it.

Banned
    That is what chan haters have to hope for he needs to make mistakes for his rivals to have a chance the funny thing it is Chan that has elevated that sport by including all these quads before his rivals were playing it safe it forced them to up the ante to get to his level and they still can`t.

Page 59 of 85 FirstFirst ... 9 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... LastLast