Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast
Results 886 to 900 of 1262

Thread: Men Free Skates

  1. #886
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Beyond Neverland
    Posts
    1,238
    Just want to add this is my dream podium

    Except I'd probably have Hanyu and Patrick reversed. Sorry I live for my art more than my sport (that's why i have no business being a judge but a fan) and I am sooooo very chuffed for Hanyu and his Romeo and Juliet program with the highest TES score complete with the 3S at the end. I have always express Hanyu has brought a fresh raw edge with utter abandonment to his performance only reckless youth of a sunny and courageous disposition are capable of. Hanyu took this program to a whole other level of authenticity that has whiff of melancholy through out that simply lingers in the silent moments of music that I thought he realized very well. His age being so similar to Romeo in the story surely also helps. Maybe having been through a lot over these past 12 months brought a whole other level to his emotional maturity. I was totally choked up for him in the end to see how utterly spent he was after given out his all, came back fighting through the freak fall during the foot sequence. It is just nice to see his talent and hard work properly rewarded and recogised by the judges finally, and to make it sweeter, totally appreciated by the knowledgeable audience who knows plenty about their 'amour' even before the score got read out. It is undoubtedly the 2012 world championship moment for me to remember fondly.

    I thought Patrick was the rightful winner of the competition, but the judges are certainly making it very difficult for fans of his to consistently have to stand up for him in the face of questionable judging. Hanyu and Dai had higher base scores in their program than patrick which they performed with better interpretation, musicality in their choreography, good skating skills as well Dai actually goes out clean. Patrick won purely by PCS this time round with Time violation, and deduction for the falls and even as much I have always appreciate Patrick and his skills, I though Dai and Hanyu deserve better today. Nick and Chris of UK Eurosport complained since the short program and continued to at FS scores and I'd have to agree with them in this case. What would Dai have to do to win over Patrick Chan?

    Maybe they should add an extra criteria to award others who are able to perform their program clean as oppose to penalize the mistakes by approximation.

    Well done Brian Joubert!! I have no words...except Kuodos. 4th is pretty good but others were just better on the day.
    Last edited by os168; 03-31-2012 at 07:31 PM.

  2. #887
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Btw, who was the commentator for universal sports?

    that guy is awful! when Yuzuru landed his quad, he said "there it is, look how......simple....not simple, very difficult"

    Fail...
    Peter Carruthers was the higher voice, lower was Mr. Sunderland who is a dunderhead when it comes to figure skating... Peter spent more time during the pairs portion of the competition correcting Sunderland's incorrect info...

    Sunderland even said Russia had a skater on every ladies worlds podium since 2005 *facepalm* Terry Gannon is commentating for Golf this weekend which is why he wasn't doing Worlds coverage

  3. #888
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Peter Carruthers was the higher voice, lower was Mr. Sunderland who is a dunderhead when it comes to figure skating... Peter spent more time during the pairs portion of the competition correcting Sunderland's incorrect info...

    Sunderland even said Russia had a skater on every ladies worlds podium since 2005 *facepalm* Terry Gannon is commentating for Golf this weekend which is why he wasn't doing Worlds coverage
    Wow this guy does not know his information! Man, he ruined the whole entire performance for me with his lame comments.....

    Heck, I can even do a better job. That's how sad he is...

  4. #889
    and... World Peace! Tonichelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Kenai, AK
    Posts
    18,666
    Yeah I was really disappointed with Sunderland... I thought Tanith, Peter, and Tara all did well inspite of him.

  5. #890
    Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Hollywood, CA
    Posts
    4,011
    I predicted the podium perfectly, yay me.

    I'm extremely happy for Hanyu, his medal was deserved.

    Takahashi should have won Gold. The way that Patrick Chan is so held up in this sport is gross. His famed skating skills and transitions are only slightly better than Takahashi's and in terms of actually performing and understanding music and moving to it he is well behind. Should have had lower PCS than Takahashi in both phases of this competition and blowing that last jump in his program should have knocked him down to Silver overall and 3rd in the LP.

  6. #891
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Oh poor Javier! :(

    Chin up, you still had an overall good year. And hey, you still went up a spot this year at Worlds! (He was 10th). I think he has a good future ahead of him. This will be a blip in the long run...
    True. This is all learning for him, I mean Yuna didn't become a champion without having her set of troubles. I think he has gained tons of experience and this will only help him to get better and better.

  7. #892
    Figure Skating Fan Hikaru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Panama
    Posts
    854
    Quote Originally Posted by Medusa View Post
    Oh please, the crowd also goes nuts for KVDP - would you want him as World Champion? If this was a sport where the crowd decides who wins - welcome to American Idol on ice.
    Interesting concept! who would play Steve, J-Lo and Randy?

  8. #893
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    Just want to remind you that Bruno was burnt to death because he didn't believe the Earth was the center of the universe, against the mass belief in that era.
    Lol at this desperate attempt of an uber to say how ignorant everyone else except Chan's ubers. And what does this bruno want us to believe in? That an uninspiring program with errors and a ridiculous fall is some ideal perfection that should be an aim for everyone? Oh well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    The crowd booed at Chan to indicate that they were angry with the unfair results. What other way could they find to indicate to those judges that they didn't agree to the score given to Patrick Chan? They booed at one judge when they could, but there was no other way to show them that it wasn't fair. Sometimes you have to do something that is not very polite to show disapproval. The crowd has the right to show those judges that they don't agree with the cheating and pre-determined results. Congrats to them to have the guts and not pretend everything is OK with this result.
    Some people should watch other sports as well, at least occasionally. Booing is quite a common practice for the audience to react when they see cheating from judges. They were booing judges first of all, not even Patrick himself but the unfair judgement that made him a leader unfairly . Viva La France!

  9. #894
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    I've watched all the top bunch of LPs again, and no matter how many times I re-watch the programs, I really, really don't understand the PCS difference between Daisuke and Patrick. Can anyone more knowledgeable than I in the ways of CoP please explain the 4+ point difference in PCS between the two? I thought the difference in Performance/Execution was the most egregious. Patrick received a 9.00 while Daisuke had a 8.61. I know you can't compare scoring across different events, but to put this into perspective, Patrick received a 9.04 in PE at 4CC with an infinitely better performance (and 90.16 in total PCS, a mere 0.02 more than the 90.14 at Worlds). Looking at the criteria for PE (clarity of movement, projection, physical, emotional and intellectual involvement, etc), I don't see how ANYONE can justify how Patrick received almost a full half-point more than Daisuke in this category given how they both skated the LP.

    I just don't understand.

  10. #895
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Lol at this desperate attempt of an uber to say how ignorant everyone else except Chan's ubers. And what does this bruno want us to believe in? That an uninspiring program with errors and a ridiculous fall is some ideal perfection that should be an aim for everyone? Oh well.
    FYI - Patrick is not the bruno, the nine judges and three tech specialists, all professionally trained, are. The mass doesn't always know the truth, simple as that. I am in a good mood today since Patrick won, so I will let you win this argument. No more words from me. Good night.
    Last edited by Boeing787; 03-31-2012 at 10:01 PM.

  11. #896
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,037
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I've watched all the top bunch of LPs again, and no matter how many times I re-watch the programs, I really, really don't understand the PCS difference between Daisuke and Patrick. Can anyone more knowledgeable than I in the ways of CoP please explain the 4+ point difference in PCS between the two? I thought the difference in Performance/Execution was the most egregious. Patrick received a 9.00 while Daisuke had a 8.61. I know you can't compare scoring across different events, but to put this into perspective, Patrick received a 9.04 in PE at 4CC with an infinitely better performance (and 90.16 in total PCS, a mere 0.02 more than the 90.14 at Worlds). Looking at the criteria for PE (clarity of movement, projection, physical, emotional and intellectual involvement, etc), I don't see how ANYONE can justify how Patrick received almost a full half-point more than Daisuke in this category given how they both skated the LP.

    I just don't understand.
    I don't understand either, and I don't think I ever will. PCs are a joke....

    Patrick didn't skate lights out, he skated SMART (he said this himself). I think a true World Champion is suppose to deliver a compelling performance, much like the one he did last year.
    Last edited by Becki; 03-31-2012 at 10:11 PM.

  12. #897
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,198
    Quote Originally Posted by Boeing787 View Post
    FYI - Patrick is not the bruno, the nine judges and three tech specialists, all professionally trained, are. The mass doesn't always know the truth, simple as that.
    Well, it's not like the judges are always 100% correct either. Remember that professionally-trained judges used to give high 7s and 8s in Transitions to Plushenko despite the fact that he admitted he hardly had any?

  13. #898
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by evangeline View Post
    I've watched all the top bunch of LPs again, and no matter how many times I re-watch the programs, I really, really don't understand the PCS difference between Daisuke and Patrick. Can anyone more knowledgeable than I in the ways of CoP please explain the 4+ point difference in PCS between the two? I thought the difference in Performance/Execution was the most egregious. Patrick received a 9.00 while Daisuke had a 8.61. I know you can't compare scoring across different events, but to put this into perspective, Patrick received a 9.04 in PE at 4CC with an infinitely better performance (and 90.16 in total PCS, a mere 0.02 more than the 90.14 at Worlds). Looking at the criteria for PE (clarity of movement, projection, physical, emotional and intellectual involvement, etc), I don't see how ANYONE can justify how Patrick received almost a full half-point more than Daisuke in this category given how they both skated the LP.

    I just don't understand.
    Patrick's performance in 4CC was not that great due to the altitude. If you compare his 4CC performance with his national and GPF performance, you will notice his speed in 4CC was a bit slower. He was visibly tired after the program. Aslo, different judges will have score differently. Let's take this factor into account.

  14. #899
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,609
    His speed at Worlds wasn't that great - he was rushing by the end because he was considerably behind the music.

    I think evangeline is taking it into account. She's just trying to reconcile what the judges scored with what she saw. I am as well.

  15. #900
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    His speed at Worlds wasn't that great - he was rushing by the end because he was considerably behind the music.
    You can't be certain. Considerably behind the music doesn't necessarily mean lower speed. Just saying.

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •