Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1262

Thread: Men Free Skates

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FTnoona View Post
    British Eurosport Versions

Takahashi
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOlXu...nPQnFzQmxmk%3D

Hanyu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0RBt...k8u0pHqtG4A%3D

Closing Comments for the Men's FS
    Interesting comments by the commentators. Are either of them current coaches? Just want to know how reliable their comments are.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5m7xF...qcNiEAPZF80%3D

These are all that I can find for now.
    Thanks for the upload. I love Eurosport version the best, they are very fair and dont bias too much. Love their comment on gymnastics too.

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    I dont know why (Mr. Cinquanta) keeps coming, I ve been to so many comps, he either partly booed or dead silence/ not applause when he is announced.
    Aw. I would clap for him if I were there.

my vcr crapped out so I've missed my chance at watching the men... oh well...

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Hanyu interview

What he says for a 17 year old is all kinds of awesome
    sort of g translation.
    Sounds like Hanyu and Plushenko have a mutual admiration society going on.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    How can that kind of performance deserve 9.0s in presentation when his executed choreography doesn't match the music? It was obvious to everyone, so it must be obvious to the judges as well.
    uh...because these components have MANY other considerations besides just timing and 9.0 doesn't mean it's perfect?

Are you implying the judges chose to ignore it because they judged based on who was skating rather than what they were seeing?
    I imply no such thing. So long as no 10s or near 10s are awarded for this skate, I feel the scores are justifiable. I may not agree with them but I can see why. Judging is never black or white, so long as you can reasonably justify it, then there it's fine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    eh...yes, thanks for stating the obvious. He lost about 4 seconds due to the fall, surely, that will add more delays, hence the eventual time violation. How do you know judges have not taken this into consideration?...
    My post was about whether Chan fully recovered from the fall or not. Your argument regarding how the judges did about it and so on has nothing to do with it.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Sounds like Hanyu and Plushenko have a mutual admiration society going on.
    Hanyu's idol is Johnny Weir, or has that changed? Johnny Weir's idol is Plushenko. I think the 3 of them are made for each other.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    My post was about whether Chan fully recovered from the fall or not. Your argument regarding how the judges did about it and so on has nothing to do with it.

That may be what you think but that's not what you wrote.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by doctor2014 View Post
    I don’t know much about PCS in pairs and ice dance since I don’t follow them too much. I’m talking about PCS in men’s field. I can’t think of any example that ISU has ever allowed one single country to have more than one skater to consistently score 80+ on PCS.
    The thing you need to recall is that getting eights for PCS is actually a recent phenomenon. Stephane Lambiel's "Poeta" is a legendary program from a legendary skater, but it barely skimmed into the eights at Euros 2008. Evan Lysacek and Jeffrey Buttle won worlds without getting PCS in the eights. It's only been recently - during the Olympic season, we saw eights being used more regularly. Secondly, how often did two skaters from the same nation deserve 8+ (from the past three seasons, remember)? Really, only Japan (Kozuka and Takahashi) does, and at last year's worlds, both scored eights in the LP.
    Last edited by ImaginaryPogue; 04-01-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Custom Title
    In COR, Javier had a 3.79-point margin over Hanyu on PCS, yet Hanyu obviously had much better skating skills. How could someone think that Javier “wuzrobbed”?
    In Russia, Hanyu was overmarked in the SP. He deserved -1 deduction (many people said so) but the panel didn't notice. That alone is enough to override the margin of 0.03 points. Hanyu and his coach were clearly surprised to see the SP score (same reaction as the FS in Nice). His "similar" SP at GPF was 3 points lower than CoR.
    Last edited by NMURA; 04-01-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Custom Title
    This is so true! All men and ladies got a PCS boost at the Japanese Nationals compared to their PCSs at international competitions. Hanyu was the only exception, and he received lower PCS at the Japanese Nationals than at international competitions e.g. Worlds and even GPF.
    That will surely change after this season.

And some people thought he wouldn't be a strong force until 2018 Olympics, Hanyu is showing them he is not the future, but the present

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Hanyu's idol is Johnny Weir, or has that changed? Johnny Weir's idol is Plushenko. I think the 3 of them are made for each other.
    Ab, Plu I know since The Ice 2010 they spent time together, I d seen a fluff and Hanyu wears his bracelet as good luck. He also predicted him for podium. I think Weir has designed some costumes of his and he also twitted about him good luck. There is room for many idols

Custom Title
    That may be what you think but that's not what you wrote.
    I wrote "He was thenceforth chasing the music till the end when the time clock proved to everyone that he failed a full recovery from the fall." My point: Some errors have a sustaining impact. Patrick's fall was one of them.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Well Canada needs some help for three men the worst Reynolds can be is 12th so if Abbott and Ten can help out it allows some room for Patrick to simply podium. It is a little unfair to put pressure on Paddy to get gold with Takahashi, Fernadez, hanyu, Joubert swarming around like sharks ready for the kill.
    Don't you know PChan has his 'Minions', namely the ISU judges, protecting him 24/7??? lol

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Aw. I would clap for him if I were there.
    WHY? Because none wants to play with him?
    You wont get a free ticket for next worlds anyway

Page 69 of 85 FirstFirst ... 19 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 ... LastLast