World Idol | Page 2 | Golden Skate

World Idol

mike79

On the Ice
guinevere said:
Mike79 - I disagree about Heinz. I think he probably would have made top 10 in the US, for the same reason he did so well in World Idol: his looks. There are lots and lots of teenyboppers (of all ages, heh) who would vote repeatedly for a good looking guy with a mediocre voice. I think Heinz would have made it to top 5, even.

I agree that Peter would never have made US Top 10 - but only because of his choice in musical style, not because he isn't talented enough. And that's a shame. (ps I absolutely lurve that Peter 'proved' himself pop-worthy in his own country by singing La Vida Loca. Now THAT's brave!)

guinevere

Peter actually sang that song? That just proves that what Simon said about him was true-He's a sheep in wolves' clothing.

I completely agree that Heinz could be voted for on his looks, but talent-wise the guy is really bad. I almost hated his performance as much as I couldn't stand Alexander doing Maniac. That was just a monstrosity.

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
world idol

I didn't watch it at all...but I'm glad that, as Realtorgal (a voice teacher on the side, so she knows what she's talking about...) said, someone with a real voice won, and not just a pretty face. There really is justice in the world =)

Now, Realtorgal- would Kurt be able to sing against Josh Groban?

guinevere

Final Flight
mike79 said:
Peter actually sang that song?
They showed a clip of him singing it during the Belgian Idol competition - it looked like they made him sing a non-rock song to prove that he was versatile. I don't think this strains his credibility any more than any of the contestants who have been made to sing outside their confort zone (like all the AI1 contestants singing '40s-style, AI2 contestants singing Disco) - just shows he was willing to show his versatility. It seemed pretty clear that he was doing it to go further in the competition, not because it was a style he wanted to sing in.

guinevere

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
RealtorGal:

I only watched about ten minutes worth. I did not think any of them could sing!!!! Still don't.

Blade1

On the Ice
Yeh, I watched World Idol on Christmas Day & saw the results show on New Years Day and I've got to agree with everyone who said that they were disapointed with the show. Because I too was disapointed. I think what really turned me away from the show was the judges mainly. They were just trying to out do each other in "who can give the best line to insult each contestant" The Polish judge was just terrible RUDE, and shouldn't even have been there. Its that bad when you have an Idol from the same country telling their own judge that she "hates him"

For the show on Christmas Day we had our host Brian Mulruny host the show in Canada. I kinda figured each host from each country would do the same.

As for the final result. Was glad to see Kurt won. He did have an amazing voice. Sounded alot like Bono for sure, but was definitly happy he won.

I just hope they don't do this again next year. Personally its just for "ratings" the way I see it. And to promote the idols I suppose. The winner just recieved an award, no money.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
Blade1 said:
I just hope they don't do this again next year. Personally its just for "ratings" the way I see it. And to promote the idols I suppose. The winner just recieved an award, no money.

Are you kidding? Kurt's career is skyrocketing as a result of the international exposure he received on this show!:love:

guinevere

Final Flight
I agree with RealtorGal - if Kelly had won, as predicted, there would have been minimal impact, but having someone with no international exposure won means great things for their career.

Also: Kurt is the second person connected to Anywhere Idol whose record I would ever consider buying - the only other person is Tamyra.

guinevere

Blade1

On the Ice
OK OK I agree, having this show is great for the "IDOL'S" themselves. Getting the spotlight throughout the World. And for that it helps them with their career in the business. I just was really turned off by the judges. So IF they ever had a World Idol 2 - forget about the judges and their stupid comments. After all its US - the rest of the World who really make the final decision based on our votes right ???