Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Can Volosozhar/Trankov push Savchenko/Szolkowy from the top pair position?

PJ Kwon picked the two black swan programs-Ashley and V/T to watch before the gala on CBC. I think the LP was good. It
    could have been more dramatic, and Morozov does seem to understand he cannot do crazy stuff with the pairs. I think he did a good job with their LP. His hideous choreo for Alena is another matter. Her SP grew on me, but her LP is simply awful. So I was surprised his best work this season was with a pair. Why can't they work with Moskvina? Is she devoted to Kavaguti/Smirnov? She has had two top couples before, most memorably D/k and B/S. I love her. I would like to see Moskvina coach with Marina Zueva do next year for V/T I agree about magilla gorilla Trankov. He has some ego, eh? Wish he'd be humble. Judges expect that.

Custom Title
    V/T will most likely win Sochi given home country advantage, provided Trankov keeps his nerves. The state he was in after SP reminded me of how he was after Vancouver SP. It would help if they had better choreography but that seems to be a very small issue, given the way they are scored as of now. S/S will unfortunately decline, a real shame. Didn't Maxim & Maria work with Moskvina for a while and it didn't work? Moskvina may be frustrated with K/S and the thought that she will finish the last decade of her distinguished career with less than satisfactory records, but I doubt she wants to take on V/T.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by StellaCampo View Post
    Didn't Maxim & Maria work with Moskvina for a while and it didn't work? Moskvina may be frustrated with K/S and the thought that she will finish the last decade of her distinguished career with less than satisfactory records, but I doubt she wants to take on V/T.
    The problem is that she tried to take MMMT but kicked them out (with a very polite remark though) because those two fought too much. Dmitriev tried to work with them too but with no success either.
    So, Moskvina is out of reach and Tchernyshev's too. He won't do choreo for them because now he's a Moskvina's team choreographer.

Speaking of Maxim's ego it was interisting to read in a recent interview Tatiana openly saying how Trankov was lacking confiedence and belief in himself and that it was quiet shocking to her. I'd never think that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdeal View Post
    Actually they could win here if Trankov wouldn't start to hit his own chest during the last spin like a gorilla arrogantly showing first with his finger.
    I think that hurted them more than 0,11 points....
    ACtually I'm happy they didn't do it.
    This guy looks great but seems to be a "case" which difficult to handle.
    It is the bad luck of Voloshozar, but -at least- she got a partner who can skate...
    trankov is arrogant!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2