Men's Long article - Anna Kondakova | Golden Skate

Men's Long article - Anna Kondakova

How nice of Patrick to mention Mr. Colson, and to say what he said about owing his career to the venerable coach. I also loved that he specifically mentioned Hanyu as skating so superbly. Good sportsmanship in a winner is always an attractive trait. I just found his program on YouTube, and I could watch it with insights provided in the article.

Thank goodness the men's long program contained so many wonderful skates! Between Hanyu, Joubert, Chan, Takahashi, and some of the others, it became a really rewarding competition to watch. We certainly can't say this year that the winner was the least bad of the skaters. All of the top guys did themselves proud.

skatinginbc

Medalist
“I always have weird falls,” he (Chan) joked. “It isn’t me if I don’t make at least one freaky mistake."--That says something weird about figure skating. Someone who makes at least one freaky mistake is arguably the world's best figure skater ever.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
“I always have weird falls,” he (Chan) joked. “It isn’t me if I don’t make at least one freaky mistake."--That says something weird about figure skating. Someone who makes at least one freaky mistake is arguably the world's best figure skater ever.

You love counting errors but CoP is much more than this.

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker

Because others make serious mistakes.

And he does not make at least one freaky mistake every competition. He made a few this season so he makes fun of himself.

spikydurian

Medalist
It shows Patrick's ability of laugh at himself. Love this young man.:love:

treeloving

Medalist
Thank you for a great interview and article.

I love how Chan joke about himself.

And I love that Yuzuru never forget about people who experience the distaster in his home region, I hope his skate last night will give people hope.