Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Evan Lysacek's return?

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by amber68 View Post
    Hey, why "unknowledgeable /uneducated"?
    Plush live is something else and I don't feel neither uneducated nor unknowledgeable because I appreciate him. Maybe just obsolete
    It was an attempt to sarcasm from worlds thread, I obviously think the contrary

Bluebonnet, the more the legency the more the criticism, don't worry Chan will get there!!!That's meant to be good btw!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Bluebonnet, the more the legency the more the criticism, don't worry Chan will get there!!!That's meant to be good btw!

Custom Title
    Mmmm I think both him and Wier are just doing publicity stuff and when it time for real, they prob going to have tons of excuses to bail. Evan has great jump technique, minus the 3A and consistent quad, which will be enough for top 10 given Olym Champ bonus on PCS.

But no quad + great 3A = zero chance of getting on the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Mmmm I think both him and Wier are just doing publicity stuff and when it time for real, they prob going to have tons of excuses to bail. Evan has great jump technique, minus the 3A and consistent quad, which will be enough for top 10 given Olym Champ bonus on PCS.

But no quad + great 3A = zero chance of getting on the podium.
    Weir said he turned down some shows to train. If that is true, then I think Weir is seriously about making a comeback.

Evan, I always thought it was for publicity. Without the 3A, Evan is not going to be competitive at all. Without the quad, he *might* be able to crack top 10 given his OGM status, but not likely if other guys are doing well. I think is first GP competition will be Skate America, which Daisuke is most likely to participate in given that Skate Canada will be Patrick's pick, and Yuzuru will probably stay within Asia-Europe. Would be interesting to see what happens....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    Weir said he turned down some shows to train. If that is true, then I think Weir is seriously about making a comeback.

Evan, I always thought it was for publicity. Without the 3A, Evan is not going to be competitive at all. Without the quad, he *might* be able to crack top 10 given his OGM status, but not likely if other guys are doing well. I think is first GP competition will be Skate America, which Daisuke is most likely to participate in given that Skate Canada will be Patrick's pick, and Yuzuru will probably stay within Asia-Europe. Would be interesting to see what happens....
    The order of GP series anounce yet??? Chan is in for SC and NHK will pick Dai for sure. TEB will be Hanyu for sure given how much the french love him.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    The order of GP series anounce yet??? Chan is in for SC and NHK will pick Dai for sure. TEB will be Hanyu for sure given how much the french love him.
    Nono, but this is my speculation.

Daisuke either does SC or SA. He did SC this year, and with Patrick as the poster child for SC, Daisuke will probably go to SA. I think NHK will be his second pick 'cause they love Dai. For Hanyu, I have a feeling CoC or CoR again, as the Chinese fans love him too!!

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    I hope Hanyu does TEB or CoR,cause I want to go in one of those two! I havent seen him live since he entered seniors. And I would die to see him against Plushenko in forthcoming competitions.

I m far from a fan but I bet if Lysacek comes back he would be on podium. He is consistent, he gets levels, his 3axel was not like it was marked properly anyway, he has programs with super known music that maximize the elements, even without quad, he gets the high pcs, I think he will challenge the podiums, for Gps for sure,nationals too, Worlds dunno, maybe. It's not like I m thrilled to see him podium but I think people talk like podiums are only about skills and the "best" skater, and they forget he is consistent and he would be the returning OC. I m sure he will be placed above many skaters that are "better" , like Abott for example, unless the latter has the skate of his life internationally.
    Besides you dont need the quad when you are the allround packet.
    Ok the last one it is in jest.
    Last edited by seniorita; 04-05-2012 at 03:14 AM.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Other Lysacek news: his first trip as Sports Envoy for State Dept.

"(April 6) The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs has named Olympic gold medalist figure skater Evan Lysacek as a Sports Envoy. On his inaugural trip done in partnership with U.S. Figure Skating, Lysacek will travel to Stockholm, Sweden and Minsk, Belarus April 6 – 13.

While in Sweden, Lysacek will hold ice skating clinics with youth from the Stockholm area, organized in cooperation with the non-governmental organization Sports Without Borders. In Minsk, from April 11 - 13, Lysacek will conduct clinics with the Skating Union of Belarus and speak with students of the University of Physical Culture about the importance of sports in society. He will also attend a competition for wheelchair fencers and wheelchair dancers."

Comments:
    Although the State Dept. has had many Sports Envoys, Lysacek is the first from figure skating.
    (Michelle Kwan's official title is "American Public Diplomacy Envoy" for the State Dept. -- Cal Ripken, Jr., and Ken Griffey, Jr., are the only two others.)

Banned
    A quadless Evan plan on coming back ?

Yuzuru, Chan, Takahashi, Fernandez even Pluschenko will eat him

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

He could beat Fernandez maybe since he is inconsistent. Even someone like Feranndez it would depend solely on how he skated though and none on how an old Evan skates.

Like subtlety in ice dancing Serious Business's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post

Would they? Evan is kinda stringy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    Would they? Evan is kinda stringy.
    Of course they would. Figure skaters need to watch their weight and thus generally prefer lean meats.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    If Evan and Weir does comeback they will be pressed at nationals- two spots only- Abott, Adam, Farriss. Five skaters and two spots. They would need to show up during the Grand Prix. If Weir or Evan just show up at nationals- I say it will be a fail. Yes Evan can potential finish in top 10 without a quad but he will be rolling the dice against Plushenko,Chan , Daisuke, Hanyu, Joubert, Armodio, Brezina, Kozuka,Abbott, Ten, Oda,Fernandez, and Artur. Who are not working on geting back in shape but on getting even stronger and better then they were this year.

Custom Title
    There's certainly more than five skaters. I'd argue that Ross Miner is a strong contender

Custom Title
    If Evan can get himself back into top form, quad or no, he will have one thing that many American men currently lack: steadiness. The way he powers through a competition, even if he's sick or injured, might make him a compelling candidate. He might not make it to the top internationally, given the way skating has advanced in the last few years, but he might end up in a higher place than any current American. I'm sorry to say that, because it would be nice if we had someone who left Evan in the dust. We may have to wait for Nathan Chen.

Mind you, I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong on my last point!
    Last edited by Olympia; 04-07-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast