Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Exhibition?

Quote Originally Posted by seniorita View Post
    Buttercup what is GFB?
    Generic female ballad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Wow. I think that EX might have been the best thing Patrick Chan has ever done. I've always considered him artistic, but I think this was at a new level. Scary as it is, this seems to suggest that he might just be scratching the surface of his abilities. I'd love to see him bring something like this to competition next season. Bravo. (And Bravo to Jeff Buttle, who seems to have tapped into an emotional level that I didn't realize Chan had.)
    Yes, I finally saw Patrick's exhibition program, and it's phenomenal. Gorgeous choreography by Buttle, and Patrick does it justice. Awesome!

Custom Title
    Okay, seriously, what the he!! Is up with the French's obsession with "It's Raining Men"??????????

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Generic female ballad.
    Hahha, I uncrypted it as GirlFriendBoyfriend situation songs, bottom line... it is pretty much the same

Thanks for the vid! You have to admit that A/J edge P/B at lifts.

Carolina 's exhibition is amazing and this version of the song too, I liked also her early season exhibition of Carmen by Lambiel
    Last edited by seniorita; 04-02-2012 at 08:07 AM.

Custom Title
    Jeffrey Buttle is a very good choreographer and I'm surprised he isn't in greater demand.
    Because Jeffrey Buttle's choreography won't stand out unless skated with great skills, unlike Mozorov's, which makes not-so-great skaters look greater than they are.
    Last edited by skatinginbc; 04-02-2012 at 08:46 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatinginbc View Post
    Because Jeffrey Buttle's choreography won't stand out unless skated with great skills, unlike Mozorov's, which makes not-so-great skaters look greater than they are.
    Amen to that!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingfan04 View Post
    Wow. I think that EX might have been the best thing Patrick Chan has ever done. I've always considered him artistic, but I think this was at a new level. Scary as it is, this seems to suggest that he might just be scratching the surface of his abilities. I'd love to see him bring something like this to competition next season. Bravo. (And Bravo to Jeff Buttle, who seems to have tapped into an emotional level that I didn't realize Chan had.)
    I think if he keeps his Aranjuez LP, he might give us a program like this next season.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-02-2012 at 11:26 AM.

Banned
    that was terrible, Leonova had a what was that ?
    orange bra under a transparent long sleeve

Mororzov is such a .....

Rooting for the divas with Kwanford Spun Silver's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I think if he keeps his Aranjuez LP, he might give us a program like this next season.
    Oh, please! Can't the guy change programs like (almost) everyone else? If he's the best ever, why can't he deal with new material?

*Note to self: Hold further emotion until he announces his 2012-13 programs.*

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post
    Oh, please! Can't the guy change programs like (almost) everyone else? If he's the best ever, why can't he deal with new material?

I agree (but not with the same emotion lol). Would love to see 2 brand new programs from him for next season. I think it's time.

Virtue and Moir's exhibition was a bit unpolished, not the kind of program i love most. Last year i played their "wanna hold you hand" exhibition which i loved, and i tried playing it with the music from "romeo and juliet"( kissing you music) and it suited them so well. Would love to see them skating to something so romantic.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Well, it's the first time they've skated that exhibition. I presume after WTT, they'll have time to polish it up and improve it for the Canadian SOI season. It seems to me that I remember an interview with Tanith during some of the US coverage where she said that the dancers mostly choreograph their own exhibitions, so it's not surprising if it takes a while for them to gel.

Custom Title
    I wish Chan could keep this exhibition for next year. It's worth of keeping it! It does look a bit like John Curry.

Quote Originally Posted by Spun Silver View Post

Well, that might be the exchange and sacrifice he made for technically being on the top form in such difficult choreography. Chan has had two new exhibition numbers in a year. It doesn't appear that he learns new programs slower than other skaters.
    Last edited by Bluebonnet; 04-04-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Edgy Details
    I just watched gala, and I must admit, Pang/Tong did amazing job with Liebestraum. I had tears in my eyes. It was wonderfully choreographed. So many nice details. Slow part focused on choreography and a sudden acceleration with difficult technical elements. And slow again. Just wow.
    I also enjoyed Chan, Hanyu and Takahashi.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3