Exhibition? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Exhibition?

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
I only caught the last few exhibition numbers and am watching the program on CBC site now. Really like Joubert's skate, very different from his usual style but beautiful.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I watched some of it but I always find the galas rather anti-climactic compared to the competition.. I liked Ashley Wagner though.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
Wow. I think that EX might have been the best thing Patrick Chan has ever done. I've always considered him artistic, but I think this was at a new level. Scary as it is, this seems to suggest that he might just be scratching the surface of his abilities. I'd love to see him bring something like this to competition next season. Bravo. (And Bravo to Jeff Buttle, who seems to have tapped into an emotional level that I didn't realize Chan had.)

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Jeffrey Buttle is a very good choreographer and I'm surprised he isn't in greater demand. If I'm not mistaken, he choreographed Jeremy Ten's lovely Single Man program, and I think he worked with Fedor Andreev (when Fedor was still trying to skate in singles) and had a hand in at least one of Javier Fernandez's programs this year. There are some really good choreographers out there and I wish skaters would look beyond the few super-popular ones for their competition programs (though Carolina can stay with Lori Nichol if she continues doing programs like this year's).

Galas used to be a lot more fun. Why are so many skaters skating to GFBs and otherwise boring music? And why does everyone skate to the same Adele song? She has more than one! Thank god for TakaTran and P/B.

Amodio and Joubert's lift was also a highlight - is it on Youtube? - and they both gave good performances.

ETA: it is! Also - the French team comes out for a photo up at the end :biggrin:

Last edited:

spikydurian

Medalist
Thanks for all the vids uploads.
I like Brian's EX. Emotional piece. Good looking dude too. ;)
Carolina looks like a model on ice. Gorgeous simple yet elegant dress. Beautiful piece and one of my favourite songs. :)

Wow. I think that EX might have been the best thing Patrick Chan has ever done. I've always considered him artistic, but I think this was at a new level. Scary as it is, this seems to suggest that he might just be scratching the surface of his abilities. I'd love to see him bring something like this to competition next season. Bravo. (And Bravo to Jeff Buttle, who seems to have tapped into an emotional level that I didn't realize Chan had.)

Yes, I finally saw Patrick's exhibition program, and it's phenomenal. Gorgeous choreography by Buttle, and Patrick does it justice. Awesome!

SGrand

Final Flight
Okay, seriously, what the he!! Is up with the French's obsession with "It's Raining Men"??????????

seniorita

Record Breaker
Last edited:

skatinginbc

Medalist
Jeffrey Buttle is a very good choreographer and I'm surprised he isn't in greater demand.
Because Jeffrey Buttle's choreography won't stand out unless skated with great skills, unlike Mozorov's, which makes not-so-great skaters look greater than they are.

Last edited:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker

I think if he keeps his Aranjuez LP, he might give us a program like this next season.;)

Last edited:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
that was terrible, Leonova had a what was that ?
orange bra under a transparent long sleeve

Mororzov is such a ..... :rolleye:

I think if he keeps his Aranjuez LP, he might give us a program like this next season.;)
Oh, please! Can't the guy change programs like (almost) everyone else? If he's the best ever, why can't he deal with new material?

*Note to self: Hold further emotion until he announces his 2012-13 programs.*

SGrand

Final Flight
Oh, please! Can't the guy change programs like (almost) everyone else? If he's the best ever, why can't he deal with new material?

*Note to self: Hold further emotion until he announces his 2012-13 programs.*

I agree (but not with the same emotion lol). Would love to see 2 brand new programs from him for next season. I think it's time.