Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 2012 ISU World Team Trophy Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    But if we go by worlds and euros rules, Sotnikova would not be eligible either. Shw was born one day late.
    They are both age eligible, according to the team trophy rules.

Yeah! Lets get this party started. enlight78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    I don't mind your copying the Worlds/SB scores I compiled over at FSU but wish you had credited my effort (I notice you've edited out the SB scores of the skaters whose Worlds scores weren't their season bests): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/show...&postcount=157
    Sorry Sylvia; just did it right quick while I was at work; I should be thanking you for compiling most of the data.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by enlight78 View Post
    Sorry Sylvia; just did it right quick while I was at work; I should be thanking you for compiling most of the data.
    Thank you for acknowledging my scores compilation and thanks again for going the extra step with the data! How different would the final totals be if you used ALL Season Best scores?

I thought I was done with having to see Chan's sp again, getting kind of sick of it even tho it's a beautiful program.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Thank you for acknowledging my scores compilation and thanks again for going the extra step with the data! How different would the final totals be if you used ALL Season Best scores?
    Base on the participants' Seaons's Best the outcome would be

Gold or Silver Japan:11+7+10+8+11+7=54

Gold or Silver USA: 8+5+12+7+10+12=54

Bronze Canada:12+4+3+3+9+11=42

4th France:10+9+4+1+7+10=41

5th Russia:3+2+9+6+12+9=41

6th Italy:6+1+11+5+8+8=39

This makes it look like US has a real shot at gold against Japan and everyone else is fighting for bronze.

But if we go by worlds and euros rules, Sotnikova would not be eligible either. Shw was born one day late.
    Liza and Sheplen are listed as Substitutes

Hm, weird that Russia would prefer to send Sotnikova over Tukt this year even though the latter had a more successful season. Maybe they want Adelina to have more experience?

Custom Title
    My money's on Japan for the gold over Canada (who I think will get silver). I think Canada has more potential for first place finishes overall ( as well as what I'm guessing will be a good placement by the quickly improving Duhamel/Radford), but ladies singles will likely be a huge problem for us (though Japan has an equal downfall in the dance, singles counts for more here.) I'd guess USA for bronze (seriously lacking depth in pairs, and to some extent in ladies and mens as well), because I simply don't think the Russain team is strong enough. Unfortunately for the US and Canada, only having one entry for ice dance is gonna hurt.
    Last edited by skatingfan04; 04-07-2012 at 03:01 PM.

Hm, weird that Russia would prefer to send Sotnikova over Tukt this year even though the latter had a more successful season. Maybe they want Adelina to have more experience?
    Sotnikova I believe has a higher world ranking than Liza so that's why I believe she gets to go.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    Sotnikova I believe has a higher world ranking than Liza so that's why I believe she gets to go.
    Да, Sotnikova is higher than Tuktamysheva both in World Standings and Season's World Rankings.

Но ... does that suggest that Makarova chose not to have any WTT role? She is higher than Sotnikova in World Standings, and higher than Tuktamysheva and Shelepen on both lists.

ISU World Standings [2011/2012 season (100%) + 2010/2011 season (100%) + 2009/2010 season (70%)]
    Rank Points Name
    3 4245 Alena LEONOVA
    12 2560 Ksenia MAKAROVA
    14 2403 Adelina SOTNIKOVA
    22 1998 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
    28 1606 Polina SHELEPEN
    38 1264 Polina AGAFONOVA
    44 1121 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA

ISU Season's World Rankings (2011/2012 season)
    Rank Points Name
    3 2088 Alena LEONOVA
    9 1303 Adelina SOTNIKOVA
    14 1121 Polina KOROBEYNIKOVA
    15 1100 Julia LIPNITSKAIA
    17 992 Ksenia MAKAROVA
    18 983 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA
    24 860 Polina SHELEPEN

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    does that suggest that Makarova chose not to have any WTT role?
    I doubt it, that means the Rus Fed skipped her over for Sotnikova
    in fact, she will be competing in a B Competition next week

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I doubt it, that means the Rus Fed skipped her over for Sotnikova
    in fact, she will be competing in a B Competition next week
    You got that right After her long program at Worlds, Makarova was no longer needed, she kept 3 spots for next season. She probably wasn't even asked to boot. She has 2 grand prix events next season and I'm sure Russia will throw her some Senior B's every once in a while

Custom Title
    Japan sort of lucks out with this format. The focus is on singles skating which is their forte and in ice dance oddly enough they could be one spot away from say I and K or C and L realistically yet they are no where close score wise. Pretty lucky it is on ordinal points otherwise Japan might be more in trouble to say the US or Russia. Canada will be in trouble with the women and second men. USA will be okay now that they dumped Czisny. Who would have thought Czisny would place behind Lacoste at world's.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Japan sort of lucks out with this format.
    I wouldn't exactly call it luck. This is a made-for-Japanese-TV extravaganza, paid for by Japanese television networks and Japanese corporate sponsors. Of course they would choose a format that gave the home team a good chance.

Go Team Japan! I wish Japan (Dai and Akiko) would close the season with a bang and win the World team trophy! Who knows they can also win in Sochi!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast