Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Who will challenge Carolina Kostner in London, Canada?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Even with the current rules I am sure she would score over 70. By the Olympics she was reaching close to 80, she isnt going to lose 10 points by removing the spiral sequence which wasnt even a strong element for her anyway. At the very least she would score over Kostner's 66.5 PB in the SP under current rules. The judges always gave Kim higher PCS and GOE than Kostner, if she were at her best I dont see why that would change, especialy when they tend to boost those things based on difficulty anyway, which Kostner no longer has in comparision. Again it is hypothetical and I dont expect Kim to return anyway, but to create a fantasy Kostner which she never produces (skating cleanly) then implying Kim could only beat that once in her career when the scores and all logic say otherwise is ridiculous.
    Yes, Olympics. HUGE score at the Olympics. You seem to forget back in the day Kim can get 5+ points for a 2A. Not anymore.
    Kim would have to be her absolute best to reach 70. Don't think it will happen with her away from the competition for so long.
    Yes, if Kostner is perfect, the only time Kim would beat her would be when she was perfect herself.

Banned
    I'm fed up with stupid useless debates or Polls on Who is better than who? on skating boards.

They had their days. and under each scoring system, They did their best. They should be respected as they were.

Now , At last, Here comes ''Imaginary Caro''!!!! Don't you guys think that's too much? Gosh!! Now,for comparison's sake,We need Carolina Kostner that isn't even real.

Of course,''Imaginary Caro'' should be perfect. But, unfortunately and mysteriously ''Imaginary Yuna'' should be weaker than ''Real Yuna''.

At least, there have been no debates on ''imaginary Witt or Kwan'', as far as I know.

Can you imagine someone talking about ''If Witt got 3Lutz,3A, she would~~~''?

And That kind of comparison is like insulting Caro's great achievements in the real world.
    Last edited by johnny 80; 04-06-2012 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Yes, Olympics. HUGE score at the Olympics. You seem to forget back in the day Kim can get 5+ points for a 2A. Not anymore.
    Kim would have to be her absolute best to reach 70. Don't think it will happen with her away from the competition for so long.
    Yes, if Kostner is perfect, the only time Kim would beat her would be when she was perfect herself.
    You need to look at the TES scores more carefully, especially last year's worlds. Yuna didn't get 76+ in the past just because of her double Axel. The big GOE's were on everything, and the PCS were sky-high. If you'd actually look at my element by element break-down in my previous, you'd see that even with GOE factoring and no spiral, she'd only need to be clean to surpass 70 points. Not "absolute best". Just clean.

Custom Title
    When YuNa was active, it was alomost impossible for women to get level 4 in steps, but now it is frequent. YuNa can certainly get level 4 in steps now and get extra points.

Banned
    Now , I,m expecting seriously that ''Imaginary Flatt'' would beat ''Imaginary Yuna''...

Why couldn't she? I mean it. Someone has ability to rationalize that. I think somebody is simply a genius!!! He could slap Joseph Goebbels in the face.

I definitely believe that He could convince even Philip Hersh of her overwhelming victoy.
    Last edited by johnny 80; 04-06-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10