Dallas - Forth Worth Members please check in | Golden Skate

Dallas - Forth Worth Members please check in

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Praying everyone is safe and sound after the Tornado touchdown. As soon as you can safely check in, I hope that you do!

I second that. I just checked, and I gather that the tornado warnings for the area have expired, though there are still some warnings for north-central Texas. Stay safe, everyone!

(Yipes, I just realized I have not one but three friends visiting Texas right now. I hope they're either well away from the storms or are in a safe shelter. I also have buddies living in the Austin area; I'll check up on them, but I think it's away from the storm centers.)

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
my "second family" growing up live in the area and thankfully have all reported being safe and unharmed, but homes to the east and north of theirs were hit.

ryanbfan

On the Ice
I feel like I should respond to this now even though it was almost a month ago.

I wasn't hit, however the weather was pretty scary and stressful that day. I've only been in one tornado and it was in the middle of the night. It was kind of scary.

However I feel like this day trumps that... I had flown home from Tulsa and I had to take my computer into Best Buy. The first tornado already hit Dallas and Lancaster so I figured I should get my little errand done during the 'break'. Except when I was leaving Best Buy, our sirens were going off. My parents were really worried, lol.

As far as I know, the recovery process in the areas hit is doing okay. They reached out for donations but I haven't heard much else since.

If you guys are still looking for more info or want to see pictures/videos, here's a link.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/weather/stories/Severe-Storms-Building-to-the-West-145934445.html