Seabiscuit thread revisited...... | Golden Skate

Seabiscuit thread revisited......

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
I tried to find this thread in the archives, but I guess the past is really past.........oh well. Just saw this movie on DVD and loved it. Had tears in my eyes and everything. Now I've seen three of the top five possible Oscar picks, and though I loved "Master and Commander", and "Seabiscuit", so far it still "Lord of the Rings" for my number one pick......42

jenny12

Rinkside
I enjoyed Seabiscuit as well. It as well as Lost in Translation were
the only 2 summer movies I saw and enjoyed them both. Especially Lost in Translation.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
I loved Seabiscuit as well. But then I am "horse crazy" ! I also saw Master and Commander and The Return of the King. I think Return of the King will be the strongest Oscar contender. I also a saw Lost in Translation - great performance from Bill Murray.

Johar

Medalist
I also saw Seabiscuit and liked it. Though I would like to clarify that War Admiral was not "almost 18 hands high." He was as small as Seabiscuit.

Ladskater, do you ever watch horse racing?

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Really.......I have the documentary on Seabiscuit, and I don't remember that fact either way. War Admiral didn't look overly big on the screen.........nice piece of trivia...........42

Johar

Medalist
War was 15.2 hands high, according to the book "The Top 100 Racehorses of the 20th Century." He ranked #13, while Seabiscuit ranked at #25.