Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

Quote Originally Posted by Serious Business View Post
    It's too funny/weird/unfortunate/ironic/unironic? that my friend has a real goat-phobia (a phobia so obscure I can't even find an official word for it, and there are official words for almost every phobia there is) all his life (the prominent rectangular pupils of goats freak him out), and he winds up being the one to accidentally kill a goat. Also, I secretly rather enjoy "The Lonely Goatherd" song, I may not actually get sick of it! I hope the teams does the silliest possible schtick to it, 'cause it is a very silly song.

Do we have any word from junior ice dancing teams? I've been dying to find out what possible hip hop songs may be on tap for the junior SD next season.
    Bet we'll hear some Willow Smith somewhere
    I whip my hair back and forth
    I whip my hair back and forth...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    LP "Sleeping Beauty" by Tchaikovsky
    Choreo: Lori Nichol
    Love this and the SP to Dark Eyes. I don't mind that Dark Eyes is so overdone....Li Zijun is a baby ballerina and she can pull this off!

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Is this meant to be a joke??? (Sorry, I am the gullible type ...)

Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf
    "Discussed my new programs for the season with @DougMattis re-bleaching my hair and doing eminem billy idol medley for SP"
    10:19 PM - 15 Jun 12

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

"Discussed my new programs for the season with @DougMattis re-bleaching my hair and doing eminem billy idol medley for SP"

Knowing Jeremy...I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. This could potentially be interesting, beat Johnny Weir at his own game.

Custom Title
    http://skatecanada.ca/Profile/tabid/...&strlanguage=E

I know this isn't a music announcement per se, but the Skate Canada profile for Paul & Islam (Ice Dance) lists Pasquale Carmelengo and Anjelika Krylova as the choreographers for their FD (the music is from the Legend of 1900 soundtrack, as previously announced). The profile also says their SD will be done my Kelly Johnson (music still to be announced).

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    Knowing Jeremy...I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. This could potentially be interesting, beat Johnny Weir at his own game.
    Haha, but maybe he should postpone it until 2014/15 when vocals will be permitted.

Seriously; Are skaters really waiting this long before they make their programs? And why all the secrets, hinting, joking……? All right I know... they love to tease us

Custom Title
    Jeremy pulls every off every program beautifully.

Custom Title
    Jeremy just wants an excuse to bleach his hair again. But how does that fit his LP? Maybe he will pick the program to suit his hair!

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    Oda's programs are announced:

SP Ragtime Music (Choreo by Tom Dickson)
    LP The Sorcerer's Apprentice by Dukas and Daphnis et Chloé by Ravel (Choreo by Lori Nichol)
    fantastic LP

^
    Yes, hopefully Good to see Oda back. Cool music and video. Interesting to see how it fits with Ravel.

Quote Originally Posted by SkateFiguring View Post
    Jeremy just wants an excuse to bleach his hair again. But how does that fit his LP? Maybe he will pick the program to suit his hair!
    He can wear a wig, pay Morozov as an advisor and do something to Leningrad cowboys.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    From the new GS article on Karen Chen

For the short program, Chen will skate to music from the film The House of Flying Daggers, and to Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra from the Ladies in Lavender soundtrack.

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Paul Parkinson (ITA), per his posts in late May to Facebook and Twitter:

- I will be keeping my short program to Nothing Else Matters [by David Garrett]
    - Jeff Buttle choreographed new long program -- The Queen Symphony: Who wants to live forever, Bicycle race, and We are the champions

Custom Title
    Don't know if this has anything to do with his new programs, but Adaripp has a new look.

https://twitter.com/Adaripp/status/2...472960/photo/1

Quote Originally Posted by DianaSelene View Post
    True. But it annoys me when they pick music that clearly does not fit them. Classical or lyrical music (poto is not exactly classical but I would call it "classical-ish") requires good lines and so on. This couple needs something more upbeat unique. They should show power on the ice. They are quite dynamic and need programs like that. Denney is no Christine and Coughlin is not a prince. A duck is not a swan.

However, I agree that at least they show potential and hope to see improvement in D/C as well as M/B. They're pretty good.
    LOL, The should do the more pedestrian version of Swan Lake called dance of the brown duck. Anne hathaway, choreographer.

Medalist
    http://fskating.com/2012/06/alexei-m...y-healthy.html

2006 Olympic champion Evgeni Plushenko of Russia is currently at the training camp in the Italian town of Pinzolo, where he work with the Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto on his new free skate program to Nino Rota’s “Romeo and Juliet”, said coach Alexei Mishin to RSport agency.

Page 9 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast