2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
If she wrote it especially for Johnny's program:
1. It is orchestral.
2. As the composer, she can of course give it to him, and in which case, there is no copyright issue whatsoever, since it has not been performed in any other venue.

The word "gave" is rather ambiguous, used the way it is in that sentence. She could just as easily have chosen the music (whatever it is) and given him a youtube link. It will be interesting to find out.

And I'm so glad to hear that Rohene is still doing choreography for Jason. The same article (Sarah & Drew's blog) said Jason has a competition coming up in several days and he still hasn't finished the LP. This is prior to Glacier Falls, which he is also signed up for.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Sui-Han:

SP- Mambo
LP- "Chicago"

Yan Han:

SP- collection of tangos (Gade and Piazzolla)
LP- Masquerade by Khachaturian
Choreo by Jiang Haila

The info is from the Russian page in livejournal, they refer to the Chinese source but don't tlink to it. I am not sure how reliable this info is.

Buttercup

Record Breaker
Pechalat/Bourzat announced today that they'll be doing a Rolling Stones FD next season, no specifics at this point.

BlackAxel

Final Flight
I don't know if this has been already mentioned but Jason Brown will be skating to:

SP: "The Question of U" - Prince
LP: "Liebestraume" by F. Lizst

deedee1

Record Breaker
Pechalat/Bourzat announced today that they'll be doing a Rolling Stones FD next season, no specifics at this point.

:cool:

There is a reason for sure for me why I have always loved French ice dancers since the Duchesnays (originally born in Canada, though) and Anissina et Peizerat! :rock:

deedee1

Record Breaker
besides,Song Nan will fly to Canada for two weeks after ArOI,Jeffrey Buttle will choreograph his new SP and LP.

That means we are gonna see a completely different Nan as a skater, right? :love:
I am SO glad he can get programs done by the first-rate foreign choreographer at last!

I love such moments when young skaters show up at competitions as completely different skaters from the previous season and make me :cool: or :jaw: or :love:! Let the new season begin NOW! :biggrin:

LuCN

Rinkside
on ArOI press coference Hongbo Zhao praised Jeff for a long time and he did a lot for the collaboration:biggrin:

next season is intersting,Song goes to Jeff,Oda with Lori,Chan choreographed by Jeff and Wilson and it's just June!many things can happen....I wonder if Dai will give us a surprise too,early news said Lori will choreo one of his program,will Morozov do the other? :laugh:

deedee1

Record Breaker
next season is intersting,Song goes to Jeff,Oda with Lori,Chan choreographed by Jeff and Wilson and it's just June!many things can happen....I wonder if Dai will give us a surprise too,early news said Lori will choreo one of his program,will Morozov do the other? :laugh:

Yes, yes! :yes:
As for Dai. The first part, I can assure you Dai will surprise us and make us love him even more! :love: The second part, however, no more Nikolai, pleeee-ase! :p

macy

Record Breaker
oh dear johnny's doing lady gaga. this is going to be awesome. but strange.

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Oh my stars and garters! So many exciting announcements in this thread! My reactions so far:

Prince's "The Question of U" is an awesome, awesome song and an absolutely inspired choice for Jason Brown. It was used in the Joffrey Ballet production BIllboards, a ballet based on Prince songs. My only worry is whether they'll use the original Prince song, which is mostly instrumental, or some orchestral cover of it by someone else (Ingo Steuer did that for an SP way back in the day with Mandy Wötzel). Prince's production, guitar playing and the distinctive percussion used on the song are all pretty inimicable.

Richard Dornbush skating to some soupy instrumental version of "With or Without You" fills me with meh. I truly and completely loathe these instrumental/orchestral versions of pop songs, usually banged out on the quick for a few bucks. And "With or Without You" is a pretty mopey song to begin with.

Oh the irony of Adam Rippon skating to the soundtrack of The Incredibles, a movie where one of the main character has the power of super speed. But I guess from Dash's point of view, everybody moves as slowly as Adam Rippon does to the rest of us. I hope he doesn't stick too closely to reenacting The Incredibles on ice, and just use it as 60s style swing music.

Johnny Weir skating to Lady Gaga for a competition program? Words cannot express how excited I am at the idea! Although once again, I am worried I'll be subjected to awful instrumental covers of her songs. As per discogs.com, Lady Gaga has released singles with vocal-less versions of her songs, let's hope Weir uses those.

Lynn and Logan skating to an Adele medley fills me with mild misgivings. With the exception of Jeremy Abbott and Yuna Kim, skaters skating to Adele has generally been the lowlight of every exhibition. But at least L and L aren't using "Someone Like You", and this is a competitive program which will be necessarily different from exhibition numbers.

So we already have at least two confirmed Sound of Music short dances. I predict many more. And I predict by the end of the season we'll all hate and fear goats (and goatherds) as much as my friend who has a deathly phobia of goat all his life, and crashed his car into a goat a few days ago.

evangeline

Record Breaker
So we already have at least two confirmed Sound of Music short dances. I predict many more. And I predict by the end of the season we'll all hate and fear goats (and goatherds) as much as my friend who has a deathly phobia of goat all his life, and crashed his car into a goat a few days ago.

Oh no! I hope the goat was OK! (and your friend too as well)

Serious Business

Record Breaker
Oh no! I hope the goat was OK! (and your friend too as well)

My pal is fine. His car, too. The goat? Not so much. It died on the spot and he had to pay the goatherd.

High on a hill
Was a lonely goatherd
Ho-de-lay-ho-de-lay
Ho-de-lay-hi-hoo

A man in a car
Driving down the road heard
Baa BAAA *SCREEECH* *CRASH*
Ho-de-loo

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
:laugh: Poor man & poor goat & poor goatherd too. Oh dear. I'm not going to be able to hear any of these Sound of Music SD's without thinking of your unfortunate friend, Serious Business!

Serious Business

Record Breaker
:laugh: It's too funny/weird/unfortunate/ironic/unironic? that my friend has a real goat-phobia (a phobia so obscure I can't even find an official word for it, and there are official words for almost every phobia there is) all his life (the prominent rectangular pupils of goats freak him out), and he winds up being the one to accidentally kill a goat. Also, I secretly rather enjoy "The Lonely Goatherd" song, I may not actually get sick of it! I hope the teams does the silliest possible schtick to it, 'cause it is a very silly song.

Do we have any word from junior ice dancing teams? I've been dying to find out what possible hip hop songs may be on tap for the junior SD next season.