2012-2013 Programs by Discipline | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2012-2013 Programs by Discipline

Macassar88

Medalist
:laugh: It's too funny/weird/unfortunate/ironic/unironic? that my friend has a real goat-phobia (a phobia so obscure I can't even find an official word for it, and there are official words for almost every phobia there is) all his life (the prominent rectangular pupils of goats freak him out), and he winds up being the one to accidentally kill a goat. Also, I secretly rather enjoy "The Lonely Goatherd" song, I may not actually get sick of it! I hope the teams does the silliest possible schtick to it, 'cause it is a very silly song.

Do we have any word from junior ice dancing teams? I've been dying to find out what possible hip hop songs may be on tap for the junior SD next season.

Bet we'll hear some Willow Smith somewhere
I whip my hair back and forth
I whip my hair back and forth...

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Is this meant to be a joke??? (Sorry, I am the gullible type ...)

Jeremy Abbott ‏@jeremyabbottpcf
"Discussed my new programs for the season with @DougMattis re-bleaching my hair and doing eminem billy idol medley for SP"
10:19 PM - 15 Jun 12

silverlake22

Record Breaker

"Discussed my new programs for the season with @DougMattis re-bleaching my hair and doing eminem billy idol medley for SP"

Knowing Jeremy...I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. This could potentially be interesting, beat Johnny Weir at his own game.

skatingfan04

Final Flight
http://skatecanada.ca/Profile/tabid...nce&strbiocategory=Senior Dance&strlanguage=E

I know this isn't a music announcement per se, but the Skate Canada profile for Paul & Islam (Ice Dance) lists Pasquale Carmelengo and Anjelika Krylova as the choreographers for their FD (the music is from the Legend of 1900 soundtrack, as previously announced). The profile also says their SD will be done my Kelly Johnson (music still to be announced).

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker

Knowing Jeremy...I wouldn't be surprised if he was serious. This could potentially be interesting, beat Johnny Weir at his own game.

Haha, but maybe he should postpone it until 2014/15 when vocals will be permitted.

Seriously; Are skaters really waiting this long before they make their programs? And why all the secrets, hinting, joking……? All right I know... they love to tease us :bang:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Jeremy just wants an excuse to bleach his hair again. ;) But how does that fit his LP? :think: Maybe he will pick the program to suit his hair!

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
From the new GS article on Karen Chen

For the short program, Chen will skate to music from the film The House of Flying Daggers, and to Fantasy for Violin and Orchestra from the Ladies in Lavender soundtrack.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Paul Parkinson (ITA), per his posts in late May to Facebook and Twitter:

- I will be keeping my short program to Nothing Else Matters [by David Garrett]
- Jeff Buttle choreographed new long program -- The Queen Symphony: Who wants to live forever, Bicycle race, and We are the champions

skateluvr

Record Breaker
True. But it annoys me when they pick music that clearly does not fit them. Classical or lyrical music (poto is not exactly classical but I would call it "classical-ish") requires good lines and so on. This couple needs something more upbeat unique. They should show power on the ice. They are quite dynamic and need programs like that. Denney is no Christine and Coughlin is not a prince. A duck is not a swan.

However, I agree that at least they show potential and hope to see improvement in D/C as well as M/B. They're pretty good.

LOL, The should do the more pedestrian version of Swan Lake called dance of the brown duck. Anne hathaway, choreographer.

deedee1

Record Breaker
https://twitter.com/PlushenkoNews/status/215874476234117123/photo/1/large

:cool::rock::biggrin:

Who would have ever anticipated there comes a day a Japanese choreographer would be working with such a legendary skater as Evgeni Plushenko, The King of Skate??? And it's going to be a 'competitive program', right?

WHAT AN HONOR and HOW WONDERFUL!!!

I don't know how it is going to work, or if circumstances are to change (Mishin may simply say NO after completion of the choreo, you know...) we may not get to see this free program at actual competitions.
But today I, as a long time fan of this sport, am just happy, yes! so SO SOOO happy for Kenji Miyamoto! :yes:

blue dog

Trixie Schuba's biggest fan!
Record Breaker
Plushenko skating to Romeo and Juliet? Which character does he portray? Montague or Capulet?

I think he will portray Sasha Cohen in his free skate. It will be revolutionary! To portray another skater...

Last edited: